Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 118

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

15 Sep 2012
By Wait-Jester-Sec

Wait-Jester-Sec

  • Offline
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Mercia still broken

45 Replies 571 Views Created 15-09-2012

Ok despite the patch/fix we got. enemies still wont spawn. i have been waiting for nearly 20 min in a room i know has enemies and nothing.. So lockwood when can we really get this issue fixed?? cause the quests where we have to find an enemy are kinda hard to do when none spawn :\

 

Think this needed way more testing before you released it...

0 Kudos
LABELS:
 photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
06
/16

gnu247

  • Offline
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gnu247
Accepted Solution

this IS home dude.

 

why would you expect anything else other than "release bug riddled product, ask for money, maybe fix the bugs later" as a business model?

 

I feel for those guys (sorry 'kids') who clearly spent money on the game only to have it break shortly afterward

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

________________________________________

"They mostly come at night..............mostly"
05
/16

SYLAS80

  • Offline
91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SYLAS80
Accepted Solution

Lockwood tweeted that there is gonna be a new Mercia out on the 19th, all/most bugs fixed. Mind you, they did say that about the 12th. So lets wait & see I guess, give them the benefit of the doubt.  

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

___________________________________________________________
"Home is a playground for the Mods/In Crowd/Developers/Trolls, we are merely the people that fund it for them"
08
/16

KrazyFace

  • Offline
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
Hmm, will that mean we get stuck back to square one again then?
0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

07
/16

Furys-embrace

  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

I tried to play it for the first time since the E3 demo on thursday as ive seen some people running around in a spartan helmet I wouldnt mind having. I ended up in that blue void thing after exiting the loadout menu about 5 mins into the tutorial dungeon and had to leave the space (I couldnt be bothered to return either). Fractured Realms is an apt subtitle for this p.o.s, the 'game' is indeed fractured. I'll leave all you mugs to lumber around slashing at beetles......... if they spawn. Big pass from me.

 

Lockwood, you should stick to what youre good at; making pretty looking and expensive clothes, furniture and spaces. Your games suck, and always have.

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

06
/16

Guedes747

  • Offline
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Guedes747
Accepted Solution

Furys-embrace escreveu:
Lockwood, you should stick to what youre good at; making pretty looking and expensive clothes, furniture and spaces. Your games suck, and always have.


That's kind of harsh in my opinion, the spawn bug is quite annoying yes indeed there's no denying that, but Mercia is by far the one of the most, if not the most, enjoyable game on Home at the moment, you don't need to spend money to progress in the game, the game also plays quite smoothly on Home's engine.. The only down sides I see on it is the repetitive scenery and quests, and the spawn bugs.. but that's about it, I'd say they pretty much nailed it.

You can't expect large games like this, developed by 3rd party studios, to come on PlayStation Home and be bug-free. I do hope they improve it and fix the bugs in future though.

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

[ Edited ]
08
/16

KrazyFace

  • Offline
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
Gotta agree with Guedes here Fury, it's pretty normal for a game t be released full of bugs now. Look no further than that game you've been playing lately...
0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

07
/16

Furys-embrace

  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

Its not so much the glitches that bother me though, you expect that in an open beta, which is what home is, its the game its self that disgusts me. The combat is terrible, the puzzles, from what ive seen so far look basic and the quests seem to be generic. Go to point A collect X amount of item B blah blah blah. When Im playing dirge like this I just think "I could be playing a REAL game now and having a smoother, better experience" I will say one thing though, graphically its impressive and based on looks alone it could have been sold as a stand alone PS store game, but its lockwood, everything they do looks good. Graphics alone do not make a great game though.

 

Each to their own though I guess.

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

04
/16

Gary160974

  • Offline
81%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gary160974
Accepted Solution

And Mercia is still broken

 

the level 30 repeat  "Queens Court" quest is active but I can't complete due to inactive portals 

 

I just copied and pasted the segment from September and the issue is still there, confirmed by myself and several others. 

 

I seem to remember Granzella closed several of its public spaces in Japan due to issues so they could fix them, but it appears that Lockwood are happy to release and continue to leave faulty product for us to play, hoping we will move on to either next big thing or just forget about it. 

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

Keep Calm and Carry On
03
/16

al2009man

  • Offline
88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
al2009man
Accepted Solution

Furys-embrace wrote:

Lockwood, you should stick to what youre good at; making pretty looking and expensive clothes, furniture and spaces. Your games suck, and always have.



And what the reason why it Suck?

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

 photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
07
/16

Furys-embrace

  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

al2009man wrote:

Furys-embrace wrote:

Lockwood, you should stick to what youre good at; making pretty looking and expensive clothes, furniture and spaces. Your games suck, and always have.



And what the reason why it Suck?


 

Ok lets look at their previous offerings shall we. Salt shooter (and that other top down shooting thing they have in the mall): repetative, not very challenging and lacks depth. Sodium racer: poor mans wipEout wannabe, lack of live multiplayer, no weapons, not much scope to upgrade your racer unless you want to spend cash and even then the options are limited, the tracks are basic and samey. Mercia: awful controls, annoying music, simplistic combat, boring quests.

 

Im not even going to mention the jokes that are the the barons eggcellent adventure and that dragon thing they plopped out as they arent even games to me.

 

The only people who can make half decent games for home are Veemee, with the audi efforts they put out, Gekko was fun for 30 mins and the alpine run or whatever it is is a giggle with some mates over. Lockwood need to take note or just stop making games because everything they have done so far has been an abject lession in tedium and grinding, which to me at least does not qualify as fun.   

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

03
/16

myalana

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
myalana
Accepted Solution

Furys-embrace wrote:

al2009man wrote:

Furys-embrace wrote:

Lockwood, you should stick to what youre good at; making pretty looking and expensive clothes, furniture and spaces. Your games suck, and always have.



And what the reason why it Suck?


 

Ok lets look at their previous offerings shall we. Salt shooter (and that other top down shooting thing they have in the mall): repetative, not very challenging and lacks depth. Sodium racer: poor mans wipEout wannabe, lack of live multiplayer, no weapons, not much scope to upgrade your racer unless you want to spend cash and even then the options are limited, the tracks are basic and samey. Mercia: awful controls, annoying music, simplistic combat, boring quests.

 

Im not even going to mention the jokes that are the the barons eggcellent adventure and that dragon thing they plopped out as they arent even games to me.

 

The only people who can make half decent games for home are Veemee, with the audi efforts they put out, Gekko was fun for 30 mins and the alpine run or whatever it is is a giggle with some mates over. Lockwood need to take note or just stop making games because everything they have done so far has been an abject lession in tedium and grinding, which to me at least does not qualify as fun.   


 

Greetings, It's been a while. I came for a visit after seeing this particular post referenced over on the US Home Forums. I see some familiar names over here...hope you are all well.

 

Certainly the post above is opinion and does not necessarily reflect the sentiment of the entire community. Why in fact, the whole of the argument could be dismissed as a disgruntled rant much like so many angry tirades from the pool players after the tables were changed. One might say "you just havent learned how to play the game correctly".

 

I'm curious though. What WOULD qualify as fun in your estimation Mr. Fury?

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

07
/16

Furys-embrace

  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

Ahh Pooeys sarcastic american chum graces us with "her" presence....

 

In answer to your question what I qualify as fun, in terms of a gaming experience is something with fluid controls, an engaging story, variety, a challenge and something where you have to use the old grey matter. Nothing so far on home has ticked any of these boxes.

 

Home was NEVER ment as a gaming platform it was created first and foremost as a social gaming platform, a fancy chat room if you will. Now though its like a teas-made machine doing lots of things all at once and none very well. Not only is the engine running it (ps home) quite old the actual atchitecture was never made for complex games. I dont know about you but I actually bought my ps3 to play games on it, so funnily enough I buy games. Home to me is a tool to meet and make friends to game with, NOT to play games on. I'm not expecting "too much" from Home, I dont expect anything at all in terms of games because if I feel like playing a game I'll go play one which my ps3 was designed to run, simple as that. 

 

 

 

 

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

03
/16

myalana

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
myalana
Accepted Solution

Furys-embrace wrote:

Ahh Pooeys sarcastic american chum graces us with "her" presence....

 

In answer to your question what I qualify as fun, in terms of a gaming experience is something with fluid controls, an engaging story, variety, a challenge and something where you have to use the old grey matter. Nothing so far on home has ticked any of these boxes.

 

Home was NEVER ment as a gaming platform it was created first and foremost as a social gaming platform, a fancy chat room if you will. Now though its like a teas-made machine doing lots of things all at once and none very well. Not only is the engine running it (ps home) quite old the actual atchitecture was never made for complex games. I dont know about you but I actually bought my ps3 to play games on it, so funnily enough I buy games. Home to me is a tool to meet and make friends to game with, NOT to play games on. I'm not expecting "too much" from Home, I dont expect anything at all in terms of games because if I feel like playing a game I'll go play one which my ps3 was designed to run, simple as that. 

 

 

 

 



Hmm I assume the "her" in parentheses indicates that you doubt my gender Mr Fury. So be it, I see after checking that you are a level 5  "gamer" and that "detuned" thing is one of your "accomplishments". Perhaps that's an alternate though as I see the game trophies only date back about a year.

 

Sarcasm aside I agree with much of what you say. One isn't going to experience anything like we've come to expect from a disc based game nor even a decent PSN store offering. There's a few nice little games that are ok for casual play and socializing (pool and bowling come to mind).

 

I think people's expectations are a bit too high as far as the games on Home go. They are what they are and I believe they have pretty much reached their limits as far as what the platform is capable of. That isn't to say that a "quest" type game couldn't be compelling, but then I don't expect much from them and as such I'm not disappointed.

 

Good day to you sir and I believe you are mistaken. I was sure Pooey was YOUR chum.

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

02
/16

IXI_BIGMAN_IXI

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IXI_BIGMAN_IXI
Accepted Solution

 

Myalana - How on earth can you say Fury's reply or replies were a *rant* ?? I have no idea what some of you people read when you look at peoples posts but clearly we all see different things. 

This is what i learnt from his posts on this thread, A. He had his own view B. He explained it excellently. An to be honest,i think quite a few people could learn how to put across a well balanced constructive argument from no-one further from them than Fury,including myself btw. 

Personally i totally get what he said about the games in particular as i have had some grumbles that way too,but,i suggest thats maybe as we are in the same age bracket so therefor we ask ourselves on Home-Why am i being expected to like games when i played better versions of them 10yrs ago (fishing game for e.g - sega bass fishing 10 yrs previous) So he really has a point there. As do others with other views BUT to say his view has no substance in a way,or dismiss it as negativity is competely deluded :P Wake up :)

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

05
/16

plinkit

  • Offline
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
plinkit
Accepted Solution

I am inclined to agree with both Bigman and Fury on this issue. I do not see Home as a gaming platform, the mini games are just a distraction, something to do when you get bored. I view Home as an interaction with the community with mini games built in. (A game in itself kind of.) Developers are trying to produce bigger and better games for Home. Does it really work?

The Casino and Midway type stuff seems simple and fits perfectly in Home. No Mans Land and Mercia not so simple as they appear to be taking on the big boys and will never succeed with gamers.

I am not a tecchie but wonder why they do use the Home engine and not link out to somewhere else? Somewhere more suitable and less restrictive.

 

I had a blast down memory lane with the Vic20, Commodore 64 and the Amiga tonight. Home games aren't even comparing to those.

Simple seems to be more effective and better fun on Home.

 

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

02
/16

IXI_BIGMAN_IXI

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IXI_BIGMAN_IXI
Accepted Solution

 

LoL You tried to steer me in the right direction enough times Fury,i'm probably still owe you so cancel your cheque for now :P

An yeh i used Myalana as a starting point but generally the people disagreeing with you are attemtping to dismiss it as negativity,well some anyway an i think thats nonsense. An its not like i don't agree with points others made as i do.

Yes Plinkit,simple games that are fun and effective and again,Fury already said this,but on Home i'd only say the audi games match that description,oh and a few of Midways i guess. :)

BTW I saw Jet Set willy being advertised somewhere the other day,do you remember that one??

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

08
/16

KrazyFace

  • Offline
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
OMGEEE! Jet Set Willy!!!

See, I agree that a proper gaming experience comes from proper games built for the system like Uncharted, inFamous, Journey etc etc. Don't get me started on cross-platform screw-ups *cough* SKYRIM *cough*

Those saying Home should cater to more simplistic games are right on the money though. I still think a massive pier lined with original, old and new games in arcade cabinets would be a fantastic pull for older gamers - and some young un's. It'd be a nice space to hang in, and give an authentic feel to the old days of dark, maze-like arcade halls we used to have. Also, simple games load up nice and fast so the experience would be a pleasantly smooth one, rather than gawking at a loading screen for 10mins every 5.
0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

03
/16

myalana

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
myalana
Accepted Solution

IXI_BIGMAN_IXI wrote:

 

Myalana - How on earth can you say Fury's reply or replies were a *rant* ?? I have no idea what some of you people read when you look at peoples posts but clearly we all see different things. 

This is what i learnt from his posts on this thread, A. He had his own view B. He explained it excellently. An to be honest,i think quite a few people could learn how to put across a well balanced constructive argument from no-one further from them than Fury,including myself btw. 

Personally i totally get what he said about the games in particular as i have had some grumbles that way too,but,i suggest thats maybe as we are in the same age bracket so therefor we ask ourselves on Home-Why am i being expected to like games when i played better versions of them 10yrs ago (fishing game for e.g - sega bass fishing 10 yrs previous) So he really has a point there. As do others with other views BUT to say his view has no substance in a way,or dismiss it as negativity is competely deluded :P Wake up :)


How can I say it was a rant?..well because it was. I didn't say his points were completely without merit nor his reasoning flawed, I merely stated it was a rant that COULD be dismissed. That is true of really any heated post or impassioned reply, is it not? I think Mr Fury in fact enjoys a bit of verbal sparring...I know I certainly do.

 

Anyway, have a good day sir and I'll put in a good word with Mr Fury for you. Then again....that might not be doing you any favor.

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

[ Edited ]
08
/16

KrazyFace

  • Offline
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
Do you really enjoy "verbal sparring" coz the way I hear it, Fury isn't exactly in any position to argue his point because of this thread now...
0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

03
/16

myalana

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
myalana
Accepted Solution

KrazyFace wrote:
Do you really enjoy "verbal sparring" coz the way I hear it, Fury isn't exactly in any position to argue his point because of this thread now...


I'm afraid you lost me sir...after all I'm just a daft Yank gal as you lot might put it.

0 Kudos

Re: Mercia still broken

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel