Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Official HOME Update Thread

[ Edited ]
136 Replies 7,483 Views edited 03-03-2010

psn-network.jpg____

Welcome to the latest version of PlayStation® HOME. It's a relatively small update, but it contains some key improvements to speed things up for everyone. The initial login speed has been improved, as has the loading speed of characters and some of the graphics.

An important update in this patch is to the system that stores item data. This should prevent items, like rewards, from being lost in the future. With this fix in place the team can then set about restoring your lost items, and we will bring you more news on that soon.

We’ve made a change to the way you report other players from within the Home Safe Screen. From now on you will be able to report one player for one reason rather than multiple players for multiple reasons. We have made this change as we found many players simple selected every single reason type when reporting people. This made life very difficult for our moderators, as it would obscure the real reason for the complaint.  Please try to choose an appropriate grief type when reporting someone – it really does help us to process your complaint.

The majority of this update is made up of bug fixes and small changes and improvements. For example, here are a few fixes that were asked for recently in the forums:

• Names of Home rewards will now show when you obtain them
  • Items in My Home Space should no longer vanish if you leave lamps lit when leaving.
  • Single seat chairs and sofas can no longer be used by two people in certain conditions

Enjoy your time in Home and please share your experiences and thoughts with us via the forums. We really do read them. 

Cheers 

FurySevenSix  

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

FurySevenSix

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FurySevenSix
Accepted Solution

This week we’re bringing you a unique mini-game event in the PlayStation Events Space for Hustle Kings. Find your way onto the giant pool table to take part in a game of dodge ball with a difference! Two great rewards are on offer … survive ten shots without being squashed by a ball to earn a stylish Hustle Kings Cape, top the leader boards to earn a bejewelled Hustle Kings Crown.

Home Hustle Kings

Home Hustle Kings Home Hustle Kings

Home Hustle Kings

Our other updates this week include a costume for Radec from Killzone 2, plus Uncharted costumes including Drake and Chloe. In the Sodium space you can acquire a statue of VICKIE for your personal space. Finally, there’s a range of camouflage clothing from SOCOM available!

Home UNCHARTED Drake Home UNCHARTED Chloe

Home Radec

Tread carefully in Home this week – we’re anticipating an invasion of Aliens and Predators! Only available until the 31st March, Threads will have Alien, Predator and Marine costumes from tomorrow.

Home Aliens Vs Predator

Don’t forget that the White Knight Chronicles competition continues in The Gallery area, and remember the rules specify four people must be present in your virtual photos!

The Heavy Rain Evidence Analysis game is also still running, so if you haven’t checked this one out yet head on over!

Cheers

FurySevenSix 

Re: Official HOME Update (05/03/2010)

[ Edited ]
/16

smokeypsd

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution

when is 1.35 coming online?

Re: Official HOME Update Thread

Beta Tester
/16

FurySevenSix

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FurySevenSix
Accepted Solution

Hi All

Exciting happenings in PlayStation Home this week! The highlight has to be the Stereophonics gig, however we’ll also be bringing a couple of updates to the Audi Home Terminal and the brand new Assassin’s Creed Abstergo Labs space. Read on for all the details, and some extra surprises…

and i have been asked  to quickly remind you all that Stereophonics will be playing a gig in the SingStar Rooms VIP in PS Home from this Friday 26th March.

I

Come along for exclusive live footage and interview with the band, as well as great Stereophonics Home items available to kit out your apartment and avatars.

I

What’s more, keep your eyes peeled for band members Kelly and Richard in Home! They’ll be popping into the SingStar Rooms VIP on Thursday evening for a ‘Meet and Greet’ with the Home and SingStar community. Check back on Thursday for more info!

i

I

For all fans of Assassin’s Creed, this week sees the arrival in Home of the Abstergo Animus Labs. Can you discover all the hidden messages and escape the labs through the concealed entrance to the Assassin’s Hideout? Having been affected by the Bleeding Effect, you’ll have access to Eagle Vision to help you crack the codes and unlock the security systems.

I

AC-Home_Abstergo_Terminal

I

These spaces are chock full of information about Assassin’s Creed, including concept artwork, databases on the locations and characters to be found in Assassin’s Creed II, Developer Diaries and more! Perhaps most exciting, however, is the Vendetta multiplayer mini game. Based on the tower defence genre, you’ll need to use a Hero in tandem with defensive structures and other buildings in a battle against other Home residents to defend your castle.

I

AC-Home_Assassins-Hideout

I

You’ll want to visit the cinema this week, where you’ll find a wealth of video content to support the upcoming release of the movie KICK-ASS. Follow the poster trail to get hold of two free costumes of the film’s lead characters: Kick Ass and Hit Girl. Don’t wait too long to get yours, as they’ll only be available for a limited time!

I

KickAss_v2

I

This week sees the launch of a huge update for the Audi Home Terminal including a fantastic new game – A1 Windows – and a first for Home, the introduction of the Audi presentations, with your very own virtual host, Ralf.

I

To celebrate the launch of the new Audi A1, Audi will release a new mini game in the Audi Home Terminal: the A1 Windows Game. Situated around the space are several new ‘viewer’ objects. Simply activate one of these objects to launch the aero-cam and travel through the city to play the game. Each window you visit contains a new level. Complete them all to win a new reward for your personal spaces!

The Audi presentations will talk in more detail about some of the innovative and progressive things that Audi do as a company. This first presentation starts with a rundown on the technology behind the all new electric Frankfurt-Showcar Audi e-tron. The presentations begin at 11:00, and run again at 14:00, 16:00, 18:00 and 20:00 GMT

I

As promised when we launched the Audi Home Terminal, there’s more in the pipeline for the year ahead. Finally, if you want to know how the Audi space was conceived and put together, visit the gallery section of the Audi Home Terminal to watch the ‘making of’ video.

I

Still reading? Good, because we’re not done yet! There’s quite a range of new clothing, costumes and other items available this week as well…

I

Firstly, four of the highly anticipated Tekken 6 costumes arrive tomorrow. For male avatars there’s Kazuya and Lars. Both are available as full costume bundles or individual items. For our female community we’ve got Asuka and Alisa; again available as bundles or individual pieces. Kazuya is free, while the others will cost for the full costume bundles.

I

If Katamari Damacy is more to your tastes, there’s a treat in store this week. Available as a bundle or individual parts is the unique Katamari Damacy Prince costume. Additionally there’s a range of t-shirts for both men and women – including a shirt and bag combo – as well as rainbow headphones.

Finally, tomorrow we say farewell to the White Knight Chronicles event. Tonight is your last chance to visit the space before it’s gone for good

I

Cheers

FurySevenSix

/16

Arathane

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Arathane
Accepted Solution

Aww man! spewing that i missed the Aliens and Predators stuff! I havnt used HOME for absolutely ages! I just got sick of having to redownload everything every time a patch came out :P Has that changed yet or do you still need to redownload everything every couple of weeks?

/16

deflepxr6

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
deflepxr6
Accepted Solution

AvP outfits are still there and will be for a little while longer....

As for the re download thing thats something that you may or maynot need to do ...

you will if that space you like using the most gets an update ... :smileywink:

keep an eye on home square.... things are always changing.....:smileyhappy:

Beta Tester
/16

FurySevenSix

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FurySevenSix
Accepted Solution

ps3home[1].jpg

HOME Update: 8th April  

Hi All,

This week we’ve got more MAG content in the form of an armour costume set for each faction, along with footlockers and lights.

PlayStation Home

The MyDeco store updates this week with a range of new furniture items. There’s definitely some interesting items in this release!

If you visit the Audi Home Terminal this week you’ll notice some more changes to the space. There’s a new store front, where you can pick up t-shirts, as well as a cap, vest, and jacket.

PlayStation Home

PlayStation Home

Finally, we were pleased to see you all enjoying the surprise Bunny outfits so much over the weekend! We can confirm that the outfits will remain available into the future.

Cheers

FurySevenSix

/16

Arathane

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Arathane
Accepted Solution

Hmmm Will have to check out those "Interesting items". And i just bought a Raven shirt :P At least now i can wear my armour too ;)

/16

smokeypsd

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution
After linux being taken away, I'm getting sick of just the endless stream of items and clothes to buy for home and that's it.

Beta Tester
/16

FurySevenSix

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FurySevenSix
Accepted Solution

PlayStation Home: Meet & Greet With Iron Man 2 Director Jon Favreau!

Hi All,

Last week the Audi Home Terminal in PlayStation Home updated with new Iron Man 2 terminals, where you can access a ten question quiz about the Iron Man 2 trailer. That was just the warm-up; we’re excited to announce that these terminals will soon become your entry point into an upcoming competition to meet Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau in PlayStation Home!

