05 Sep 2012
Playstation Staff

Lockwood Publishing: Uproar - Third Person Shooter Game coming soon to PlayStation Home

[ Edited ]
8 Replies 528 Views edited 05-09-2012

Just after bringing you Mercia: Fractured Realms, Lockwood have another surprise up their sleeves! Later this year the new, free-to-play, fast paced, action packed 3rd person shooter Uproar will be released in PlayStation Home!

PlayStation Home Update 9-4-2012PlayStation Home Update 9-4-2012PlayStation Home Update 9-4-2012PlayStation Home Update 9-4-2012

This proper shooter allows you to free roam various maps, playing as the renowned Swyfts or the notorious Outlaws. There are a wealth of customisation options to look forward to including clothing items, projectile and melee weapons and more! Interact with other Home users in a whole new way in an experience unlike anything seen on the platform before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6mmgtPksNk&feature=player_embedded

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (528 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Lockwood Publishing: Uproar - Third Person Shooter Game coming soon to PlayStation Home

[ Edited ]

Imagining the looks on the faces of the idiots who spent ACTUAL money on No Man's Land.

Anyway... Lockwood's Mercia is also Free2Play and they have done quite a good job with the paid content, its quite balanced when compared to the weapons you can acquire with in game credits, even though Mercia is not PvP. Probably they will do a good job with this game as well, what worries me though, is that this game, unlike NML, allows free movement therefore I sence that the gameplay will feel a bit weird on the Havok engine... lets hope Lockwood can make the gameplay run as smooth as possible.

PS: This game reminds me a bit of APB, lets hope it doesn't turn out as bad as APB.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (510 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: Lockwood Publishing: Uproar - Third Person Shooter Game coming soon to PlayStation Home

Interesting... :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (479 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

That's all you can say Retro!? Fair enough, but to me I'm kinda happy about this, as long as it's not another Bootleggers and as Guedes says, let's hope the Havok Engine can do it some justice. Free to play as well, heh, there's gonna be a lot of disgruntled NML spenders out there.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (458 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

LOCKWOOD ARE NOW MY FAVOURITE DEVELOPER ON HOME! I LOVE MERCIA AND THIS GAME LOOK AWESOME!!! :smileyvery-happy:
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
BannerFans.com
Follow @Daddyhughes111
<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+'://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js';fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document, 'script', 'twitter-wjs');</script>

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (455 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Wow sounds awsome :smileyvery-happy: yeah, hope too that the gameplay can run smooth. Lockwood has always been my favourite developer. :smileyhappy: i'm looking forward for this shooter game.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (418 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Just goes to show less is sometimes more. This is less bloated than the other FPS game in Home and looks a lot more entertaining.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (396 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think I pass, Mercia is nothing but a flop and I don't have any trust in Lockwood making something good then houses anymore.

Jesus died for somebodys sins, but not mine
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (323 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Uproar - Grilla Gunz - acquired by Troika

http://www.lockwoodpublishing.com/2012/09/uproar-grilla-gunz/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAMlVyhynbs&feature=player_embedded

In a world turned to ruin, only those cunning enough to find their own place will survive. This can be said of two young entrepreneurs from Sao Paulo, Brazil. At the age of 14, two boys started their own pistol production business in a shed, to profit from the brutal gang warfare happening on the streets every day. ‘Real’ weapons were becoming very hard to come by, but the boys managed to create deadly alternatives from scrap metal and salvaged materials. Soon they had built up a real business and struggled to meet demand. They began hiring others to help, and expanded into creating machine pistols and rifles. Before long they had become the largest distributor of small arms in South America.

Like all gun manufacturers, Grilla Gunz has since been acquired by Troika. Today, Grilla Gunz offers very unique weaponry that retains its street feel; while they may not be the most reliable weapons, due to Troikacutting corners on production costs wherever possible, they pack a real punch and sure do look the part. The highlight of their range is the “Binoculator” – a long range assault rifle with binoculars for a scope.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (251 Views)
0 Kudos