15 Sep 2012
By: Wait-Jester-Sec Member 2,213 Posts
Level 7

Mercia still broken

45 Replies 523 Views Created 15-09-2012

Ok despite the patch/fix we got. enemies still wont spawn. i have been waiting for nearly 20 min in a room i know has enemies and nothing.. So lockwood when can we really get this issue fixed?? cause the quests where we have to find an enemy are kinda hard to do when none spawn :\

Think this needed way more testing before you released it...

photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 46 (523 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: Mercia still broken

this IS home dude.

why would you expect anything else other than "release bug riddled product, ask for money, maybe fix the bugs later" as a business model?

I feel for those guys (sorry 'kids') who clearly spent money on the game only to have it break shortly afterward

"They mostly come at night..............mostly"
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 46 (507 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Lockwood tweeted that there is gonna be a new Mercia out on the 19th, all/most bugs fixed. Mind you, they did say that about the 12th. So lets wait & see I guess, give them the benefit of the doubt.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 46 (483 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Hmm, will that mean we get stuck back to square one again then?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 46 (473 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

I tried to play it for the first time since the E3 demo on thursday as ive seen some people running around in a spartan helmet I wouldnt mind having. I ended up in that blue void thing after exiting the loadout menu about 5 mins into the tutorial dungeon and had to leave the space (I couldnt be bothered to return either). Fractured Realms is an apt subtitle for this p.o.s, the 'game' is indeed fractured. I'll leave all you mugs to lumber around slashing at beetles......... if they spawn. Big pass from me.

Lockwood, you should stick to what youre good at; making pretty looking and expensive clothes, furniture and spaces. Your games suck, and always have.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 46 (462 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

Furys-embrace escreveu:
Lockwood, you should stick to what youre good at; making pretty looking and expensive clothes, furniture and spaces. Your games suck, and always have.

That's kind of harsh in my opinion, the spawn bug is quite annoying yes indeed there's no denying that, but Mercia is by far the one of the most, if not the most, enjoyable game on Home at the moment, you don't need to spend money to progress in the game, the game also plays quite smoothly on Home's engine.. The only down sides I see on it is the repetitive scenery and quests, and the spawn bugs.. but that's about it, I'd say they pretty much nailed it.

You can't expect large games like this, developed by 3rd party studios, to come on PlayStation Home and be bug-free. I do hope they improve it and fix the bugs in future though.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 46 (436 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Gotta agree with Guedes here Fury, it's pretty normal for a game t be released full of bugs now. Look no further than that game you've been playing lately...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 46 (430 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Its not so much the glitches that bother me though, you expect that in an open beta, which is what home is, its the game its self that disgusts me. The combat is terrible, the puzzles, from what ive seen so far look basic and the quests seem to be generic. Go to point A collect X amount of item B blah blah blah. When Im playing dirge like this I just think "I could be playing a REAL game now and having a smoother, better experience" I will say one thing though, graphically its impressive and based on looks alone it could have been sold as a stand alone PS store game, but its lockwood, everything they do looks good. Graphics alone do not make a great game though.

Each to their own though I guess.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 46 (419 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Furys-embrace wrote:

And what the reason why it Suck?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 46 (414 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

al2009man wrote:

Furys-embrace wrote:

And what the reason why it Suck?

Ok lets look at their previous offerings shall we. Salt shooter (and that other top down shooting thing they have in the mall): repetative, not very challenging and lacks depth. Sodium racer: poor mans wipEout wannabe, lack of live multiplayer, no weapons, not much scope to upgrade your racer unless you want to spend cash and even then the options are limited, the tracks are basic and samey. Mercia: awful controls, annoying music, simplistic combat, boring quests.

Im not even going to mention the jokes that are the the barons eggcellent adventure and that dragon thing they plopped out as they arent even games to me.

The only people who can make half decent games for home are Veemee, with the audi efforts they put out, Gekko was fun for 30 mins and the alpine run or whatever it is is a giggle with some mates over. Lockwood need to take note or just stop making games because everything they have done so far has been an abject lession in tedium and grinding, which to me at least does not qualify as fun.   

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 46 (406 Views)
0 Kudos