23 May 2012
Playstation Staff

I have an idea

11 Replies 372 Views Created 24-05-2012

SONY should offer a reward for the person who told how this screen freezing glitch is being done so it can be fixed. This can't be a $50 psn card reward this has to be huge. Like lets say you offer a tremendous sum of money or make everything available free of charge to this person, I bet one of these glitchers would be inclined to fork over the info then. Hell SONY you don't even have to give them the reward. Just bluff so you can find this out and get it fixed cause you're losing customers and I asure you your lack of vigilance towards these freezers is the main problem.

YLOD Pictures, Images and Photos
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (372 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: I have an idea

They know how its being done, they just don't seem to be able to patch it.

it's done by merging certaing clothes over an outfit. They keep patching the new ways to create merges, but those with merge already made can keep loading their merge in all these new client updates. i doubt it will ever be patched. even if they banned everyone who is doing it, people will just use Xploder to copy their save file onto new accounts and begin freezing again.

Home will always be like it, it has been for the past 2 years now.

I like spelunker :smileyvery-happy:
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (356 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

How about they offer a big reward, one of us be the fall guy, and we take dividends. Yep, sounds like a wise plan to me :smileyindifferent: :smileyvery-happy:
Message 3 of 12 (353 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Then what if they changed it so you can only access your wardrobe in your personal spaces? yeah its a big sacrifice but surely it would fix the problem and it makes sense too having your wardrobe only being available in your aprtment.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (350 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

That won't fix it, people would go to their personal space, and put the merged outfit on, then just go to a public space and freeze everybody. One thing that would fix it is if they made every single map in home, remove merges upon entry. Sony might not know how to do that intentionally, but it's quite easy. Maps that place clothes on your avatar such as OrbRunner (used to place goggles) and Granzella beach on first visit (places shorts + vest on avatar) these maps kill merges, if you have a merge on and visited these maps, when you went somewhere else the merge would be gone and you'd have to reload it. But because the merge that people are using to freeze home with requires a reinstall/cache clear, they would not be able to reload it.

Even the bath towell from granzella kills merges when you go to another map.

Seriously if you want to patch the freeze glitch once and for all then just have every map in Home give our avatars an item that we didn't choose ourselves in wardrobe, that's all it takes to kill merges. It can be some crappy item like an earing, and it would still delete the merge when the user changes map.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (346 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Or another much easier way to patch merging once and for all...

Delete this item: http://scee-home.playstation.net/c.home/prod/live/Objects/8F14FDC3-2ECD47CA-83C90111-AE265CDC/small_...

and this item: http://scee-home.playstation.net/c.home/prod/live/Objects/238EF4DC-32DF4A73-A9A2893F-607A8B80/small_...

then reupload them so they have a different item code (they're free from loot store anyway)

then when these freezers try to load their merged android files, it will not load the android because the code for android will have changed. patch done! Why you don't just do this i've no idea..

the merge loads in android, the user is then changing outfit to the one that freezes. if you change the code or get rid of android then they cannot EVER load their merged file, and there will be no freezing ever again.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (340 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

:smileymad: This is a losing batte... I mean these people are so obvious when you see them they go into their wardrobe turn to that loading ghost form come out of it running around still a ghost and the place freezes.. You come back and the same person does it again i mean i can see whos doing it i have a list of names but i cant report them because there is no proof. All the mods have to go by is the chat log and a screenshot... thats what needs to change if anything.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (335 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

@Shen they should really employ you to help with things like this. 

Revamped signature

Life is like a rollercoaster ... you've just got to choose the right one :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (285 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Fritches wrote:

@Shen they should really employ you to help with things like this. 

Agreed :Thumbs:

legendary vicki signature
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (279 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Alternatively,he could just stop causing half these problems in the 1st place :Stupid:

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (233 Views)
0 Kudos