PlayStation®Home

PlayStation®Home

25 Sep 2012
By: sam_reynolds01 Award Winner 2673 Posts
Level 8

Aurora 1.6

[ Edited ]
15 Replies 378 Views edited 25-09-2012

nDreams latest news letter is out and with it comes a lot of info for the upcoming aurora update.

Whats New?

It’s been a little while since Aurora’s last update but that hasn’t been down to sheer laziness though! With Blueprint: Home, F.U.B.A.R and other projects going on there has been a lot to do here at nDreams. There have been a couple of additions to Aurora 1.6 as well as some movement of existing Aurora favourites so watch the video below to get a quick overview of where you want to head when you set foot in Aurora.
Blimps

Those little things flying high above Aurora, those are Blimps and for the first time you can take to the skies of Aurora with your friends. Blimps see’s you playing a game of tag with 32 people. When you first play Blimps you are given a free blimp but you are able to purchase new blimps with different designs and better manoeuvrability to help you avoid being tagged! If you do purchase a new blimp you will be rewarded with Aurora XP as well to help you level up and reach Level 100 and obtain the Aurora Champion Apartment.

The great thing about Blimps is that this is just the start. We want to hear from you and allow our community to help shape how Blimps evolves over time. We are looking for you to feedback with what you think should be next for Blimps. You can feedback via TwitterFacebook or by replying to this e-mail.
Layout

The most noticeable thing about Aurora 1.6 is the removal of dedicated islands for both Los Penguini Brothers and Espionage 9. These two have been brought together on one island along with the Blueprint: Home table. Replacing the Espionage 9 island we have a dedicated island to another nDreams game F.U.B.A.R which includes a relocator that will take you directly into F.U.B.A.R when it is released. The Collect-o-Rama is bidding farewell, so if you want to obtain the limited edition rewards I would make sure you finish the objectives sooner rather than later.
Future Updates

We are keen to keep the wait down for the next iteration of Aurora and will be keeping you up to date with the progress on 1.7. A little hint of what possibly could make it into the next update how about some new trap-o-matic rewards? Or maybe just maybe, the chance to smash beyond level 100…
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (378 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: Aurora 1.6

[ Edited ]

Hmm, I see where FUBAR, los penguin Bros and Espionage 9 are, and even where the Blimps pad is. The Trap-o-matic doesn't seem to have moved much though it's now in a little paddock of its own and the Orb Runner hasn't moved.

Big question though; Where's the Xi museum island gone, and what's with the Japanese inspired mansion/blocks of grey where it was?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (333 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (327 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Or maybe just maybe, the chance to smash beyond level 100…

Jesus H Christ - No! Just, no! It's asking a LOT for people to get to level 100 to start with but going beyond that is just ridiculous in my opinion considering the amount of XP needed to level up when you get that high.

Apart from that though - I like the rest of the new stuff! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (324 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

FYI new levels aren't coming in 1.6...it's a hint at what might happen in 1.7.
----------------------------------

nDreams Digital Product Manager
Twitter - @nDreamers / @Joeydale13
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (303 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Blimps looks like it could be quite fun.

Personally, I'm all for a level cap increase in a future update as I enjoyed reaching level 100 and got some nice rewards.
As for the Trap, I happy to get new rewards from it but could we have at least 1 unique reward in there rather than all being re-skins?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Wow nDreams just wow! Locomotions, F.U.B.A.R and this update. I love the fact that you're normally the first to jump in and try something new and you never cease to amaze. Keep up the great work :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (286 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I really hope they up the level cap, I've been in 100 for many months and unless the blimp game gives rewards their is no point in playing it for xp. The Trap does need NEW prizes and im sick of getting smoke machines / flying doughnut etc. All I want is the apartment, but it looks like I have to buy the chair to unlock that ( which aint gonna happen). Roll on Xi 2 already!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (279 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

We are listening re: any new trap items, don't worry! We've seen feedback :-)
----------------------------------

nDreams Digital Product Manager
Twitter - @nDreamers / @Joeydale13
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (273 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

nDreams_Joey wrote:
We are listening re: any new trap items, don't worry! We've seen feedback :-)

Good to hear :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (266 Views)
0 Kudos