on 14-12-2008 10:19 PM
So far Home is good but it does have its issues:
1) Better security - mute is good option but put in a report command to rat out the abusers. Plus some people with headsets have been spewing racism, sexism, and other hateful things.
2) More content - I mean more of everything, music, customization items and places, dance moves, etc, literally more of everything.
3) Cheaper stuff - The price of things is just too high for what is offered ie I don't feel I'm getting a good value for my money.
4) Codes and virtual dollars - these are great ideas as it allows those without access to online funds to customize their avatars and places.
5) Massive potential - exploit the potential as much as possible.
What I really enjoyed:
1) The dancing - the variety of dance moves is fine for now and I love the listening@home thing where you can vote on what song plays next.
2) The shopping - making a virtual mall where you can shop really made it a nice experience. Definitely reminded me of actually shopping at a mall, now I just need to wait for when there are more items to buy.
3) Mini games - the games were rather basic but it is a good variety and definitely a good way of wasting time. However I didn't feel compelled to play for long since they were so basic and not addicting.
4) Loading - I like the fact that once you've downloaded a place travelling there took only a matter of a few seconds if not shorter.
1) Another theatre - the free theatre is fine for when Sony wants to advertise its upcoming movies and whatnot but there should be another theatre where you pay to watch an entire feature film. Since Sony has an extensive movie library this shouldn't be too much of a problem. Sony could even have marathon style movie runs, for example since they own the Bond license Sony could offer to show several Bond flicks for one low price, like say 3 to 6 for $5 or whatever; but not all since there are like 20 Bond films and I really don't see anyone wanting to sit and watch movies for 2 days straight.
2) Put in some kind of time factor - what I mean is have the sun rise and set, I think it would add to the experience.
3) Allow user content - one example of this is to allow people to start up nightclubs where they can upload what music they want to play and make it geared towards a particular style like rave, hip hop, goth, whatever.
on 14-12-2008 10:21 PM
My main concern:
If we look at the popular MMO's out there, the reason players keep going back to them is not only because there are other people to interact with but also becasue of the underlying game.
I think that introducing some kind of global game that all Home users can participate in can encourage people to keep coming back to Home.
One idea is to implement a collectible card game. It can be similar to the ones in Final Fantasy 8 or 9, or be closer to Magic: The Gathering. Everyone starts off with an initial deck and new cards can be acquired by beating other players. spending trophie points, or very cheap real money (like 10 cents per boster pack). Players can challenge other players in a game room. It is preferable if this game can be played with more than two players.
Another idea is something similar to the insectron tournament in Rogue Galaxy.
And I'm sure there are many other great ideas out there. The best game would involve addictive competiveplay with two or more players and involve trophies as the primary currency, real money secondary. I'd like to point out that Sony makes money with a trophy currency because that implies games are bought.
It is imporant to implement only one game though because you wouldn't want the user-base to spread over several activities and be diluted in the process.
Here are othe miscellaneous ideas:
- I think lowering the prices in Home to 5-10 cents would be more enticing to Home users since those prices do not seem like much.
- Using trophy points as a form of currency is an interesting proposal I've come across which I think deserves consideration.
- The public places need garbage cans with the hint of an xbox360 at the top with a RROD.
- I like that we can see people playing chess, but I'd like to be able to get a closer view of the game by pushing 'x'.
- It would be nice to see more trailers for games and without charging the game developers for it (I have the PSN only, $15 and less, games in mind).
- I don't know if this could be done yet: It would be great if a game room can offer perks to owners of a game, such as restricted access to certain areas of the game room, clothing, funiture, and arcade booths for use in apartments, which can be restricted by having to get a certain trophy in-game.
15-12-2008 12:54 PM - edited 15-12-2008 12:58 PM
1) Internet radio? What about a selection of real digital stations (BBC Radio 1, 2 etc.)? Played either:in a public area, such as in a pub,in one's personal apartment or on a personal stereo.
2) I followed a friend from the Home Square in to the Bowling Alley and we ended up getting put in different Bowling complexes after the loading. Obviously, this was resolved with the goto (and yet more loading). If friends follow each other in to new areas / spaces, can't we be kept together? Or perhaps we can choose to form a party (stick together)...?
3) I lost my friend in Home Square but he was definitely there in the same space (Home Square) as me. When I chose goto, it went through the loading again - why does it need to reload the area if we're in the same location? Why can't it just warp my player to the friends location upon goto?
4) Can people be removed from activities such as pool and arcade games if inactive for say 10 mins (wouldn't work for chess if there is a great deal of thinking going on!)
on 15-12-2008 01:07 PM
Hi Mods, here are my suggestions for future ideas in Home:
1. Better furniture placement camera.
2. Character fighting games ie Teken style with your own characters
3. Construct your own apartment/house.
4. Character more agile, ie can climb, and navigate over obstacles, (ie assasins creed style)
5. Sky tower with view over square, use lift/ladder to climb up
6. Dangle feet in water by square
7. Pan out view (ie GTA action camera)
on 15-12-2008 01:11 PM
Those are really good ideas Bwani. I really like them especially character fighting games and the character being more agile.
a nice over looking area would be cool as you have also suggested.
I'd really like some sort of simple racing game....like go carts? I think that would be cool. Not sure how feasable this stuff is though ?
15-12-2008 01:18 PM - edited 15-12-2008 01:23 PM
Definately, I agree that go-carting would be a real hotty. Walking into an arena with a mate then hopping into a car, doing a few laps of indoor carting, that's BRILLIANT, absolutely Genius...or should I say, GENIUII, (multiple instances of genius)
I hope Sony can take heed, they're good at listening to customers though and the key to Home's success as well as advertising and social community.
If they give us internal, Home based games they'll win us over, meeting up in the square then going for a round of golf, tenis....actually add that to my list.
Would be a treat and ensure more of us latch onto the HOME idea.
Fifa 09, Formula One CE, GTA IV, FIGHT NIGHT 3, and HOME!
on 15-12-2008 01:20 PM
Actually thats really cool!
Surely golf/tennis would be relatively simple to sort out? Even a really simple version?
Awesome! Can't wait for the next update
on 15-12-2008 04:12 PM
on 16-12-2008 06:14 AM
To post a message, you will need to Sign In to the Forums using your PLAYSTATION®Network Sign In ID and password.
If you do not yet have a PSN account, just click here to register.
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]