PlayStation®3

PlayStation®Home

PlayStation®Home

Level 10

Re: Fossil Digging Tips

Further to Krazy's post above I can tell you that it's currently possible to collect:

15 Leaf Fossils
5 Trilobite Fossils

5 Ammonite Fossils

4 Ramphorhynchus Fossils

4 or 5 different sized stones

A rusty tin can

An old tyre

A branch

I don't know if it's possible to collect any Ammonite or Ramphorhynchus fossils at this time with the standard tools though [maybe someone can confirm or deny that?] as I haven't got any of those yet.

That mysterious woman doesn't seem to give any rarer fossils than the suspicious man either but she does sometimes find 2 fossils in 1 clod of dirt.

Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 210 (402 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: Fossoil Digging Tips

I allways use 4 times the strongest tool each which works fast and fine.

With tools which you can buy you can reach 2 founds with each digging.

Who said the 2nd place is not allowed?

lg Blue
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 210 (400 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Just the fact that you can't access it by conventional means Blue. If it was allowed, they would give us a rope or a path up to it, don't you think?
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 210 (394 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

I think it is all about marketing.

Cool to do "forbidden" things, isn´t it.

If they want to stop this - it is very easy to stop - don´t you think?

lg Blue
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 210 (388 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

KrazyFace wrote:
Ok Seribal, I don't think anyone's explaining this to you very well, so here goes.

You get one dig a day (as you know) so falling is the last thing you wanna do. Personally, I NEVER use the jack-hammer. If you look at the star rating of each tool it'll also tell you how likely you are to fall using that tool. So use the hammer and spike aggressively the first couple of times then finish off with your shovel or brush. The "clods of dirt" are given in random sizes, I've had small, medium and large ones all with the default tools so it's just luck there. Just don't get greedy and go for more than one fossil per day, or you WILL fall, and when you do you loose ALL the fossils you have collected.

Which brings the next bit of advice; you can save up to 100 fossils (I think) for the girl that appears on the 7th, 17th and 27th of each month who'll give you rarer stuff than the shady guy. That's it really. I'll point out that most if the fossil furniture items are not exactly "small" either, maybe the rusty can is but the rest are a fair size.

The whole "secret excavation site" thing is part of a glitch (an actual, useful glitch) which I won't go into here as it's not really allowed...

lol no good explaining now over a month and a half after i created it , i have since collected all the fossils and they're  sitting nicely in their display cases  :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 210 (382 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

KrazyFace wrote:
Ok Seribal, I don't think anyone's explaining this to you very well, so here goes.

You get one dig a day (as you know) so falling is the last thing you wanna do. Personally, I NEVER use the jack-hammer. If you look at the star rating of each tool it'll also tell you how likely you are to fall using that tool. So use the hammer and spike aggressively the first couple of times then finish off with your shovel or brush. The "clods of dirt" are given in random sizes, I've had small, medium and large ones all with the default tools so it's just luck there. Just don't get greedy and go for more than one fossil per day, or you WILL fall, and when you do you loose ALL the fossils you have collected.

Which brings the next bit of advice; you can save up to 100 fossils (I think) for the girl that appears on the 7th, 17th and 27th of each month who'll give you rarer stuff than the shady guy. That's it really. I'll point out that most if the fossil furniture items are not exactly "small" either, maybe the rusty can is but the rest are a fair size.

The whole "secret excavation site" thing is part of a glitch (an actual, useful glitch) which I won't go into here as it's not really allowed...

lol no good explaining now over a month and a half after i created it , i have since collected all the fossils and they're  sitting nicely in their display cases  :Thumbs:

Would you mind stating them? I knew it is a bit much to ask but, correct me if I'm wrong, there is no completely full list of the fossils you can earn. Also, did you buy any of the tools?

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 210 (367 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I dunno Blue, was it as easy for them to stop people from dancing in the bowling lanes but that was what, to forbidden and cool for them to bother with too?

@ Seribal, I didn't look at the original post date. So in that case, well done on your collection!
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 210 (363 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

KrazyFace wrote:

Pictures please! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 210 (360 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Retro_1973 wrote:

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

KrazyFace wrote:

Pictures please! :smileyhappy:

Pifft  just request invite when were on and ill show you, cant be bothered with all the messing around doing pics

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 210 (335 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I bought the pick-axe but haven't bought the shovel. I've found that I can get 2 finds by using the pick-axe 3 times and the hammer and chisel once to get one find and then repeat.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 210 (311 Views)
0 Kudos