Reply
Level 6
 
Playstation Staff

Re: New HCM!

Not being funny, but she never once helped me. Every time I PM'd her, I got ignored, and this was when she was in my good books and had no problem with her when she was new on the job.

She was absolutely useless and picked and chose what she wanted to do.

Like I said, her job wasn't hard, she just chose it to be. She can't have been doing much when she wasn't even doing moderation work, and we never heard from her except on a Tuesday to tell us the updates, and that was it.

She must've been working that 1 hour a week to type up that post and that's it, clocked out until next week.
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 53 (605 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 8
 
Playstation Staff

Re: New HCM!

I think you all are being a tad harsh on PalmTreePhoenix.

 

She's doing a good job considering she has to put up with all you on a daily basis.

 

I think many of you fail to understand what is actually required to co-ordinate for the Home platforms SCEE community. Its not all about being online 24/7 and answering every query you have or delivering on your every demand instantaneously.

 

PalmTreePhoenix is representing SCEE, and so everything has to be approved before anything can be relayed. Facts must be gathered, solutions must be confirmed and deliverables must be determined before the information can be passed onto you.

This is NOT an easy process.

 

PTP is one person but is expected to do a million things at once. I'm certain she was trying to do her best, which is no easy feat with many of you jumping up and down, criticizing her performance when ever you get the chance. I see that as being selfish and self centred.

 

She was employed to help us and all we did was drive her away.

 

I can't say what shes been doing all this time or explain why shes offline as much as she is, but I will say I am certain it was because she was busy following up on someones request or planning an event or the like.

 

This HCM position puts who ever holds it in the direct line of fire. One moment they're praised for delivering the impossible then the next they're scrutinized for not replying to a question as quickly as you'd like.

This is not all about you. There must be some give with the take. Please remember that this person is not some AI who feels no emotions. They are there to help us and will do so to the best of their abilities.

 

Be gentle, friendly, and patient and we may get what we want. Or we'll just keep driving these people away and you can all get back to your pointless bickering.





If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Kudos". If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Remember to always backup your data.


Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 53 (531 Views)
Level 6
 
Playstation Staff

Re: New HCM!


GoodBytes wrote:

I think you all are being a tad harsh on PalmTreePhoenix.

 

I don't remember ME being harsh :smileyvery-happy:

 


GoodBytes wrote:

She was employed to help us and all we did was drive her away.

 

I can't say what shes been doing all this time or explain why shes offline as much as she is, but I will say I am certain it was because she was busy following up on someones request or planning an event or the like.



You say those other sound points then you say something daft like this? I guess you don't know what their job entails either! You honestly think Sony pay money to people so they can chat to us and help us? No it's to help them :Lol: which if we're lucky helps us! And being offline to follow up requests or plan events? Seriously? Dude really LOL sorry to disappoint you but not everything to do with Home involves the community (and sorry to disappoint the disillusioned of us!)

 


GoodBytes wrote:

Be gentle, friendly, and patient and we may get what we want. Or we'll just keep driving these people away and you can all get back to your pointless bickering.


 

I agree with that approach we should always be friendly and respectful to paid employees. We've all gone on about how customers at our jobs think its ok to treat us like meat or abuse us "because its our job" so why should we treat someone in the same shoes different, people?

 

I will say though GB you were off base again with that last sentence. Believe it or not HCM's have lives or their career / life takes them other places. PTP is moving jobs it's not our business to know if it was about us. But to assume everything is because of us is a little egocentric. Wasn't it you that just said "This is not all about you?"

 


GoodBytes wrote:

This is not all about you.



Ah I was right! Well, I won't hold you accountable I'm sure you meant well when you made your post and the gist of your message was "give the poor woman a break!" and I totes agree with that. Sometimes things just don't come out right when we let our emotions do the talking :smileyvery-happy: I know I've been there lol

 

___________________________
PS4 Preordered - yipeeee!
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 53 (513 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: New HCM!

You got something on your nose GB :smileywink:

 

Theres no denying out of all the HCM's she wasn't the best we had ? & i aint alone thinking tht.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 53 (462 Views)
Level 6
 
Playstation Staff

Re: New HCM!

I miss Thyladaux.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 53 (428 Views)
Level 4
 
Playstation Staff

Re: New HCM!

Now I see why the pointless kudos points were never included or previously removed in this section... 

 

@ Goodbytes, sorry but personally I dont think palmtree was any good, you probably think different as you perhaps had more contact, but those of us who choose not to have Sony employees on their friends list dont have the luxury of having someone on tap to do their bidding. The reasons for palmtree's departure are also irrelevant and speculation is pointless. Fact is she didnt communicate enough to those 'not in the club' and thats just  poor customer service, which is what the job is all about really, I saw little to no community coordination anyway. Why are staff like LordRoss and before him Thylaudax so well thought of? Because they actually respond(ed) to the community occasionally, something palmtree wasnt the best at really. As I said before though, shes gone now so discussing what she did while here is unfair. Bring on the next one, who hopefully is watching and learning.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 53 (403 Views)
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: New HCM!

Sony should go through these forums & choose an HCM or even it's Mods from people that help the community the most, how these HCM's & Mods come to hold/keep hold or their positions is beyond me. & I think it was Fritches that said in one of his posts that "Such people in these positions shouldn't be allowed to socialise with the Home public", & he's right. A HCM or Mods account should solely be used to Moderate & to help the whole of the community the best they can.

 

HCM's & Mods should have two separate accounts, one as a normal account (like ours) & another that's only purpose is to Moderate & carry out all duties that are involved with the position they hold.

 

Us as a community have done more to help each other out (within our power) then any Mod or HCM has ever done, we'd put any of them to shame. This is why I say it'd be in everyone's interests to choose people from the forums that help their fellow members the most... Chances are that someone that helps the community so much, is going to make a great HCM or Mod.

 

I know one things for sure, we as a community, need someone/ or more then one, who is going to work hard for their Home community & "communicate" with us, "it's all about communication". People that are going to listen to what the Home community are saying & also dealing with any problems, bugs, errors, tech issues that arise. People that are going to take on board any ideas or feedback we have, also the HCM, Mods, & tech team & even the developers within Home need to communicate with each other more, when it comes to all these issues.

 

We need someone who's going to kick some backsides into gear in that office, & people that are going to get their backsides into gear.

___________________________________________________________
"Home is a playground for the Mods/In Crowd/Developers/Trolls, we are merely the people that fund it for them"
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 53 (395 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 4
 
Playstation Staff

Re: New HCM!

[ Edited ]

Actually it was me that said mods shouldnt interact with users or have friends lists that way they can be totally impartial,http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/Home-is-Corrupt/td-p/16912666/page/6 (even if I did misquote George Orwell in the progress) but to be fair Fritches does make some good points occasionally. 

 

One thing I will add though SYLAS, I dont think it would be a very good idea really to employ members of the community as community staff as there are far too many self serving individuals here with various vendettas etc. Whats needed is NEW BLOOD methinks.  Perhaps someone who has a marketing and PR background or someone who has worked in communications or even on a social application similar to home in the past. I dont know, but I just think it would be a bad idea to get somone to officially work for Sony just because they have thrown a few costume parties/quiz nights or whatever and know the right people.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 53 (345 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: New HCM!

I don't know much of this kinda thing ''Community Co-ordinator''

But i think it's just the reason that we are in europe maybe and have one person who always leaves for whatever reason, how many have we had? For sure 3 and maybe 1 who worked behind the scenes the one year we heard nothing from anyone.

 

And i am pretty sure this kinda job is hard for someone to arrange stuff for Home and still showing presence on the Home Forum here to keep everyone happy.

I remember when US had 3 Home Managers, well or 2 and one Co-ordinator and look at what they have to cover... what does 'One' person have to manage for EU with many different countries ect. and it's not just sitting at the desk, you have to travel around aswell.

 

And most of you make it sound like PTP has to be on the forum the entire time, answering questions, reading back pushing comments and non sense stuff... and still expecting to get the job done most don't see behind the scene.

 

It's just hilarious to read these comments, there are many countries on the forum who probably heard in these 4 years of Home only 2 comments on their board from whoever is on the actual role.

And you all cry around here at someone who has a ratio of 2 posts per day.

:Shame:

 

Don't blame people who is just trying to do their job, blame SCEE like everyone did 3 years ago and look what happend... we got someone like Thylaudax.

And maybe they should start to hire 2 peoples one who is more presence on the forum than behind the scenes and one the opposite...

 


Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 53 (337 Views)
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: New HCM!


Furys-embrace wrote:

Actually it was me that said mods shouldnt interact with users or have friends lists that way they can be totally impartial,http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/Home-is-Corrupt/td-p/16912666/page/6 (even if I did misquote George Orwell in the progress) but to be fair Fritches does make some good points occasionally. 

 

One thing I will add though SYLAS, I dont think it would be a very good idea really to employ members of the community as community staff as there are far too many self serving individuals here with various vendettas etc. Whats needed is NEW BLOOD methinks.  Perhaps someone who has a marketing and PR background or someone who has worked in communications or even on a social application similar to home in the past. I dont know, but I just think it would be a bad idea to get somone to officially work for Sony just because they have thrown a few costume parties/quiz nights or whatever and know the right people.


 

I stand corrected, apologies Fury, but yh it was a good point you made back then... ummm I didn't actually mean someone who's "thrown a few costume parties/quiz nights or whatever and know the right people". I meant someone who's actually visually seen to be helping people on these forums (a nobody). It is however, hilarious/pathetic to see people on here brown nosing/going for the popularity vote, whatevers behind it, maybe their going for their MVP points, maybe they just like the sound of their own voice. or want to increase their post count.. who knows. Idk what the answer is, maybe your right & we need new blood on the Sony staff & in these forums.

 

One of Homes major downfalls is the "Tech help/section", Homes staff need to be more efficiently used here, like I've said before, one or preferably more people, who's sole purpose is to deal with the tech help section, coz as it stands, the help received there in non existent (if needs be, employ more staff to meet these needs)

 

After all, isn't what all or most of us want is to just be able to go on Home, use the service for what it is, & just be able to enjoy it.. & also to be able to enjoy the items we've purchased, I know I do.. is that too much to ask?.

 

Sonys attitude of "no refunds" is criminal.. Ok so no refunds, then if we have broken items, give us the help we need to resolve the issue, coz as things stand, we don't get any help, we don't get any refunds.. & that's just plain wrong.. What are us as customers meant to do?

___________________________________________________________
"Home is a playground for the Mods/In Crowd/Developers/Trolls, we are merely the people that fund it for them"
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 53 (295 Views)