13 Aug 2009
By Hentis
Playstation Staff

Ban the use of Capcom related Home items, spaces .

23 Replies 1,178 Views Created 13-08-2009

I would like to put forward a suggestion that  people do not use any related capcom item be it game, home space or clothing until Capcom updates the Resident Evil 5 space for the EU home or we get information as to when it will be avaialble.   Its ridiculous that the EU are not being treated the same as the other 3 regions in home.

The  US, HK and JP have fully updated implemented ecommerce in their versions. Yet the EU has not. Why?

I urge people not to use the Resident Evil 5 space or use any Capcom based game space or home item until they have given us an explanation or fully updated Resident Evil space.

Its a longshot but only you can help.

Cheers

Hentis

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24 (1,178 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Ban the use of Capcom related Home items, spaces .

well said there is no excuse for this. why couldnt they do like they did with ea space. i believe ours was us version to start. give us us version no need for localisation.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (1,166 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

in europe we always get things last from japan, majority of the time, it happened in the past and it's happening now, only exception was marvel vs capcom 2 which we got today for a few hours before america has it, a miracle that capcom got a game onto the playstation store the same day as america, must be a first, the other games puzzle fighter, street fighter HD remix took 6 months to come out, i no i'm going off track but it's true, but that is how it is, japan, hk, america, europe, (uk on disc games) possibly australia, new zealand after that, in that order, it's capcom's choice if they want to release the update for the res5 space or not and there is nothing we can do about it
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24 (1,152 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

US doesnt have the RE Archives yet, and the beatle game SUCKS.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (1,148 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I do not support this...as it would mean not playing Ace Attorney for a while. =/

Sorry, but I love ace attorney too much to be swayed by campaigns that won't change anything. At all. 8D. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24 (1,144 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I agree with Hentis, if they don't support us why should we support them? I've already stopped using any capcom products.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24 (1,095 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

This is ridiculous...Capcom is probably one of the hardest working and easily most committed games companies in the industry, with dozens of well known franchises and titles to it's name - they PROBABLY don't really have much of an interest in dealing with Home given how patchy and unreliable the service can be, and that they're better off focusing on the games that got them to where they're at now, rather than handling a smalltime space on a virtual world platform that's showing cracks in it's fundemental concepts.

This is an over-reaction, and all I see here are people who are willing to put common sense aside to cater to an ill informed sense of righteousness because of something that, in the long run, isn't exactly going to directly benefit them in the long run.

Sure, they released it elsewhere - but who's wants to bet against the fact that, maybe, they saw too many flaws in the idea as a whole and simply decided to leave it alone?

Get a sense of perspective, people...sometimes things are just done this way because it makes more sense for those in charge to not go along with what originally looked like a good idea but then perhaps didn't live up to expectations.

And with Sony Home, this is just as much a possibility as them saying LULS-EUROPE, NO!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (1,086 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Then perhaps they should have the decency to inform the people who are expecting it to not expect it,rather than leaving them in the learch,they should also remove the "Coming Soon" notices.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (1,076 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

To be honest I'd rather they remove the Resi 5 space entirely than finish it. Its a waste of memory if you ask me.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24 (1,068 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It would be good if they would at least let the community know if the space is actually going be completed, or whether it's just going to be left in it's current unfinished state indefinitely.

I keep asking this question on every update regarding home on the EU Blog, I encourage you guys to do the same.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24 (1,041 Views)
0 Kudos