One lucky winner of the competition will be invited to attend a Q&A with Jon Favreau, which will take place in a private Audi personal space within Home. The event date and time will be confirmed soon, however is expected to be on the weekend beginning 23rd of April. You’ll also be bumping virtual shoulders with a selection of hand picked international journalists from online film and game sites.

PlayStation.Home

Full competition details will be available soon by accessing the terminals in the Audi Home Terminal, so keep your eyes open!

PlayStation Home

PlayStation.Home

So good luck everyone.

Cheers

FurySevenSix

Beta Tester
/16

FurySevenSix

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FurySevenSix
Accepted Solution

ps3home[1].jpg

Hi All,

I’ll start out today by confirming that the Ghostbusters Firehouse personal space, which we previously announced two weeks ago, will be releasing this week. In addition to the Firehouse, we’ll also have some Ghostbusters items in the store to help you get started decorating and movie-making. Here’s the rundown on the space from the 31st March blog post:

This space consists of three floors packed full of furniture and decorations, not least of which is your very own Ecto-1. The Ghostbusters Firehouse comes complete with movie props and portable blue screens that will be perfect for creating your own machinima movies. Just make sure you have your eyes open in case of any supernatural activity

So now onto the content for Thursday’s update that you aren’t aware of yet! Top of the list is the Neptune Suite personal space. Situated deep under water, this space comes complete with the multiplayer Blast Zone mini-game, and the rather puzzling Scramble. You’ll find the Neptune Suite in the new “plus” section of Home Estates, which indicates personal spaces with additional functionality. We’re also releasing a collection of things to wear on your head, such as horns and elfin ears.

Check out the Furniture store this week for our second release of Alien vs Predator content. This week we’ve got three pictures that can be hung in your personal space, along with the amazing face hugger display unit. Remember: the Alien vs Predator content will only be purchasable for a limited time!

PlayStation Home

This week will also see the release of the SOCOM OPFOR game space. Here you’ll be presented with a mini-game to assemble an assault weapon, with a special reward waiting for the most skilled players. Those who can successfully complete the assembly in under 12 seconds will receive an exclusive fully-playable Golden AK-47 for use in SOCOM: Confrontation. The space also features a highly addictive 5-Finger Fillet mini-game and leaderboards.

PlayStation Home

Finally, visit the Resident Evil space this week where we’ve got 22 new shirts available, spread evenly between male and female.

Cheers

FurySevenSix

Beta Tester
/16

FurySevenSix

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FurySevenSix
Accepted Solution

ps3home[1].jpg

Hi All,

Monkey Island has to be the gem of this week’s update: In additional to the incredible Ghost Pirate Ship personal space, there’s a huge range of furniture as well as costumes for Guybrush Threepwood and LeChuck. For the biggest fans of Monkey Island, check out the Ghost Pirate Ship bundle, that includes an array of selected furniture items. Make sure to watch this space for more content from LucasArts coming soon!

PlayStation Home 

This week sees the Sodium space receive significant updates. Many of the updates are aimed at making it easier for everyone to move about the space, including: moving the spawn point; moving VICKIE; adding a teleporter to a new Tank Trainer space; and the addition of a new interactive “You Are Here” map. Other updates include a Golden VICKIE and new items to purchase from VICKIE.

The long-awaited Final Fantasy XIII costumes arrive tomorrow! Featuring costumes for Snow, Lightning, Vanille and Sazh, these costumes are sure to stand out in a crowd. You’ll also find four new furniture items, including two Lightning figures and a Flying Ship model.

The Diesel store takes delivery of a new range this week. Consisting of a dozen items, including female attire, there’s a good chance you’ll find something that appeals to your eye!

Xi Alumni Hub Temporary Removal and Update

The Xi Alumni Hub will be removed from PlayStation®Home temporarily, starting from this week. Due to recent changes introduced with the 1.35 client update, these spaces need to be rebuilt to ensure they continue to function as designed.

nDreams will be taking this opportunity to provide access to some content from Xi that hasn’t been seen since Xi ended, along with some items from Xi that will be available to own.

Cheers

FurySevenSix

Beta Tester
/16

FurySevenSix

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FurySevenSix
Accepted Solution

ps3home[1].jpg

29th April Home Update

Hi All,

This week’s update is headed up with our newest event in the PlayStation® Events Space. Freshly dressed in ModNation Racers™ style, the Events Space will play host for the visually stunning ModNation Racers ModSpot Challenge. Race against the clock to track down select mods in this stunning ModNation space within the time limit to win a PS Home Mod for your own personal space! Then pick up your limited edition Animated ModNation Racetrack Hat from the Pit Stop Shop.

PlayStation Home - ModNation Racers

PlayStation Home - ModNation Racers PlayStation Home - ModNation Racers

PlayStation Home - ModNation Racers

The latest update to the Audi Space brings us a fantastic Iron Man 2 mini-game this week. Don Tony Stark’s flight suit, then pilot your way through a tricky skyscraper obstacle course, picking up arc reactors and dodging the mines to power your way onto the leaderboard.

PlayStation Home - Iron Man

More new costumes this week: Bioshock fans will find two Big Daddy and the Big Sister costumes from Bioshock 2! Other clothing updates include a new range in the V Store, new Loco Roco craziness and new Bartender outfits for Sodium.

PlayStation Home Bouncer

Fancy yourself an assassin? You need the new Assassin’s Creed 2 personal space! Set in Venice, this space includes dark alcoves perfect for ambushing your friends… There’s a range of furniture and portraits of Ezio and Altair to get you started decorating.

PlayStation Home - Loco Roco

Note: If you have not yet purchased your Alien vs Predator costumes and furniture, tonight is your last chance to do so! This content will be removed from the stores during Thursday maintenance this week.

Cheers

FurySevenSix 

Beta Tester
/16

FurySevenSix

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FurySevenSix
Accepted Solution

ps3home[1].jpg 

6th May Home Update

Hi All,

The highlight this week? More Monkey Island! Two new costumes will be available tomorrow: Stan the Salesman (male only) and the Sword Master (female only). If your personal space is in need of redecorating, we’ll also be releasing a selection of intriguing totems.

monkey_island_1 monkey_island_2

For Uncharted fans, visit Estates this week to pick up the stunning new Fortune Hunter’s personal space!

unch2aptstills 1 unch2aptstills 5

unch2aptstills 4

unch2aptstills 7 unch2aptstills 6

unch2aptstills 2 unch2aptstills 3

Perfect for the soldier inside you is the new range of SOCOM guns. Individual guns can be placed on your existing furnishings, or there’s display racks holding multiple guns perfect for showing off your new weaponry.

SOCOM_guns

Cheers

FurySevenSix

/16

Karma1au

52%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Karma1au
Accepted Solution

I just wanted to say, i was a bit dissappointed with finding out there was no Fang or Hope costumes from Final Fantasy 13.

I personally don't like Hope's look, but i figure other users would like to have his costume, as i would love to have Fang's costume. There is something about the Double Bladed Lance that gets me! LOL

I was also talking to other users on Home today about being able to stream music from your Playstation into your apartments.

I was wondering if and when it will happen, because i would like to have different music whilst playing the salt shooter game on sodium.

now i understand if that is not possible and please do not bit my head off for suggesting it! :P

I would like to finish by saying thanks for taking the time to read my rant, and I hope to see you all online! :D

/16

deflepxr6

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
deflepxr6
Accepted Solution

Welcome to the forums Karma1au....:smileyhappy:

Im sure in time all the main costumes from FF13 will in some way shape or form find there way in home... (unless they not selling good...lol)

as for the music in home well that's been a long and tried suggested request since day one..

Its a very long way off (if at all)

but you never know what's around the corner so fingers crossed....:smileywink:

as for the the sig thing u mean like what i got at the bottom with my trophy stats?

all the fancy one that some have... (witch i ant much of a fan off ...lol)

if its the same one as mine just go to au.playstation.com log on with ur PSN log in details once ur in go to ''My portable ID'' and follow the instructions....:BigGrin:

Beta Tester
/16

FurySevenSix

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FurySevenSix
Accepted Solution

ps3home[1].jpg

13th May Home Update

Hi All,

We’re so excited about the LittleBigPlanet™ 2 announcement that we’re celebrating with the arrival of the all new, and very colourful, LittleBigPlanet™ PlayGround space in PlayStation®Home! In true LittleBigPlanet fashion, this space offers plenty to play, create and share. Take part in the King’s “Snap Happy” Photo Challenge, then team up with your friends to create your own wallpapers for the PS3 XMB with the Creator mini-game!

Check out Estates for the LittleBigPlanet™ Pod Penthouse. Crafted from the finest cardboard, this personal space can be rotated to get the best out-of-this-world view, and comes complete with a special prize on entry!

LittleBigPlanet_Home_4 LittleBigPlanet_Home_2

LittleBigPlanet_Home_1 LittleBigPlanet_Home_7

Visit the Shopping Centre this week for the latest release of Star Wars costumes and items for your personal spaces. Highlights include the Juno Eclipse costume, Dark Lord Armor, an Interactive Yoda Fountain, and Blue Lightsabers.

juno

You’ll also find Dead Space Miner costumes, a small LocoRoco store update, and a range of new Bioshock t-shirts.

darklord

Cheers

FurySevenSix

Beta Tester
/16

evret

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
evret
Accepted Solution
finaly a LBP space!!!!!!!

/16

Zesty_Nachos

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Zesty_Nachos
Accepted Solution

playstation-home-logo.jpg

27th May Home Update

Hi All,

Hot on the heels of the recent ModNation Racers event space arrives the brand new ModNation Racers public space. Chock full of things to do, the space epitomises the game’s “Play. Create. Share” ideal, featuring plenty to see and do!

4642037800_468c1ee32f_m.jpg

4641428789_386a0a4277_m.jpg

Plenty of new furniture and clothing updates this week as well, starting with Red Dead Redemption costumes for those who have caught the cowboy fever. Two costumes each for male and female, as well as a selection of t-shirts.

rdr1.jpg

rdr2.jpg

rdr3.jpg

rdr4.jpg

A small store update for Loco Roco as well, with two new colour variants of the recently released hoodie. You’ll also find a new item of headgear that’s sure to make you stand out as a fun guy (or gal).

fungi.jpg

Motor racing fans should visit Audi this week, where you’ll find Le Mans themed caps and shirts in the store, along with a sweat jacket for the ladies.

Finally, we’ve got a selection of furniture and headgear from the Neptune collection arriving this week.

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

FurySevenSix

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FurySevenSix
Accepted Solution

ps3home[1].jpg

HOME Update 10/06/2010

Hi All,

Last week saw the release of the FevaArena pitch, and since then you’ve been kicking balls, making match predictions, and picking up your national supporters gear. This week we get into the full spirit of the World Cup, opening the doors on the “Global Lounge”. In a PlayStationHome first, visitors from all four Home regions will mingle in the same space to discuss the World Cup and partake in games and special events.

Moving on from football, the folks at VeeMee have something special for owners of The London Pub this week. Based on popular feedback from the community when The London Pub was first released in January, the Darts mini-game included in the space will be updated this week – for free! – with an all-new game mode: Killer. Invite your friends to your local to check out this new Darts rules set!

Keen on a disco party? This week we’re releasing the perfect disco furniture set from Lockwood! Consisting of the Animated Disco Rig, Laser Light Show stand, large Flashing Disco Floor, and Multi-colour Helium Balloons, and Blue Neon Sofa you’ll have all the tools you need to create an amazing light show in your personal space or clubhouse. Not happy with merely lighting up your space? Pick up the glowing yellow shoes or animated glowing equaliser shirt for your avatar!

disco

Finally, another small update for fans of Loco Roco with new hoody and slipper variants available in the store. See below:

loco_slippers

Some of you may have heard about a new European Home Square being produced. We’re not quite ready to announce a specific release date for the new space yet, however with that time rapidly approaching farewell parties are beginning to be organised.

Cheers

FurySevenSix

[ Edited ]
/16

smokeypsd

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution
can we have like, our music to go with that disco furniture sometime? :P

Beta Tester
/16

FurySevenSix

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FurySevenSix
Accepted Solution

ps3home[1].jpg

17th June Home Update

Hi All,

This is a big week for gaming, and PlayStation®Home is no exception! You should already know about the E3 Booth space that launched last night, and you’ll have hopefully read all about the new Home Square and Shopping Centre arriving tomorrow. Even ignoring those two big-ticket updates, this is a bumper week for Home. So what can you expect?

The Playground space previewed a few weeks back arrives tomorrow, packed full of things to do, with an American city theme! Elsewhere in Home, there will be a new mini-game available in the GAME space called Lunar Duel. How precise are you at lobbing missiles and other ammunition across the lunar landscape to take out your opponent?

The new Shopping Centre arrives just in time: we’ve got a lot of content this week. Ranging from game-themed clothing and costumes for Yakuza 3 and Darksiders, through movie-themed content with Karate Kid, to original content from Lockwood and more Neptune collection furniture, this update is packed. And we haven’t even mentioned the new Japanese clothing, furniture and personal space yet!

Cheers

FurySevenSix

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel