09 Feb 2009
By: CoolTails Member 3664 Posts
Level 3

Only these dev's can work on Home.

[ Edited ]
13 Replies 1803 Views edited 09-02-2009

http://kotaku.com/5149362/only-these-developers-may-work-on-the-ps3s-home

Discuss.

Who would you like to see on this list???

Lucasarts would be good,with stuff from escape from monkey island for example......

Message Edited by CoolTails on 09-02-2009 01:50 PM

Follow me-http://twitter.com/CoolTails
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (1,803 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: Only these dev's can work on Home.

[ Edited ]
Well i would love to see Rockstar on that list as i want a GTA IV space :smileyvery-happy: and it would be great to be able to launch into GTA IV within the space with other home users.
Message Edited by Insane_Gamer on 09-02-2009 02:04 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (1,779 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re : Re: Only these dev's can work on Home.

BS article title (not 'dissing' the thread title mind), other devs can join to that list, for now those have licenses to develope for Home (if they wish to), its not like Sony have closed registration so that no one else can work on it in the future.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (1,753 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Great idea lucasarts would be great having a monkey island space! Great game possible one of the best game seires i played! good story line!

well where the noughty dog, who did uncharted! or is it somet to do with sony anyway!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (1,746 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Re : Re: Only these dev's can work on Home.

Gekidami wrote:
BS article title (not 'dissing' the thread title mind), other devs can join to that list, for now those have licenses to develope for Home (if they wish to), its not like Sony have closed registration so that no one else can work on it in the future.

I thought that aswell,i wonder though what criteria makes a dev eligible to join the list??

Be interesting to find out,although quite a nice list to date.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (1,731 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Jungleman80 wrote:

Great idea lucasarts would be great having a monkey island space! Great game possible one of the best game seires i played! good story line!

What would be the odds of Lucasarts digging up an old game, not available for the PS3, and make a space for it in Home? For the developers it is about promoting their titles, not making fans remember old games on other platforms.

CoolTails wrote: 

I thought that aswell,i wonder though what criteria makes a dev eligible to join the list??

Be interesting to find out,although quite a nice list to date.

I am going to hazard a guess here: They must sign a contract stating intent to develop an interesting space and support its integration into Home - most likely by putting down some money.

Actually I am amazed so many developers have gone along with this already. 

European consumers have shown that historically they don't mind [waiting for stuff]
- SCE Worldwide Europe VP Jamie MacDonald, 05/10/2006
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (1,706 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

This probably would never happen,but I would love a Nintendo space.with areas from classic games and leaderboards for a DK arcade machine.

In theory I can't see why it couldn't happen,in reality I know why it wouldn't happen.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (1,659 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Looking at that list I think its worth pointing out that its SCEJ's list, not SCEE's, although ours is on a similar scale including some overlaps, its just not been published yet.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (1,647 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Any idea when it could be,be interesting to see who's on board in the west!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (1,640 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Well  i don`t know of its evver gonne happen, but it shoud be nice to to get other companies ( nog Gaming ) in it. Like Mc donalds, H&M, lot of other clothes shops) or shops like Virgin.

maybe some car of plane spaces, like a bmw space...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (1,572 Views)
0 Kudos