[ Edited ]
740 Replies 5,417 Views edited 05-10-2012

The Poker Rangers League

poker-league-banner.png

<

Event Name: The Poker Rangers League

Frequency: Every Wednesday at 8pm

Hosts: RenegadeXtreme, Legendary_Vicki and englishgolfer

The Set up: Everyone is welcome – from the noob to the poker shark! We’ll be meeting up once a week to play Texas hold’em. For our base we’ll be using the OPC Community Clubhouse complete with bar and outdoor pool! But as this is a community event we want to visit other peoples’ clubhouses as often as we can.

The League: The league will run 3 times a year – spring/summer, autumn, and winter. It will be open for people to play all season long or just drop-in and play the odd game when they have time. So even if you join in half way through a season you can still have a chance to be the best in the different categories (though to have your scores registered for the season you will need to have played at least 8 games). We want this league to be run in a relaxed atmosphere so the league table positions will be based on alphabetical order and not a “first-to-last” traditional league. Though it will be easy to see and compare each others statistics!

Scoring will be based on how many players are at the table. For example, if there are 5 players then the winner will get 5 points, 2nd place will get 4 points and so on.  For scores to count there must be a minimum of 4 players at a table.

What do you need to do? Firstly, sign up in by posting your name in this thread. Also if you have a clubhouse you’d like us to come and play at mention that at the same time. If you’re not 100% sure how Texas hold’em is played then brush up on your skills! But don’t worry – there are some keen players here that will share some (but not all!) of their best tips.

Please remember that the first person sitting a table is responsible for setting the game to "No limit" by pressing the square button, after all the players have sat down. If the game is accidentally set to "limit" then all the players will need to exit the table and start again. Also if you start a game without one of the hosts sitting at the table please let us know the result so we can adjust the league table accordingly. Thank you and Good Luck!

Message 1 of 741 (5,417 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: The Poker Rangers League

Can't wait to get started!! :Thumbs:

legendary vicki signature
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 741 (5,395 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I look forward to it. :smileyhappy:
Property of xLegioNx
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 741 (5,384 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Stick my name down

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 741 (5,376 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Deal me in! I'm a sub-leader of a clubhouse that could be used (OBBUS), but my Treehouse apartment is already set up with a couple of tables so that would probably be more suitable.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 741 (5,354 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

nice to have you on board jfsebastian. looking forward to visiting your treehouse apartment soon!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 741 (5,347 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It'll be nice to finally get some use out of my poker tables lol.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."
Message 7 of 741 (5,343 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Count me in EG :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 741 (5,338 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

AzedX wrote:

Count me in EG :smileyhappy:

your entry fee is a picture. you know what i mean :smileywink:

i jest! good to have you on board AzedX. how you feeling?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 741 (5,333 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hi EG,

I'll give it a bash!

BR

Nick

photo 2cebc488-b825-4228-8398-81969a60906e_zps48fd76fa.png
0 Kudos