26 Apr 2012
Playstation Staff

Help system prompts

8 Replies 295 Views Created 26-04-2012

The help system prompts are quite annoying, i turn them off in the settings but everytime i log back on to home it resets.

Any chance you can fix it so when i turn them off, they stay off.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (295 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Help system prompts

When you say help prompts, do you mean the tutorial ones? :smileyfrustrated: I haven't seen any since I updated
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (281 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Yeah, those ones.
They appear everytime you target another person or item.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (269 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

sam_reynolds01 wrote:

The help system prompts are quite annoying, i turn them off in the settings but everytime i log back on to home it resets.

Any chance you can fix it so when i turn them off, they stay off.

Agreed…  One of the most annoying things in that update so far.  Sony, can you please allow us to turn the dummy prompts off??  :Help:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (260 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Just one thing is nice with that new Help systems: it finally reveals what we are in the eyes of Sony, merely interactive objects!! I would lol if it wasn't that serious!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Yeah these are seriously annoying now. If you are facing another user you get that big pointless box at the bottom saying you have targetted an interactive item and it obscures the right hand side of the dialog box. Theres got to be a way of swtiching this off permanently, surely?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (213 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

I'm getting them now. I'm pretty sure this is linked to another problem I've had. Updating chat log settings only works until I reload home.

If I change the prefix from long to short, upon reloading Home it's gone back to Long which leads me to believe that the menu isn't saving any of the settings in it.

One other thing is that the time stamp brackets seem messed up. Last night I noticed it said "[22:42[" surely it should be "[22:42]"?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (208 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Even if you are new to home and decide that you want to use the prompts to familiarize yourself with everything, Sony needs to fix them so they are not blocking the text box.  Its counterproductive to try to assist new users by making things even more confusing, and annoying the living daylights out of everyone else in the process.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Hi peeps, think I've found a fix for this. Bring up your menu, go to options then help system.. now select "reset prompts". Now quit Home & then go back on it. You should get a load of msg's pop up on your screen.. wait till their all finished. You should now find your prompt box at the bottom of your screen has now been fixed ( back to how you like it )  :smileywink:

Message 9 of 9 (187 Views)
0 Kudos