Wait-Jester-Sec

99%
07 Rank
Progress

Lockwood Dragons Game. Your thoughts

150 Replies 1,141 Views Created 30-05-2012
30 May 2012
By Wait-Jester-Sec

OK i went to have a game at the Lockwood showcase think it looks awesome :) got a sand castle reward pretty easy. the game isnt to hard at all just a little time consuming

for those that want to know the rewards are or as close as i can figure out

• Sand Castle - Get 1000 eggs or 10,000 (not sure)
  • Pin Wheel - Get 500 blue eggs
  • Statue 1 - Get 5000 green eggs
  • Some sort of swarm?? - Get 10,000 Purple eggs
  • Statue 2 - get a community score of (Beace yourselves) 999,999,999,999 (that isnt a typo)
  • Flaming sword - find one what looks to be rare or special egg.

If you have the rouge costumes 1 egg = 2 but thats about the only perk i have noticed

Now i knew Lockwood wouldnt make it easy i mean they want repeat traffic i understand that but wow some of these scores border on the sadistic :O

What are your thoughts on the space and the game?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
 photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

williamhughes

77%
05 Rank
Progress
williamhughes
Accepted Solution
I HATE THIS GAME!
0 Kudos

Re: Lockwood Dragons Game. Your thoughts

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
BannerFans.com
Follow @Daddyhughes111
<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+'://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js';fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document, 'script', 'twitter-wjs');</script>

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RPG-Wolf

92%
05 Rank
Progress
RPG-Wolf
Accepted Solution

Best method to fall asleep in front of your TV is playing this egg hunting game. 

BTW. Lockwood should use some maths before setting the community reward to 999,999,999,999 smashed dragon eggs. 

At the moment the counter for smashed eggs is around 6,000,000. Lets assume they reach 9 million every day (which I doubt judged by the boredom of the game), we need approx. 111,111 days to reach them. 

Devided by 365 days a year (not counting the maintenance downtimes!!) this would mean around 305 years. I honestly doubt that our grand-grand-grand kids are interested in finally finding out, what the dragon egg smash community reward will be!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RPG-Wolf

92%
05 Rank
Progress
RPG-Wolf
Accepted Solution
We all better buy the rogue costumes, then we only need about 150 years of egg smashing to fullfill Lockwood's task
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wait-Jester-Sec

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Wait-Jester-Sec
Accepted Solution

GlassReaver wrote:

Wait-Jester-Sec wrote:

OK i went to have a game at the Lockwood showcase think it looks awesome :) got a sand castle reward pretty easy. the game isnt to hard at all just a little time consuming

for those that want to know the rewards are or as close as i can figure out

• Sand Castle - Get 1000 eggs or 10,000 (not sure)
  • Pin Wheel - Get 500 blue eggs
  • Statue 1 - Get 5000 green eggs
  • Some sort of swarm?? - Get 10,000 Purple eggs
  • Statue 2 - get a community score of (Beace yourselves) 999,999,999,999 (that isnt a typo)
  • Flaming sword - find one what looks to be rare or special egg.

If you have the rouge costumes 1 egg = 2 but thats about the only perk i have noticed

Now i knew Lockwood wouldnt make it easy i mean they want repeat traffic i understand that but wow some of these scores border on the sadistic :O

What are your thoughts on the space and the game?

I don't like it, and the rewards surely don't justify the work involved, for 2 lousy statues (both look like the 2 dragon creature pets) a pin wheel and some kind of swarm?? Can purchase a flaming sword at Alter Ego, so that's sorted. Would've been better to have the old system of one item per day, if they're not offering the egg and armour display cases, and the stocks, then I'm not interested in this masochistic game. The Baron's Eggcellent Plan was hellish enough.

I agree with you Reaver I was hoping we would at least get the Flaming Pylons or pillars i guess you could call them, The armour case (really liked the look of it) and the stocks. They are items. I dont know why they dont have them either in the gift machine, as rewards or paid for items :( Makes no sense to me.

