98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

New HCM!

52 Replies 547 Views Created 02-11-2012

Mia_Wall? I saw a thread but it was gone before I could reply.

Farewell, PalmTree. We barely knew you!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
/16

xElfenLied

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied
Accepted Solution
This will probably be deleted. I think PotPlant wasn't supposed to post about it yet.
0 Kudos

Re: New HCM!

/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
In before the lock! Of my own thread :(
0 Kudos

Retro_1973

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

What's going on here?! lol

0 Kudos

/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

xElfenLied

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied
Accepted Solution
The thread that PotPlant posted got deleted for whatever reason, announcing that Mia_Wall was to take over from PotPlant as she was leaving.
0 Kudos

/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

xElfenLied wrote:
The thread that PotPlant posted got deleted for whatever reason, announcing that Mia_Wall was to take over from PotPlant as she was leaving.

or fired???

0 Kudos

/16

KrazyFace

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
Oh Mia, I hope you have thick skin my dear...
0 Kudos

/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
The lesbian vampires are probably already sticking their teeth into poor Mia :D must have like over 200 messages in their inbox from the self proclaimed coolest people of Home with over 900 links to their website and over 500 requests to be their servant. Party like it's 2009!
0 Kudos

Furys-embrace

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

EdwCarnby wrote:
The lesbian vampires are probably already sticking their teeth into poor Mia :D must have like over 200 messages in their inbox from the self proclaimed coolest people of Home with over 900 links to their website and over 500 requests to be their servant. Party like it's 2009!

I dont doubt this for a second. Its times like this I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Sony hq as they must all sit around laughing at the utterly cringeworthy creepy crawly messages from the 'lesbian vampires' called john or carl irl begging to be bff's...

0 Kudos

/16

xElfenLied

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied
Accepted Solution

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

xElfenLied wrote:

or fired???

She said she had another job elsewhere.

0 Kudos

/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution

xElfenLied wrote:

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

xElfenLied wrote:

or fired???

She said she had another job elsewhere.

LOL I jest!!

I really do wish them the best in whatever it is they are moving onto. Being a HCM is no easy task it seems and I'm not going to pretend to know what the existing job profile involves cos it might have changed a lot from the last one. All I will say is I hope you fit in with your new job, PalmTreePhoenix, and that I do acknowledge you're a human being and not a Foxconn employee so I won't hold you to a crucifix for leaving or not doing this or that. All the best with your future :Thumbs: and bring on the new babe! staff!

0 Kudos

xElfenLied

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied
Accepted Solution
It's an easy job, they just make it more complicated than it needs to be. There is no excuse for her laziness on the job, and I don't doubt she was probably sacked.
0 Kudos

/16

Furys-embrace

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

xElfenLied wrote:
It's an easy job, they just make it more complicated than it needs to be. There is no excuse for her laziness on the job, and I don't doubt she was probably sacked.

Thats a bit harsh Elfen, I dont think she was lazy, just not very good at communicating things which is the whole purpose of the job as far as i'm concerned. Anyway shes gone now so its unfair of us all to make snarky remarks.

0 Kudos

/16

RPG-Wolf

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RPG-Wolf
Accepted Solution

Furys-embrace schrieb:

xElfenLied wrote:

Thats a bit harsh Elfen, I dont think she was lazy, just not very good at communicating things which is the whole purpose of the job as far as i'm concerned. Anyway shes gone now so its unfair of us all to make snarky remarks.

Agreed, Fury.

Seems to be a job on a ejection seat like in a jet but closer to the ground. Don't think that she has not tried hard, but, to be honest, if the basis is rotten by (let's call it) greed, you can't do much just by communicating. The origin of all has to be "cured" first!

0 Kudos

/16

xElfenLied

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied
Accepted Solution
Not being funny, but she never once helped me. Every time I PM'd her, I got ignored, and this was when she was in my good books and had no problem with her when she was new on the job.

She was absolutely useless and picked and chose what she wanted to do.

Like I said, her job wasn't hard, she just chose it to be. She can't have been doing much when she wasn't even doing moderation work, and we never heard from her except on a Tuesday to tell us the updates, and that was it.

She must've been working that 1 hour a week to type up that post and that's it, clocked out until next week.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

I think you all are being a tad harsh on PalmTreePhoenix.

She's doing a good job considering she has to put up with all you on a daily basis.

I think many of you fail to understand what is actually required to co-ordinate for the Home platforms SCEE community. Its not all about being online 24/7 and answering every query you have or delivering on your every demand instantaneously.

PalmTreePhoenix is representing SCEE, and so everything has to be approved before anything can be relayed. Facts must be gathered, solutions must be confirmed and deliverables must be determined before the information can be passed onto you.

This is NOT an easy process.

PTP is one person but is expected to do a million things at once. I'm certain she was trying to do her best, which is no easy feat with many of you jumping up and down, criticizing her performance when ever you get the chance. I see that as being selfish and self centred.

She was employed to help us and all we did was drive her away.

I can't say what shes been doing all this time or explain why shes offline as much as she is, but I will say I am certain it was because she was busy following up on someones request or planning an event or the like.

This HCM position puts who ever holds it in the direct line of fire. One moment they're praised for delivering the impossible then the next they're scrutinized for not replying to a question as quickly as you'd like.

This is not all about you. There must be some give with the take. Please remember that this person is not some AI who feels no emotions. They are there to help us and will do so to the best of their abilities.

Be gentle, friendly, and patient and we may get what we want. Or we'll just keep driving these people away and you can all get back to your pointless bickering.

/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution

GoodBytes wrote:

I think you all are being a tad harsh on PalmTreePhoenix.

I don't remember ME being harsh :D

GoodBytes wrote:

She was employed to help us and all we did was drive her away.

I can't say what shes been doing all this time or explain why shes offline as much as she is, but I will say I am certain it was because she was busy following up on someones request or planning an event or the like.

You say those other sound points then you say something daft like this? I guess you don't know what their job entails either! You honestly think Sony pay money to people so they can chat to us and help us? No it's to help them :Lol: which if we're lucky helps us! And being offline to follow up requests or plan events? Seriously? Dude really LOL sorry to disappoint you but not everything to do with Home involves the community (and sorry to disappoint the disillusioned of us!)

GoodBytes wrote:

Be gentle, friendly, and patient and we may get what we want. Or we'll just keep driving these people away and you can all get back to your pointless bickering.

I agree with that approach we should always be friendly and respectful to paid employees. We've all gone on about how customers at our jobs think its ok to treat us like meat or abuse us "because its our job" so why should we treat someone in the same shoes different, people?

I will say though GB you were off base again with that last sentence. Believe it or not HCM's have lives or their career / life takes them other places. PTP is moving jobs it's not our business to know if it was about us. But to assume everything is because of us is a little egocentric. Wasn't it you that just said "This is not all about you?"

GoodBytes wrote:

This is not all about you.

Ah I was right! Well, I won't hold you accountable I'm sure you meant well when you made your post and the gist of your message was "give the poor woman a break!" and I totes agree with that. Sometimes things just don't come out right when we let our emotions do the talking :D I know I've been there lol

0 Kudos

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

You got something on your nose GB :smileywink:

Theres no denying out of all the HCM's she wasn't the best we had ? & i aint alone thinking tht.

/16

xElfenLied

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied
Accepted Solution
I miss Thyladaux.

/16

Furys-embrace

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

Now I see why the pointless kudos points were never included or previously removed in this section... 

@ Goodbytes, sorry but personally I dont think palmtree was any good, you probably think different as you perhaps had more contact, but those of us who choose not to have Sony employees on their friends list dont have the luxury of having someone on tap to do their bidding. The reasons for palmtree's departure are also irrelevant and speculation is pointless. Fact is she didnt communicate enough to those 'not in the club' and thats just  poor customer service, which is what the job is all about really, I saw little to no community coordination anyway. Why are staff like LordRoss and before him Thylaudax so well thought of? Because they actually respond(ed) to the community occasionally, something palmtree wasnt the best at really. As I said before though, shes gone now so discussing what she did while here is unfair. Bring on the next one, who hopefully is watching and learning.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel