Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 50

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

13 Sep 2012
By Retro_1973

Retro_1973

  • Offline
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

[ Edited ]
41 Replies 538 Views edited 13-09-2012

Yep, they just confirmed it on Twitter that the cool Mercia portal that BETA testers got is going to be free for everyone in the Lockwood Store next week (September 19th) - Happy days!

 

85f0deb023150aa6989cc0093858da60.png

 

The Bacon Companion should also be free in the gift machine at the same time.

 

Thanks, Lockwood - you rock! :Thumbs:

0 Kudos
LABELS:

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Award Winner
08
/16

sam_reynolds01

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sam_reynolds01
Accepted Solution
Fanstatic news :D
0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

08
/16

fly123

  • Offline
92%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fly123
Accepted Solution
Cool :D Great news :D
0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

09
/16

Retro_1973

  • Offline
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

Nice to see that the Mercia BETA testers in EU are not going crazy with rage that lowly non-beta testers will also now be able now to get this 'exclusive' item. Some of the people on the NA forums are not so happy about it though. lol :D

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!


05
/16

RPG-Wolf

  • Offline
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RPG-Wolf
Accepted Solution

Mercia portal is a nice item and, to be honest, i felt a bit jealous, when I saw it in a friends flat lately. But as he is a beta tester I think it was ok imagining how much work it must have been to help implementing a great game into Home.

 

Now I feel a bit sorry for him, cause just some weeks later the former exclusive item is available for everone for free.

 

I hope that Lockwood may find a better way of donating their beta testers!

But I can't understand the "uproar" in the US forum, too.

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

04
/16

Y2David

  • Offline
83%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Y2David
Accepted Solution

is really nice everyone will have a chance to get this :).. its a really nice item and looks real good in some spaces

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

 photo eu siggy_zpsxbz0i3du.png
09
/16

Retro_1973

  • Offline
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

Wow, over reaction much: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Lockwood-please-don-t-give-out-the-portals/t...

 

I'm sorry but everyone who is crying and moaning in the above thread that they should not release the portal because they want to remain 'special' as they were beta testers and are better than the rest of us is, quite frankly, pathetic - get a grip for God's sake!

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!


05
/16

weywlf

  • Offline
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
weywlf
Accepted Solution

Retro_1973 ha scritto:

Wow, over reaction much: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Lockwood-please-don-t-give-out-the-portals/t...

 

I'm sorry but everyone who is crying and moaning in the above thread that they should not release the portal because they want to remain 'special' as they were beta testers and are better than the rest of us is, quite frankly, pathetic - get a grip for God's sake!


Couldn't agree with you more.

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

Award Winner
08
/16

sam_reynolds01

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sam_reynolds01
Accepted Solution
I would of thought beta testing Mercia was it's own reward.
0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

07
/16

Wait-Jester-Sec

  • Offline
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wait-Jester-Sec
Accepted Solution

sam_reynolds01 wrote:
I would of thought beta testing Mercia was it's own reward.


They didn't seem to test it well tho. It still released with a lot of bugs. Don't know why they are getting ancy for, they aren't anything special no matter how superior they think themselves. They need to take a few steps back, look at themselves and grow up its only a portal its not like it will end the world

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

 photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
02
/16

PipenAinEU

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PipenAinEU
Accepted Solution

Lol, seems to me that a few of you are ironically over reacting over others negative reactions. Its an exageration to say that people are "crying and moaning" or that they even want to "remain special and feel better than the rest".

 

This is a question about fairness, and implied compensation and apreciation for participating by recieving an exclusive item to PROVE their previous activity in Home. It has nothing to do with superiority, its about having something to indicate what a person was uniquely involved in. 

 

This reminds me of Loots recent fail decision to make available to everyone the Bunny Slippers/Loot shirts promissed to TWITTER followers. Basically a BAIT N SWITCH scenario to lure participation meanwhile having no intention of actually compensating with exclusive gear.

 

Just like with that Loot scenario, Lockwood should have simply never promissed the gear to beta testers if their eventual plan was to give to all. If they wanted everyone to have it, they should have made the beta available to everyone, which would actually have given them more data to work with to determine glitches and more suggestions.

 

I can understand the assumption that complainers must be disapointed due to feeling less superior, but I dont believe this to be the case. The situation is more about certain people doing extra things, then not geting promissed compensation for doing those extra things.

 

For example the recent PLUS membership bonuses. Several could potentially be buying PLUS for that reason, but then later Sony could decide to be "nice" by making those same bonuses available to all regardless of participation. Its human nature to at least be disapointed if you happen to be one of the people that did extra things for the exact same content made available to people that did less.

 

Remember, not all things in life are meant to be equal opportunity. Should everyone in a race get the gold trophy? Should bums be driving Audi cars?. These last examples dont directly match this situation but the fact remains that not all things in life are designed for all people. I dont agree with the assumption that all things should be for everyone, because not all people are mirror images.

 

So whats so inherently bad and immature about wanting an indicator to prove certain activities? Theres no logical or mature reason I can think of to hate on the disapointed. Those with a lack of empathy need to put themselves in the shoes of someone that did something extra, forced to tolerate a decision to give implied or directly promissed benefits to people that did nothing to earn it.

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

[ Edited ]
08
/16

xElfenLied

  • Offline
90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied
Accepted Solution

PipenAinEU wrote:

Lol, seems to me that a few of you are ironically over reacting over others negative reactions. Its an exageration to say that people are "crying and moaning" or that they even want to "remain special and feel better than the rest".

 

This is a question about fairness, and implied compensation and apreciation for participating by recieving an exclusive item to PROVE their previous activity in Home. It has nothing to do with superiority, its about having something to indicate what a person was uniquely involved in. 

 

This reminds me of Loots recent fail decision to make available to everyone the Bunny Slippers/Loot shirts promissed to TWITTER followers. Basically a BAIT N SWITCH scenario to lure participation meanwhile having no intention of actually compensating with exclusive gear.

 

Just like with that Loot scenario, Lockwood should have simply never promissed the gear to beta testers if their eventual plan was to give to all. If they wanted everyone to have it, they should have made the beta available to everyone, which would actually have given them more data to work with to determine glitches and more suggestions.

 

I can understand the assumption that complainers must be disapointed due to feeling less superior, but I dont believe this to be the case. The situation is more about certain people doing extra things, then not geting promissed compensation for doing those extra things.

 

For example the recent PLUS membership bonuses. Several could potentially be buying PLUS for that reason, but then later Sony could decide to be "nice" by making those same bonuses available to all regardless of participation. Its human nature to at least be disapointed if you happen to be one of the people that did extra things for the exact same content made available to people that did less.

 

Remember, not all things in life are meant to be equal opportunity. Should everyone in a race get the gold trophy? Should bums be driving Audi cars?. These last examples dont directly match this situation but the fact remains that not all things in life are designed for all people. I dont agree with the assumption that all things should be for everyone, because not all people are mirror images.

 

So whats so inherently bad and immature about wanting an indicator to prove certain activities? Theres no logical or mature reason I can think of to hate on the disapointed. Those with a lack of empathy need to put themselves in the shoes of someone that did something extra, forced to tolerate a decision to give implied or directly promissed benefits to people that did nothing to earn it.


This whole thing is so ironic coming from you :Lol:

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

09
/16

Retro_1973

  • Offline
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

xElfenLied wrote:

PipenAinEU wrote:

Lol, seems to me that a few of you are ironically over reacting over others negative reactions. Its an exageration to say that people are "crying and moaning" or that they even want to "remain special and feel better than the rest".

 

This is a question about fairness, and implied compensation and apreciation for participating by recieving an exclusive item to PROVE their previous activity in Home. It has nothing to do with superiority, its about having something to indicate what a person was uniquely involved in. 