And the sheer amount needed for the rewards has put many people off even playing the game a second time. I had a run about the space earlier and there were a few people asking what they were thinking when they made the scores so high. This was from people that didnt buy the suit and some that have. The look of the space is nice, I like the medievil vibe to it kinda reminds me of dragon age. The minitour is a little in the way when the eggs spawn between its feet tho. I like the space, but like others i have other things to do then run around 24/7 collecting eggs, and a few of the items in the space i would really love to own as i could do a nice themed space around them.

So if your listening Lockwood can we have those items please? (Doubt it but hey worth a shot)

Thank you all for your replies to :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

sam_reynolds01

• Award Winner
95%
08 Rank
Progress
sam_reynolds01
Accepted Solution
It's certainly going to be a grind.

Btw, "•Some sort of swarm??" this is an animated blossom reward
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

loonytoon1982

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
loonytoon1982
Accepted Solution

Are the items in question not already furniture items though? I guess they were just delayed from launching in this weeks update but I'm 100% certain that they will be purchasable items.

As for obtaining the items, I think realistically it would take around 30+ hours to obtain everything if you have the patience for it.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
---------------------------

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Retro_1973

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

Maybe the different coloured eggs spawn more frequently on different days...?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RPG-Wolf

92%
05 Rank
Progress
RPG-Wolf
Accepted Solution

@ loonytoon1982

"As for obtaining the items, I think realistically it would take around 30+ hours to obtain everything if you have the patience for it."

REALISTIC??

Since the reopening of Home after todays update all Homies together managed to stomp on 8.2 million eggs in more than12 hours. 

To get the community reward within 30+ hours, we have to smash about 9 million eggs every second!

BTW. you have to collect 50 pink and 25 green eggs per minute to gain the other rewards within 30+ hours. You're good if you kick 75 eggs per minute alone independent of their color.

Sorry to smash your illusion, but you can't cheat math.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

loonytoon1982

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
loonytoon1982
Accepted Solution

RPG-Wolf wrote:

@ loonytoon1982

"As for obtaining the items, I think realistically it would take around 30+ hours to obtain everything if you have the patience for it."

REALISTIC??

Since the reopening of Home after todays update all Homies together managed to stomp on 8.2 million eggs in more than12 hours. 

To get the community reward within 30+ hours, we have to smash about 9 million eggs every second!

BTW. you have to collect 50 pink and 25 green eggs per minute to gain the other rewards within 30+ hours. You're good if you kick 75 eggs per minute alone independent of their color.

Based on what I collected:

8000+ eggs per hour

300+ of each colour in that timeframe

300+ multiplied by 10 hours = 3000+ of each colour

Multiplied by 3 to 30 hours = 9000+ purple

Therefore in that timeframe you will have realistically obtained blue, green and almost all purple eggs.  Then the mystery egg, if that doesn't pop up in 30 hours of attempting it, then I dunno what the requirement for that would be.

As for the community reward there's little you can do about that due to it being counted on red eggs smashed rather than overall totals. You don't have to spend time trying to obtain it and can simply check in on it's progress if you so choose to do so.

So realistically, 30-35 hours seems about right to me.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

OoO-avatar-OoO

83%
05 Rank
Progress
OoO-avatar-OoO
Accepted Solution

loonytoon1982 wrote:

RPG-Wolf wrote:

@ loonytoon1982

REALISTIC??

Based on what I collected:

8000+ eggs per hour

300+ of each colour in that timeframe

300+ multiplied by 10 hours = 3000+ of each colour

Multiplied by 3 to 30 hours = 9000+ purple

Therefore in that timeframe you will have realistically obtained blue, green and almost all purple eggs.  Then the mystery egg, if that doesn't pop up in 30 hours of attempting it, then I dunno what the requirement for that would be.

As for the community reward there's little you can do about that due to it being counted on red eggs smashed rather than overall totals. You don't have to spend time trying to obtain it and can simply check in on it's progress if you so choose to do so.

So realistically, 30-35 hours seems about right to me.

My hat goes off to whomever can run around this enclosed little area stomping like a lunatic for 30-35 hours for a mediocre prize at best.  I know platinum trophies that can be won in less time with far greater enjoyment value.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Retro_1973

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

I don't think it will take anything like that amount of time. I collected 500 blue eggs in less than 10 minutes today without the help of the special outfit so I'm sure you can do 5000 green ones in an hour / hour and a half easy on the correct day.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

loonytoon1982

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
loonytoon1982
Accepted Solution
Hopefully that wasn't glitch today and the next batch of eggs will be up tomorrow for collection. My figures were based on collection yesterday so if it works out, it's a lot easier than originally thought. Not that it makes it any less boring to do though.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Orla-Ireland

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Orla-Ireland
Accepted Solution

I'd like to know who in FarmWood came up with the concept that kicking eggs in a space that has about 4fps can be anywhere close to entertaining, I mean what was the point o. 0 Mini games.. they're suppose to be fun, not something you'd likely do on an MMO, only on an MMO it's normally worth farming <,<

If they want us to waste 30+ hours of are life's doing this they could have at least put some time and some effort in the rewards... Nothing really seems worth all the truble.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KrazyFace

98%
08 Rank
Progress
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
The 999,999,999 prize is worth the trouble though Orla, just show up when it's done!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Orla-Ireland

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Orla-Ireland
Accepted Solution

=D...Good idea =D

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

pinkflutterby

80%
02 Rank
Progress
pinkflutterby
Accepted Solution

Managed to get the pin wheel, but on my second timed session I got frozen out about half way into the time and my ps3 locked up( went through the usual disc check), so I didn't go back in as that was my second freeze of the morning.

What I am wondering is, will what you collect in a timed session get added if you leave the game before the time is up?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

matthawes

96%
03 Rank
Progress
matthawes
Accepted Solution

pinkflutterby wrote:

Managed to get the pin wheel, but on my second timed session I got frozen out about half way into the time and my ps3 locked up( went through the usual disc check), so I didn't go back in as that was my second freeze of the morning.

What I am wondering is, will what you collect in a timed session get added if you leave the game before the time is up?

It doesn't get save but when you go and start the game again the timer carries on from where you left off.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

statik2010

88%
04 Rank
Progress
statik2010
Accepted Solution

KrazyFace wrote:
The 999,999,999 prize is worth the trouble though Orla, just show up when it's done!

You missed a 999...:smileywink:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BeccaJade

64%
02 Rank
Progress
BeccaJade
Accepted Solution
From what I can tell it appears that the common egg colour changes daily, as it was green before and now it's blue. If this is the case, as long as you get the day you need collecting the other egg colours shouldn't be too difficult, I'd think the community one should go pretty fast. It's a shame the rewards aren't that great looking.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

U_n_y_o_n

99%
07 Rank
Progress
U_n_y_o_n
Accepted Solution

BeccaJade wrote:
From what I can tell it appears that the common egg colour changes daily, as it was green before and now it's blue. If this is the case, as long as you get the day you need collecting the other egg colours shouldn't be too difficult, I'd think the community one should go pretty fast. It's a shame the rewards aren't that great looking.

Blue eggs for me too, so thankfully the requirements aren't quite so eggstreme.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wait-Jester-Sec

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Wait-Jester-Sec
Accepted Solution

Many thanks :) seems different days spawn different eggs O_O good to know. And sorry about the 'swarm thing' I was going off the silhouette so it kind of looked like the infamous bats to me. I shall update the days and the egg colours

Day 1 - Yellow eggs

Day 2 - Blue eggs

If it follows the pattern of the rewards list then Day 3 might be Green eggs Day 4 might be Purple eggs Day 5 might be Red eggs so the last rare one might be a 'Get all previous rewards' A random spawn or a certain day to get it. Anyone have any ideas about that Dark purple egg?

I will keep this thread updated with the info for you all (tho with the time diffrence you all may know before me lol)

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel