21 Aug 2009
Playstation Staff

What is PlayStation Home Xi?

8 Replies 1,753 Views Created 21-08-2009

Sorry to be such a numbskull, but although I have had my PS3 for about 18 months now, I have never come across Playstation Home Xi.

Would somebody be kind enough to explain what it is to me please?  I do have that 'PlayStation Home' thing installed at the moment but I'm thinking of de-installing it as I'm not into dressing up dolls houses and the like.  Ok for girls I suppose, but the only girls I find in it are just blokes with female avatars.  But I digress.  

Is Xi an extension of Home? 

Regards

Sixpak Chakrabarti

If god had meant us to be vegetarian, why did she make animals out of meat?

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/552712841.png[/IMG][/URL]
http://www.speedtest.net/result/552712841.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (1,753 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: What is PlayStation Home Xi?

yh i know what u mean i feel home doesnt go anything for me and if i wanted 2 play pool and bowling i would play on the wii but i didn't bye a ps3 2 play little games like that so is this something witch will drasticy improve home experience 
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (1,729 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Tim_Lord wrote:

Sorry to be such a numbskull, but although I have had my PS3 for about 18 months now, I have never come across Playstation Home Xi.

Would somebody be kind enough to explain what it is to me please?  I do have that 'PlayStation Home' thing installed at the moment but I'm thinking of de-installing it as I'm not into dressing up dolls houses and the like.  Ok for girls I suppose, but the only girls I find in it are just blokes with female avatars.  But I digress.  

Is Xi an extension of Home? 

Ladies and gentlemen, please do not feed the troll

Message Edited by Finnmaccool on 22-08-2009 12:13 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (1,713 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Good lord. Soory, I feel the need to answer this.

Right, Xi is the thing that made Home better, and not what you're talking about. It was the part of homne that was more than small games and "dress up" as you put it.

Xi was an ARG, and Alternate Reality Game based in Home, in which each DAY (mostly)  players would work together with other Home users from around the world to solve intricate puzzles, thus revealing not only rewards (new things for our avatars, new spaces, new games and more) but a new part of an ever evolving storyline that had a lot of us gripped. It lasted a couple of months, and helped bring the Home community tighter together.

Xi ended a little while ago, when we all solved the final puzzles and managed to complete the game.

And for the record, and my own sense of amusement, I think you've missed the point of Home. It's not "dress up", its a community. Its the Playstation Community. Think of it like this forum, but with far more interaction and pretty colours.

The Book
You do not stop playing games when you're old. You become old when you stop playing games.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (1,707 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It was also global, Australians Americans and Europians working together to solve clues and puzzles, one of which took a couple of days to figure out. It was made by nDreams who have a new space coming to home soon based on a pirate ship, looks very interesting.

Oh and steve is right, Home is not about "dress up" it's about the people you meet, be they good, bad or blockabley abusive. Life is what you make it, so is Home.

"It’s not denial. I’m just very selective about the reality I accept.” -Calvin (6), from Calvin and Hobbes"
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (1,692 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Ahhhh the good times !! Xi was the most fun I had on Home all the fragment pieces and butterflies, It really brought the Home community together over several continents and sometimes when it comes to 2 P.M i think ahhh Xi would have been updated now, can't wait to find out how they come back with Xi2 : Revenge of the Stapler :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: and to the OP of this thread, I have one word for ya GARY!!!

You won't know what this means but Slatz and Steve will, and maybe if you looked into the world of Xi and Home you would have understood it and one more thing Home isn't about "dress-up dolls" it about meeting people and interacting with them, heck if it wasn't for Home I wouldn't have half of the friends that are on my friends list.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (1,577 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

...................... and the parties, my gods the parties, one went on for 72 hours straight. Check elsewhere in this thread for a list of the attendees all proper nutters and great fun.
"It’s not denial. I’m just very selective about the reality I accept.” -Calvin (6), from Calvin and Hobbes"
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (1,575 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

slatz22 wrote:
...................... and the parties, my gods the parties, one went on for 72 hours straight. Check elsewhere in this thread for a list of the attendees all proper nutters and great fun.

God ! Yeah that was the "elevator" party or the "Pre-Party Party" wasn't it, I think Belazir was there for nearly the entire 72 hours how he managed that I don't know lol, Think I only stayed for bout 10 hours but it was all good fun. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (1,528 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The best thing that ever happened to Home
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (1,479 Views)
0 Kudos