PlayStation®3

PlayStation®Home

PlayStation®Home

Level 3

Re: Fossoil Digging Tips

Oh yeah, I forgot about the display cases. I went off and bought them but apparently I have a long way to go... Also, thanks matthawes for the tip, it really helps.:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 210 (337 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

Retro_1973 wrote:

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

KrazyFace wrote:
Ok Seribal, I don't think anyone's explaining this to you very well, so here goes.

You get one dig a day (as you know) so falling is the last thing you wanna do. Personally, I NEVER use the jack-hammer. If you look at the star rating of each tool it'll also tell you how likely you are to fall using that tool. So use the hammer and spike aggressively the first couple of times then finish off with your shovel or brush. The "clods of dirt" are given in random sizes, I've had small, medium and large ones all with the default tools so it's just luck there. Just don't get greedy and go for more than one fossil per day, or you WILL fall, and when you do you loose ALL the fossils you have collected.

Which brings the next bit of advice; you can save up to 100 fossils (I think) for the girl that appears on the 7th, 17th and 27th of each month who'll give you rarer stuff than the shady guy. That's it really. I'll point out that most if the fossil furniture items are not exactly "small" either, maybe the rusty can is but the rest are a fair size.

The whole "secret excavation site" thing is part of a glitch (an actual, useful glitch) which I won't go into here as it's not really allowed...

lol no good explaining now over a month and a half after i created it , i have since collected all the fossils and they're  sitting nicely in their display cases  :Thumbs:

Pictures please! :smileyhappy:

Pifft  just request invite when were on and ill show you, cant be bothered with all the messing around doing pics

OK, it's a date! lol

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 210 (326 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Retro_1973 wrote:

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

Retro_1973 wrote:

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

KrazyFace wrote:
Ok Seribal, I don't think anyone's explaining this to you very well, so here goes.

You get one dig a day (as you know) so falling is the last thing you wanna do. Personally, I NEVER use the jack-hammer. If you look at the star rating of each tool it'll also tell you how likely you are to fall using that tool. So use the hammer and spike aggressively the first couple of times then finish off with your shovel or brush. The "clods of dirt" are given in random sizes, I've had small, medium and large ones all with the default tools so it's just luck there. Just don't get greedy and go for more than one fossil per day, or you WILL fall, and when you do you loose ALL the fossils you have collected.

Which brings the next bit of advice; you can save up to 100 fossils (I think) for the girl that appears on the 7th, 17th and 27th of each month who'll give you rarer stuff than the shady guy. That's it really. I'll point out that most if the fossil furniture items are not exactly "small" either, maybe the rusty can is but the rest are a fair size.

The whole "secret excavation site" thing is part of a glitch (an actual, useful glitch) which I won't go into here as it's not really allowed...

lol no good explaining now over a month and a half after i created it , i have since collected all the fossils and they're  sitting nicely in their display cases  :Thumbs:

Pictures please! :smileyhappy:

Pifft  just request invite when were on and ill show you, cant be bothered with all the messing around doing pics

OK, it's a date! lol

look forward to it  :Blush:

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 210 (321 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Get a room you two, oh wait..... you are lol

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 210 (308 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Furys-embrace wrote:

Get a room you two, oh wait..... you are lol

Jealousy is a terrible thing!  :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 210 (305 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

LOL yeah Im as green as your 40,000 smoke machines because Seribal wont show me his BONE collection in private! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 210 (303 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

0 Kudos
Level 10

Furys-embrace wrote:

LOL yeah Im as green as your 40,000 smoke machines because Seribal wont show me his BONE collection in private! :smileyvery-happy:

Hey, that man's trilobites are the talk of the town! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 210 (293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

LOL well I've got an impressive spare tyre so there!

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 210 (287 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

Well, taking the conversation back to digging tips, I found out something by pure fluke. If you wait to cash in your clumps of soil, the longer you wait the better the chances of getting something decent, or at least that's what is implied from the text that comes up about each lump when you talk to the bloke. I assume that's how you get the Ramphorhynchus fossils.

This was discovered by going to the bloke, selecting th fossils in turn but not actually geting them appraised, then going back the next day after doing some digging with new fossils and going down the list again and comparing while remembering which fossil sizes I already had and comparing from what he'd said the previous day. I've now waitied several days and checked each day; how the bloke describes the chances of each lump having anything in it seems to improve each day. The amount of improvement seems to vary lump by lump however.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 210 (235 Views)
0 Kudos