 

This reminds me of Loots recent fail decision to make available to everyone the Bunny Slippers/Loot shirts promissed to TWITTER followers. Basically a BAIT N SWITCH scenario to lure participation meanwhile having no intention of actually compensating with exclusive gear.

 

Just like with that Loot scenario, Lockwood should have simply never promissed the gear to beta testers if their eventual plan was to give to all. If they wanted everyone to have it, they should have made the beta available to everyone, which would actually have given them more data to work with to determine glitches and more suggestions.

 

I can understand the assumption that complainers must be disapointed due to feeling less superior, but I dont believe this to be the case. The situation is more about certain people doing extra things, then not geting promissed compensation for doing those extra things.

 

For example the recent PLUS membership bonuses. Several could potentially be buying PLUS for that reason, but then later Sony could decide to be "nice" by making those same bonuses available to all regardless of participation. Its human nature to at least be disapointed if you happen to be one of the people that did extra things for the exact same content made available to people that did less.

 

Remember, not all things in life are meant to be equal opportunity. Should everyone in a race get the gold trophy? Should bums be driving Audi cars?. These last examples dont directly match this situation but the fact remains that not all things in life are designed for all people. I dont agree with the assumption that all things should be for everyone, because not all people are mirror images.

 

So whats so inherently bad and immature about wanting an indicator to prove certain activities? Theres no logical or mature reason I can think of to hate on the disapointed. Those with a lack of empathy need to put themselves in the shoes of someone that did something extra, forced to tolerate a decision to give implied or directly promissed benefits to people that did nothing to earn it.


This whole thing is so ironic coming from you :Lol:



Couldn't agree more with that Elfen, and also - two words, Pipen: Timed Exclusive.

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!


07
/16

Wait-Jester-Sec

  • Offline
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wait-Jester-Sec
Accepted Solution

I was a beta tester for sodium 2 and i got the portal..and guess what i have never used it it is down in sotrage somewhere. Now if lockwood released it for free to everyone else i would be happy that those that want it can get it. but i put it straight in storage.

 

Now if i could i'd give it away cause i never use it. But would i complain if it was made avaliable to the public not in the slightest. It is only a virtual item after all and the joy of playing the game was enough for me even if i had to report any bugs and glitches i came across, it was still fun to play and replay when it became public. Do i feel special cause i played it before the public? Not really. Have never felt special was just a game

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

[ Edited ]
 photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
04
/16

statik2010

  • Offline
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
statik2010
Accepted Solution

Retro_1973 wrote:

Wow, over reaction much: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Lockwood-please-don-t-give-out-the-portals/t...

 

I'm sorry but everyone who is crying and moaning in the above thread that they should not release the portal because they want to remain 'special' as they were beta testers and are better than the rest of us is, quite frankly, pathetic - get a grip for God's sake!


 

I had a quick read through of a few of the replies and this is the only person I could find with the smallest bit of sence:

 

Spoiler

Is that all yall are going to do is cry and maon about the most trivial stuff? Not like having beta testers helped out any way. Half the time I cant play the game because the enemies arent spawning or it wont let me into a room I need to go in. Allot of help the beta testers were. I wasnt invited to a beta even though I have been apart of the home community a fair amout of time and have spend a decent amount of money on it. Do you hear me complaining about that? No...

 

Those who were a part of the beta should feel lucky they even got to get anythign before any one else period regardless of what they decide to release later on. And did it occur to anyone that they maybe they were going to release the portal later on so more people would play the game and could make more money? Hmmm.... guess not. Any ways just stop complaining. Seriously...

 

I couldn't have said it any better.

 

On a side note, PipenAinEU, is it actually possible for you to post in less than 300 words!? I'm not attempting to insult you, I'm simply saying that many will be put off of reading (No matter how useful) if they suddenly think "Am I reading a comment or an essay?".

 

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

02
/16

PipenAinEU

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PipenAinEU
Accepted Solution

Ignoring the hater nonsense, but Retro has a valid point about it being a "timed exclusive" In other words, the portal was temporarily exclusive as well as access to the rewards with "early access".

 

While there is a seed of logic to that argument, it doesnt negate the fact that the portal now doesnt indicate a unique participation in something. Its like a pre-order outfit later being sold, its naturally anoying to those that bought in order to prove that they had that "early access".

 

As some have said, its just virtual gear, so why feel so justified in needing to have it too? Lockwood could have easily made a slight texture change if their goal was to simply give people a teleporter access. Like the red/blue Gift machines. How hard would it have been to make it only slightly different, or to even make it the same but slightly change the name of it?

 

And to Elfen that says my whole post is ironic coming from me, implying that i actually am motivated out of a superiority complex rather than defending the lack of fairness of "compensation without equal participation", thats also a valid point. But my own personal obsessions are unrelated to the fact that the decision to give charity is insulting to those that actually earned it instead and disapointing to those that want an indicator to prove previous activities.

 

For example, the original Xi ornament trophies earned prior to the opening of Xi Museum years ago. If those were suddenly given to all, then any noob can claim to be from that time period. We need more things that date our participation in home, not more things introduced that contradict that proof of temporary or exclusive availability.

 

And Statik2010, while its possible for me to type in less than 300 words, its something I wouldnt bet on. If you track my history here and in American forums "PipenAin", youll see that I always express myself precisely and logically in this manner.

 

And even within home, im known for my text storms via my 125 words per minute typing speed. Not my fault some are allergic to words while ironically loging into a chatroom, and i dont see the need to lower myself to the lowest possible reading comprehension level just to increase the chances of some rtard reading my responses due to phobia of "essays".

 

 My responses were not directed to anyone specific prior to this post (except for maybe Lockwood developers to understand that not 100% are satisfied with these types of decisions), and mainly meant to express my opinion as everyone else here is allowed to express their opinion as long as it doesnt violate terms of service harassment policies.

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

[ Edited ]
08
/16

xElfenLied

  • Offline
90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied
Accepted Solution

PipenAinEU wrote:

Ignoring the hater nonsense

 

And to Elfen that says my whole post is ironic coming from me, implying that i actually am motivated out of a superiority complex rather than defending the lack of fairness of "compensation without equal participation", thats also a valid point. But my own personal obsessions are unrelated to the fact that the decision to give charity is insulting to those that actually earned it instead and disapointing to those that want an indicator to prove previous activities.

 

And even within home, im known for my text storms via my 125 words per minute typing speed. Not my fault some are allergic to words while ironically loging into a chatroom, and i dont see the need to lower myself to the lowest possible reading comprehension level just to increase the chances of some rtard reading my responses due to phobia of "essays".


You just proved my point.

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

02
/16

PipenAinEU

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PipenAinEU
Accepted Solution

Your point is that youre allergic to words while ironically choosing to log into a chatroom?

 

Not understanding why you highlighted that part of the text, maybe you meant to highlight my admission that im obssesed, but I guess youre ironically proving MY POINT instead.. (lack of reading comprehension)

 

Is it the quantity of text that creates the feeling of mental diminishment within you perhaps? I dont understand that point of view either. Its like saying "im happy with 100 dollars, but PLEASE dont give me a million dollars"  Youre in a chat room, words are typed and occasionally in quantity, get used to it kid.

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

08
/16

xElfenLied

  • Offline
90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied
Accepted Solution

tumblr_mab4p3G3Ic1r0kxf0.gif

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

02
/16

PipenAinEU

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PipenAinEU
Accepted Solution

Hmm.. nice gif of girl with open mouth xElfenLied, reminds me of someone that rhymes with "Shelf"

0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

[ Edited ]
08
/16

Legendary_Vicki

  • Offline
93%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Legendary_Vicki
Accepted Solution
Personally i'm not fussed about the reward. Not like i ever use it. I think everyone here has valid points though. Either way i couldn't care less wether it's given out to everyone or not. Not the kind of item i use, it went straight into storage.
0 Kudos

Re: MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week!

legendary vicki signature
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel