99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Lockwood Dragons Game. Your thoughts

150 Replies 1,050 Views Created 30-05-2012

OK i went to have a game at the Lockwood showcase think it looks awesome :) got a sand castle reward pretty easy. the game isnt to hard at all just a little time consuming

for those that want to know the rewards are or as close as i can figure out

• Sand Castle - Get 1000 eggs or 10,000 (not sure)
  • Pin Wheel - Get 500 blue eggs
  • Statue 1 - Get 5000 green eggs
  • Some sort of swarm?? - Get 10,000 Purple eggs
  • Statue 2 - get a community score of (Beace yourselves) 999,999,999,999 (that isnt a typo)
  • Flaming sword - find one what looks to be rare or special egg.

If you have the rouge costumes 1 egg = 2 but thats about the only perk i have noticed

Now i knew Lockwood wouldnt make it easy i mean they want repeat traffic i understand that but wow some of these scores border on the sadistic :O

What are your thoughts on the space and the game?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
 photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Ankovmovtov

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ankovmovtov
Accepted Solution

I am moderately amused by this game, but perhaps that might be because I am a very patient type and because I was bored today. 

I got the yellow eggs reward fairly quickly today, and after 1,5 hour play without the multiplier outfit I also reached the 5.000 green eggs mark. All in all I gather around 1050-1100 eggs each 15 minutes. I am willing to waste 3 hours of my life on the purple eggs reward either tomorrow or the day after, and I figure I will have the blue eggs reward before the main egg becomes blue again. I still wonder how the hell we're going to get the insane red eggs reward... 

If we were to count the days that the red egg is the main egg, I'll calculate how much time it will take before we reach the goal.

Based on Loony Toon's estimations let's just say 91% of all the eggs that spawn are the 'main eggs'. If an average person would collect about 1100 eggs (without multiplier) in 15 minutes, that would mean 1001 'main eggs'. Considering we have reached a stunning 10.000.000 red eggs per day up till now, that means that (if red eggs are 3% of the total spawn, so 33 eggs per person per 15 minutes) every day an estimation of 303.031 times 15 minutes are played. Assuming that figure stays stable, each day that the red egg is the main egg a total of 303.334.031 eggs are gathered. A full cycle is 4 days of no red main eggs (and 10.000.000 red eggs gathered daily so 40.000.000 in total) and one day of red main eggs (303.334.031 eggs gathered that day), would come to a total of 343.334.031 red eggs per 5 days, on the sole condition that the number of people playing it stays stable.

999.999.999.999 : 343.334.031 = 2913 times the cycle of 5 days before we reach the goal. So bluntly put, that would mean 39 years and 330 days of playing before we reach that reward, if the game will be visited as frequently as it is now (which is unlikely). Other people came with other outcomes, but they didn't take into consideration that there is very likely a day that the red egg is the main egg. Even if everyone decided to buy themselves the suit with the multiplier, that would still mean 19 years and 250 days of playing (999.999.999.999 : 686.668.062 = 1457 times the cycle of 5 days).

Sorry Lockwood. It seems you have overestimated the number of users here. Even increasing the spawn chance wouldn't make the reward worthwile, so I strongly advice you to lower the goal by at least three numbers.

:smileysad: Ps. Yes, I was bored.

0 Kudos

Re: Lockwood Dragons Game. Your thoughts

[ Edited ]
/16

matthawes

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
matthawes
Accepted Solution

Here's a pic of the cockatrice statue next to my blue dragon statue.

0 Kudos

/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

Ive never had it freeze on me before while collecting eggs but its done it twice in like 5mins so ill try later.

0 Kudos

/16

matthawes

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
matthawes
Accepted Solution

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

Ive never had it freeze on me before while collecting eggs but its done it twice in like 5mins so ill try later.

Well considering that I was playing the egg games earlier today and the whole space crashed freezing my console meaning I had to pull the plug out to reset the system.

0 Kudos

/16

Ankovmovtov

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ankovmovtov
Accepted Solution

I had the game freeze twice on me now, I'm fed up :(.

