25 Jul 2011
By: VarHyid Member 241 Posts
Level 3

[BUG] Wrong collision mapping upon sitting on the Pas Si Classique sofas (+Alster chair)

[ Edited ]
42 Replies 380 Views edited 25-07-2011

In a nutshell:

When I sit on the Pas Si Classique sofas (and Alster chair) from Ligne Roset, I literally sit in the air.

In detail:

When?

25.07.2011 ~00:30 and ~13:15 (GMT+1)

... but it doesn't matter since it's an object-bug

Where?

Harbour Studio Apartament

...but again, doesn't really matter

Bug description:

The bug is triggered by using the "Sit" option on the Ligne Roset objects:

- Pas Si Classique Left Sofa

- Pas Si Classique Right Sofa

- Alster Chair

Instead of sitting down ON the sofa/chair, I end up "sitting" ABOVE it... as in - I don't really touch the sofa/chair.

Since pictures say more than words, here's how it looks:

Pic #1 - Pas Si Classique Right Sofa:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7937/pshomebug1.jpg

Pic #2 - Pas Si Classique Left Sofa:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4606/pshomebug2.jpg

Pic #3 - Alster Chair:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/57/pshomebug3.jpg

As you can see on Pic #1 - the RIght Sofa is the most ridiculous one, the Left Sofa (Pic #2) is "better", but still - I'm floating. The Alster Chair (Pic #3) is broken too, but... it's a free object so my level of expectation is way lower than in case of the sofas, which I have paid for (please keep that in mind :smileywink: ).

I hope you'll fix it soon :smileyhappy:

Additional info:

- The pictures were taken when the sitting animation was already "complete". It's not like the avatar was "in the process" of sitting down so... yes, it is THAT bad on the Right Sofa.

- It doesn't matter where I put the sofa, even in the center of an almost empty room with no other object or wall close to it - it still happens.

- It doesn't happen with other objects (sofas/chairs), even the basic Harbor Studio furniture (which is free!) works fine.

Questions:

1. I'm not sure if it's also a bug, but when I sit on it, there's no "laying back" animation as in other furniture. When I sit down and do absolutely nothing, usually the avatar lays back after a couple of seconds. This doesn't happen at all on the objects mentioned above.

2. More a request than a question, but since I got your attention :smileywink: - will there ever be a "middle" Pas Si Classique sofa available?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 43 (380 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Re: [BUG] Wrong collision mapping upon sitting on the Pas Si Classique sofas (+Alster chair)

I hate to tell you this but they've been like that since release.

Well the "leaning back" feature only works in some furniture not all so I'm not sure if thats a bug or a feature.

Revamped signature

Life is like a rollercoaster ... you've just got to choose the right one :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 43 (349 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: [BUG] Wrong collision mapping upon sitting on the Pas Si Classique sofas (+Alster chair)

Fritches wrote:

I hate to tell you this but they've been like that since release.

(...)

Well then it's about time to fix this. Since it's a paid object made for both - esthetical and practical purposes, if any of these functionalities are faulty, then by providing me with a faulty product AFTER payment, Sony didn't completely fulfill the sales contract and therefore I'm going to re-claim my part of it - the price of the product.

BUT... I want that sofa, it can be fixed so... 6 days to go. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 43 (346 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

There's been a couple of people that's pointed this out and I thought it would get fixed. Guess not.

You won't be able to get your money back because they'll claim that Home is in a BETA stage. They won't give you a refund untill it gets to the point of freezing your machine (in the case of the Penthouse).

If I was you I'll start nagging Ligne Roset until they fix it.

Revamped signature

Life is like a rollercoaster ... you've just got to choose the right one :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 43 (329 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

Fritches wrote:
(...)

You won't be able to get your money back because they'll claim that Home is in a BETA stage. They won't give you a refund untill it gets to the point of freezing your machine (in the case of the Penthouse).

(...)

I know that. :smileyhappy: Although if I had the time for legal confrontations, I could BET I'd get the money (or at least a paper forcing Sony to fix it). Since I have no intention of going that road and... REALLY want that sofa (see below), this ain't gonna happen.

Besides, if you ever see someone on the internet saying he "wants his money back" or "going to get justice", it usually means he's just ***** (censored word: synonyme of "self-urinated") and is (in most cases) perfectly aware that he just flushed a couple of bucks down the toilet :smileywink:

Fritches wrote:
(...)

Ha! Welcome to my head :smileywink:

I was exactly thinking about this. In fact, when I first saw this sofa in Home, it so appealed me that I was actually thinking if it's really based on a real sofa, looked up Ligne Roset and... it is. :smileyhappy:

Now, once I saw how bugged it is, it made me think: "someone at Ligne Roset must have give this item a go, checking it's quality"... "it must've went through some QA at Ligne Roset" and this makes me think about the quality of their real products. If they care about it the same way as they do in case of the virtual item, then... too bad.

