14 Oct 2010
Playstation Staff

HOMEstyle Magazine one-year anniversary issue -- out now

3 Replies 540 Views Created 14-10-2010

Aloha, everyone.

I’m writing this to let you all know that the one-year anniversary issue of HOMEstyle Magazine has now been released. And you simply won’t believe whom we’ve got on our cover. Take a look for yourself at http://homestylesmagazine.com/

You know how you try to talk your best friend into watching your favorite TV show? And how you say, “Just check THIS episode out. Watch THIS one.”

Many of you here in SCEE Home are already familiar with HSM. Some of you aren’t. But, even if you’ve merely glossed through some of the back issues, I urge you to check thisone out. Because this one’s different.

Simply put: who says that a fanzine can’t turn into something greater?

Things are changing in Home. User-generated content from one of our media partners, Gamer In-Depth, has already been featured within North America Home itself. And look at the work DIRECTOR_ON_DUTY and Jersquall are doing with their new respective ventures. There’s opportunity in the wind.

HOMEstyle Magazine, entering its second year, has committed itself to a dramatic goal: to make this user-generated fanzine something that could journalistically stand toe-to-toe with commercial publications. We won't rest until we've reached that goal.

Issue #8 is our opening salvo.

On behalf of:

NJRAMAL (HSM’s founder),

Misscooco_909 (Editor-in-Chief),

Elite_Shadow_FEC (Team Manager)

...and the entire collection of talented HOMEstyle artists and writers, I would like to welcome you to read and critique our anniversary issue. Let us know what you think. We’re a magazine written by the community and for the community. This is for you.

Mahalo nui loa,

--NorseGamer, HSM Editor

"Culture is roughly everything we do and monkeys don't." --FitzRoy Somerset, 4th Baron Raglan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (540 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: HOMEstyle Magazine one-year anniversary issue -- out now

The past 12 months working on this project have been one amazing journey! Thank you to the dedicated staff who put together this enormous effort each issue and to the global Home community who supports the magazine. If you get the opportunity please check out our brand new posters in the US mall and theater lobby!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (466 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Well done but I don't feel this is the best place to be posting, I've seen your magazine and its all about NA Home, so we here in the EU can't really relate to your magazine's content, also who wants to read about stuff we aren't getting? 

pablologo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (451 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Aloha,

While the magazine has, in the past, focused on North America Home, we are in the process of branching out with our coverage. Further, while different regions have somewhat different content within their respective Homes (and I suppose the grass is always greener...), there's actually a surprising amount of content -- particularly with Issue #8 -- that covers topics which are universal to all of Home's incarnations, and thus ideally should have a broader range of appeal.

(IrishSiren's rather interesting piece on digital flirting etiquette, for instance, is one which I suspect translates quite well to EU as well as NA.)

Just as many American users are curious as to what's taking place in Europe, I suspect the same is true for European Home users and their curiosity towards North America Home. Hence why HOMEstyle Magazine may be of interest to them.

Unavailability to acquire region-specific content shouldn't really be considered an impediment to being able to relate to the overall Home experience. For instance, I consider myself something of a petrolhead; the fact that I can't purchase a Ford Mondeo in the USA doesn't prevent me from watching a review of it on BBC's Top Gear -- because the experience of that programme is enjoyable, even if some of the content is unavailable in my region (or due to price).

There will be those, CAM11, who feel as you do (and thank you for the compliment, by the way!); others, perhaps, will check out HOMEstyle Magazine out of curiosity, and find the magazine an enjoyable experience that adds to their perspective on Home. All we can do is reach out with the best product we have and try to expose it to as many people as possible. :smileyhappy:

--NorseGamer, HSM Editor

"Culture is roughly everything we do and monkeys don't." --FitzRoy Somerset, 4th Baron Raglan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (411 Views)
0 Kudos