84%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

PS Home shop menu freeze

5 Replies 511 Views Created 22-08-2012
22 Aug 2012
By Act18

Hi i didnt know whether to add to a previous thread or bring up a new one, but i think the problems are related in general.

The problem is the freezing issue, it seems the the problem has gotten worse since todays home update. Before today the freeze only occured in the wardrobe/items/rewards and the shop screens where the items are about to be shown. But today it seems to have moved up a level into the store front? Before i was able to back out of the store negating a reset of the ps3 but today it froze on me as i tried to back out of the store.

The problem was non existant for me 2 weeks ago, now it stops me from perusing my wardrobe, my rewards, my items and now the shop store in the menu. The problem stops me accessing all my items bought or rewarded, i cant change outfits or clothing items or manage my storage. If i try to do any of the above it freezes and i am required to reset the Ps3 which requires the HDD to be repaired everytime taking about 20 minutes each time. And the only way that i know to test if this problem is fixed is to venture into my items/rewards and wardrobe.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dazz-252

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Dazz-252
Accepted Solution

Act18 wrote:

Hi i didnt know whether to add to a previous thread or bring up a new one, but i think the problems are related in general.

The problem is the freezing issue, it seems the the problem has gotten worse since todays home update. Before today the freeze only occured in the wardrobe/items/rewards and the shop screens where the items are about to be shown. But today it seems to have moved up a level into the store front? Before i was able to back out of the store negating a reset of the ps3 but today it froze on me as i tried to back out of the store.

The problem was non existant for me 2 weeks ago, now it stops me from perusing my wardrobe, my rewards, my items and now the shop store in the menu. The problem stops me accessing all my items bought or rewarded, i cant change outfits or clothing items or manage my storage. If i try to do any of the above it freezes and i am required to reset the Ps3 which requires the HDD to be repaired everytime taking about 20 minutes each time. And the only way that i know to test if this problem is fixed is to venture into my items/rewards and wardrobe.

Good news! :smileyhappy:

I just deleted HOME and re-installed it and it has fix all of those problems.

Go to your XMB menu and scroll over to the "Playstation Network" tab and press triangle on the HOME icon, which is just above the Playstation Store icon and delete HOME from here. Don't worry, you will not lose any of your settings or bought items. After you have deleted HOME, re-download HOME from were you deleted it. You'll have to re-download the 1.70 update as well. This should work for you too because we had the same problem. :Thumbs:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: PS Home shop menu freeze

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dazz-252

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Dazz-252
Accepted Solution

Act18 wrote:

What you have described is EXACTLY what is happening to me.

I don't know what to do about it. :Shame:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dazz-252

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Dazz-252
Accepted Solution

Act18 wrote:

Good news! :smileyhappy:

I just deleted HOME and re-installed it and it has fix all of those problems.

Go to your XMB menu and scroll over to the "Playstation Network" tab and press triangle on the HOME icon, which is just above the Playstation Store icon and delete HOME from here. Don't worry, you will not lose any of your settings or bought items. After you have deleted HOME, re-download HOME from were you deleted it. You'll have to re-download the 1.70 update as well. This should work for you too because we had the same problem. :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RPG-Wolf

92%
05 Rank
Progress
RPG-Wolf
Accepted Solution

Why always de- then re-installing Home for solving problems?

Sometimes a simple cache clearing solves the problem, too, and you can access it from within Home!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GunShot_Tech9

91%
03 Rank
Progress
GunShot_Tech9
Accepted Solution

Because clearing the cache within Home is useless for most issues involving hdd reads. We have found deleting Home is more effective than just clearing the cache. You still have to redownload everything with both applications.  

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
84%
02 Rank
Progress
nfskingrlinworld
Accepted Solution