So I've been wondering if they are actually aware of it. Do they know how their "advertisement" actually drives off potential customers? It's sad enough if Sony won't care about the "regular customer" experiencing a bug, but what will they tell Ligne Roset if they would call them wanting their "ad" to be displayed properly. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 43 (326 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

VarHyid wrote:

Fritches wrote:
(...)

(...)

I know that. :smileyhappy: Although if I had the time for legal confrontations, I could BET I'd get the money (or at least a paper forcing Sony to fix it). Since I have no intention of going that road and... REALLY want that sofa (see below), this ain't gonna happen.

Besides, if you ever see someone on the internet saying he "wants his money back" or "going to get justice", it usually means he's just ***** (censored word: synonyme of "self-urinated") and is (in most cases) perfectly aware that he just flushed a couple of bucks down the toilet :smileywink:

Fritches wrote:
(...)

Ha! Welcome to my head :smileywink:

I was exactly thinking about this. In fact, when I first saw this sofa in Home, it so appealed me that I was actually thinking if it's really based on a real sofa, looked up Ligne Roset and... it is. :smileyhappy:

Now, once I saw how bugged it is, it made me think: "someone at Ligne Roset must have give this item a go, checking it's quality"... "it must've went through some QA at Ligne Roset" and this makes me think about the quality of their real products. If they care about it the same way as they do in case of the virtual item, then... too bad.

So I've been wondering if they are actually aware of it. Do they know how their "advertisement" actually drives off potential customers? It's sad enough if Sony won't care about the "regular customer" experiencing a bug, but what will they tell Ligne Roset if they would call them wanting their "ad" to be displayed properly. :smileyhappy:

I know the feeling of losing money to buggy products so your not alone. :smileyhappy:

Yeah when it comes to QA it's hit and miss with Home some products are well QA before published and some aren't.  I do agree that it's driving their customer base away and drives off interested customers and I don't think they realise that Home is a chance to test their products out before buying them in the real world.

I think most of their products have bugs in them somewhere along the line. e.g. when I set in my Alister chair afterwards I can't target anything else to interact with. Also my Malhoun Chaise have an invisable wall on one of the egdes so it can only be used as one kind of 90% sofa. And I don't think they now about these otherwise I'd like to think they'd put the customer first and fix them.

Revamped signature

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 43 (317 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Fritches wrote:

I know the feeling of losing money to buggy products so your not alone. :smileyhappy:

Yeah when it comes to QA it's hit and miss with Home some products are well QA before published and some aren't.  I do agree that it's driving their customer base away and drives off interested customers and I don't think they realise that Home is a chance to test their products out before buying them in the real world.

I think most of their products have bugs in them somewhere along the line. e.g. when I set in my Alister chair afterwards I can't target anything else to interact with. Also my Malhoun Chaise have an invisable wall on one of the egdes so it can only be used as one kind of 90% sofa. And I don't think they now about these otherwise I'd like to think they'd put the customer first and fix them.

As for not being able to target anything after using the chair - it's not just the chair, I think it's a general lag where the softwere/server (?) doesn't "realise" that you just got up. It happened to me as well even on different chairs/sofas.

One more thing that came to my mind (reg. the "I'd get my money" bet) - there is a possibility that I'm wrong (surprise, surprise :smileywink: ). I assumed it's a matter of bad collision, but someone else wrote before, that the avatar has only a limited amount of "steps" in the sitting animation so, for example, sitting on a high chair triggers Sit-1, middle sofa: Sit-2... etc. In this case Sony could prove that it's not the product that's bugged, but the environment and since the environment is:

a) free,

b) a beta,

I might not get a refund at all. But again, that's just speculation, I'm not going that road anyway :smileywink:

Still, even if that's the issue, only the "Left Sofa" should be affected by it due to the lask of the lowest sitting position, yet the right sofa is clearly off.

I, too, think they would put customer first so I want to believe that the reason it's not fixed is that so far, no one has clearly reported this as a bug, just mentioned it in the general thread among other things. So... let's see. It says it the "manual" that a team member will say if they're going to fix it or not so I'm waiting.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 43 (312 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Oh I've never heard about the "steps" before news to me.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Revamped signature

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 43 (305 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Any progress? Updates? Anyone there? Is there a ComminutyTeam member?

According to the "read me":

After you have raised the bug, a member of the Community Team will respond to let you know that we have either escalated the bug, or that we regard it as a non-issue. In the latter case, we will lock your thread.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 43 (286 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Sorry to bring bad news again ( really am ) but we currently do not have a Community Manager/Lead.  Also MOD's don't come to here that often either.

Revamped signature

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 43 (281 Views)
0 Kudos