0 Kudos

/16

Seibitsu

99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seibitsu
Accepted Solution
Not woth that hour I had to waste there. I just want to get them because I collect freebies.
0 Kudos

/16

Wait-Jester-Sec

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wait-Jester-Sec
Accepted Solution

Not looking foward to the 10,000 i gotta get for the blossom reward. Want it for a costume i am thinking of gonna be a grind and a half. Will post a pic of the reward when or if i get it.

0 Kudos

/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

At least it still saves what you collected so not if but WHEN it does freeze it weren't all for nothing, just imagine when the freeze kicks in and you lost 9,999 eggs going for the 10,000 reward now that would be a stress

0 Kudos

/16

Wait-Jester-Sec

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wait-Jester-Sec
Accepted Solution

Took me 2 hrs but i got the reward, It is a head item like headphones not hand items like the others :)

0 Kudos

/16

FooFan73

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

Furys-embrace wrote:

Cheers retro, you just saved me running around for about an hour and a half in LAGwood

Upon closer inspection it seems they did give us warning and changed their name appropriately :p

Lagwood.gif

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Photobucket
/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

Ok i think this dragon game is breaking, i have been froze twice and after rebooting and coming back the eggs i had collected have vanished which weren't happening when i was getting froze yesterday also my completed green eggs challenge from yesterday is now not completed with the prize greyyed out???

0 Kudos

/16

KrazyFace

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
Same thing happened to me with the sand castle Seribal. But I THINK there might be two sand castles, I'm not sure why I have that idea in my head, I just do! As for running around in circles for the 10,000 swarm thing, no thanks. I'd rather sit and read interesting discussions than twist my freakin' melon maaaaan! lol
0 Kudos

/16

Seibitsu

99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seibitsu
Accepted Solution
Mine got frozen twice. Had like 3500 eggs and suddenly it frozen. After that entered again, collected near 3000 eggs and left it alone 2 minutes to see a thing in the PC; frozen again.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

Nothings wrong with the game. I've had no freezing or lag at the space and I managed to get 10,000 purple eggs without any trouble.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

OoO-avatar-OoO

83%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
OoO-avatar-OoO
Accepted Solution

GoodBytes wrote:

Nothings wrong with the game. I've had no freezing or lag at the space and I managed to get 10,000 purple eggs without any trouble.

Good for you Mr. Lucky Bytes...   I've been frozen twice today and have lost about 1000 pink eggs.  Not sure if its the game or freezers, but if this keeps up, I'm going to throw in the towel.

0 Kudos

/16

Guedes747

93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Guedes747
Accepted Solution
Its a total waste of time in my opinion...
0 Kudos

/16

pinkflutterby

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pinkflutterby
Accepted Solution

GoodBytes wrote:

You were in at the same time as me GoodBytes...and I got frozen. When I got back in you were still running round happily, IF you can call doing this happy?

I got just over 5,000 eggs. (I will be dreaming of running round after eggs :smileyfrustrated:)

0 Kudos

/16

Seibitsu

99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seibitsu
Accepted Solution
I only need 5000 more eggs, wish me luck in my journey because everytime it lags a little something tells me that can froze in any moment!
0 Kudos

/16

Legendary_Vicki

93%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Legendary_Vicki
Accepted Solution

I don't think there is anything wrong with the game itself, in my opinion it's the space that is buggy. Over the past 2 days i have noticed some really bad bugs actually, for example this afternoon i joined a friend who was in the space and he wasn't there. So i went to my harbour in the hope that leaving and joining back would fix it but it never. I ended up with a D8 error and lost 2000 eggs.

Another thing i noticed is that for me it makes my wardobe crash everytime. I actually find myself having to get changed into the x2 outfit before i go there. The items within the space itself are buggy also. Yesterday i couldn't highlight the gothic chairs and had to leave and come back and when i finally was able to sit in one, someone else was able to sit in the same seat as me.

The space is laggier than it has ever been, it freezes regularly and i can honestly say i haven't enjoyed it one bit, i'm just doing it for the rewards. 

0 Kudos

FFXIV Server - Gilgamesh.

/16

NemesisT2000

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NemesisT2000
Accepted Solution

This freezing is really starting to annoy me same has the lagg in the area i keep getting about over 1.5k of eggs and i keep losing them due to it freezing before it can save them :Argh: o also not forgetting all the errors i keep having kicking me off home stopping me collecting the eggs :Argh:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

Retro_1973

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973