05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Home update 1.65 feedback

[ Edited ]
42 Replies 378 Views edited 25-04-2012

How's about an option to hang up a personal call ( we use to have it ), also how's about an option to see any notifications we've missed ( eg, been invited to personal chat but missed the invite ), again we use to have this.

(edit ).. Ok found these options, talk about hidden  o_0   

0 Kudos
LABELS:
/16

Dark-Twisted

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dark-Twisted
Accepted Solution
As I said in another thread, I think this update is great. I like having the full screen for the new menu (because my small TV is.. ouch), and it feels like a re-skinned, smoother running Home. The new colour is nice and compliments my ID and clothing, hopefully we'll see more colours as everyone will use that grey now.. since it's the in-thing.

However. I read a post in the NA forums- apparently the anti-freeze has been patched, which I understand, but people are still running around in merged outfits freezing people. Maybe you could use the same method the other site used to prevent this? I went into EU today and got froze nearly straight away. It always seems to happen there.
0 Kudos

Re: Home update 1.65 feedback

/16

HoneyBee20

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HoneyBee20
Accepted Solution
Great update :) Love the new menu layout and its alot faster.
0 Kudos

I'm now on Xbox, so goodbye everyone :)
/16

HoneyBee20

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HoneyBee20
Accepted Solution
The 'you have targeted' popup also has NOT went away for me( im not a new user and used home several times last night. Dont have a problem with it as it doesnt bother me. But just noticed a post saying it was for new users and will go away.
0 Kudos

I'm now on Xbox, so goodbye everyone :)
/16

Wait-Jester-Sec

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wait-Jester-Sec
Accepted Solution

I like the new menu layout think it looks good and the ability to move companions into storage is very handy. But the one thing i do not like is this 'you have targeted an active item box' it is very in your face and covers part of the chat log. Who's idea was this and how the hell did it get past testing? This isnt for new users as i have been using home for 4 years and have been on there several times since the update went live.

Can we please either shrink it or remove it as it is not needed at all. Why add it in the first place i mean honestly it makes no sense :| especially when you have a big group of friends you are talking to it will always be there taking up a good chunk of the screen and it just looks bad. Can we have someone take a look at it please?

0 Kudos

photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
/16

Boxyohyeah

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Boxyohyeah
Accepted Solution

As Jester and others have said...the "You have targeted an active item" box is annoying. It tends to cover a portion of the chat log, so if you are chatting with people, you need to keep moving away to read the log.

Needs to fixed....like...soon.

0 Kudos

/16

KrazyFace

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
Hmm, a mixed response I see. I've not had the pleasure of getting into Home yet (as I mentioned yesterday) but I'm kinda looking forward to seeing this new layout. Don't like the sound of this target info box everyones moaning about, the little info bar that appeared when you stood close enough to things annoyed me as it was, this sounds like it's gonna drive me up the wall! Still, we'll see. You lot might just be makin a mountian out a mole hill here...
0 Kudos

/16

matthawes

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
matthawes
Accepted Solution
I like most of it. One thing I do hate though is in the bowling alley they have changed the bowling controls. It's even less accurate than it was before. Also tbh it didn't need to be changed as it wasn't broken in the first place.
0 Kudos

/16

KrazyFace

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
Ok, I take it back; those info bars are EXTREMELY annoying! Seems to me some executive honcho wants it in as his/her idea regardless of honest advice. Either that orthe Home dev team have lost the plot...
0 Kudos

/16

Wait-Jester-Sec

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wait-Jester-Sec
Accepted Solution

KrazyFace wrote:
Ok, I take it back; those info bars are EXTREMELY annoying! Seems to me some executive honcho wants it in as his/her idea regardless of honest advice. Either that orthe Home dev team have lost the plot...

Its very intrusive isn't it? It actually covers part of the chat log and takes up a good portion of the bottom of the screen. As I said earlier I don't know why they implemented it, or how on earth it passed the testing phase. Wouldn't a beta tester at least say "Look this is unneeded" or 'its in the way of the chat log?' that's even if they got a look at it before Sony uploaded it.

This reminds me of the time they removed the colour from the chat logs. That was an idiotic decision but our voices were heard and we got the original colour log back. So if all goes well we will get it shrunk to an extent or removed hopefully

0 Kudos

photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
/16

KrazyFace

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
Just an option to turn it on/off in the settings would even be enough really. Bizarre how these things get past the Alpha testing phase, I mean, in Home we're all Beta testers as it still has it's little Beta label so I expect problems in the program. But I think a lot of people think it's a finished product and expect smooth sailing all the way.

Hopefully, as you've already said, we'll be heard about this frustrating inconvenience and it'll be sorted by next week...
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

sam_reynolds01

• Award Winner
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sam_reynolds01
Accepted Solution
You can turn those off:
Options>Help System>Show Prompts

The only problem is it seems to turn it self back on again every time you log back on.
0 Kudos

/16

mid3get

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mid3get
Accepted Solution

I don't mind the new look, It took a little while to get used to but it's simple enough.

I like that when you bring up the menu the screen is transparant so you can still see whats going on around you - and you can still rotate the camera as well!

0 Kudos

/16

MONTYALMIGHTY

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MONTYALMIGHTY
Accepted Solution
Have you noticed pop ups activate for things even though you are far way from them now? Like if you are "30//40 feet" from a poster it still shows up "(X)Poster" . It's really irritating.
0 Kudos

/16

iDontKnowNEfink

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iDontKnowNEfink
Accepted Solution
i think it needs more glitches.
0 Kudos

/16

WitchBIade

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WitchBIade
Accepted Solution
I hope the help system gets fixed , I'm starting to get quite annoyed having to turn off the notifications every time i sign in.

I really dislike the huge white bar with txt under the targeting system, instead of making the target bar less noticable they managed to make it even more of an eyesore.

Cept this minor issue the overal design looks pretty modern, I like it, just get rid of that damn white bar of txt!
0 Kudos

/16

MONTYALMIGHTY

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MONTYALMIGHTY
Accepted Solution
They have gone for me now. But some times one will randomly pop up when I walk past something.
0 Kudos

/16

MONTYALMIGHTY

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MONTYALMIGHTY
Accepted Solution
I think people like you shouldn't be allowed near a ps3
0 Kudos

/16

Fritches

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fritches
Accepted Solution

HoneyBee20 wrote:
The 'you have targeted' popup also has NOT went away for me( im not a new user and used home several times last night. Dont have a problem with it as it doesnt bother me. But just noticed a post saying it was for new users and will go away.

It's gone off for me.  The only thing it pops up on now is the Cogs game nothing else.

It's meant to learn new users what it is they've targeted, it was introduced 2 core updates ago. It's not really sopposed to be active to users that have been on Home for ages. 

0 Kudos

Life is like a rollercoaster ... you've just got to choose the right one :)
/16

matthawes

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
matthawes
Accepted Solution
Well it still shows for me and I've been on Home for over a year.
0 Kudos

/16

jfsebastian

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jfsebastian
Accepted Solution

Overall I like the changes brought in with 1.65 and think they are a distinct improvement. However the changes to bowling and pool are so drastic I imagine quite a few people will be somewhat miffed. 

The alterations to the controls and the in-game physics are so different we'll basically have to relearn from scratch. I don't mind so much with the bowling because it seems more true to life now, but the pool is a bit of a nightmare, and feels like a step backwards rather than a refinement of the game.

0 Kudos

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."
/16

Fritches

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fritches
Accepted Solution
Try deleting the script and settings files in the save folder. maybe that should kick it into action after it's been threw the tutorial cycle.
0 Kudos

Life is like a rollercoaster ... you've just got to choose the right one :)
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel