Level 3

Re: PS Home and E3

Sari, I do believe I remember reading and talking about the nerds that use FB. When it was released as an application for everyone on the net there were less technically minded people who scoffed at the very notion of it, and how sad and socially inept you'd have to be to even consider using it. Same thing happened with sexy text messages on mobiles. It happens all the time with new ways of communication, those that use these new programmes with even a modicum of imagination seem to be placed in the category of "socially awkward computer nerd". In FBs case, this blew over pretty quickly, but Home seems to be struggling, and I can only imagine that's because of its fluidity and nature, and the way we can have presence within the programme.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22 (207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

It's a bit like BlackBerry's. They were a business phone at first, but now every Tom, Richard and Harry has one, and it's mostly bought by teenagers.
BlackBerry are losing out on a fair bit of money though, because a lot of BlackBerry's are bought second-hand, therefore not getting that money themselves.
I think they're going back to their roots and trying to aim for businesses again, or so I heard.

If anything, iPhone and Android are more the business phone now, but again, the everyday Joe has those phones now too.
Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22 (199 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

I think no level of marketing (E3 or otherwise) will convince people Home is cool or normal to use. It attracts horny teens, socially inept people, chavs, and outcasts of society. Avatar Kinect, SecondLife, INVU and most other ones I know of suffer the same problem.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22 (192 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Before PS Home became public, I only found out about it via a related PlayStation video on YouTube years ago.

I haven't seen it advertised anywhere really.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22 (189 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

It's had a full length commercial on UK television, and some "sponsored by PlayStation Home" mentions on Sky show intervals. I think there were also posters for PS Home up as well as Xi ads which is sort of viral Home marketing.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22 (176 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

I never saw the TV ad o_o

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22 (170 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Yeah I saw a PS home advert on the TV (kind of) Sony sponsor or used to sponsor Films on Channel 5 I think (might of been itv). Anyway just after the adverts started a little thing came up showing home footage and said "your family movie sponsored by Playstation home" I nearly fell off my chair when I saw this.....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22 (159 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

EdwCarnby wrote:
It's had a full length commercial on UK television, and some "sponsored by PlayStation Home" mentions on Sky show intervals. I think there were also posters for PS Home up as well as Xi ads which is sort of viral Home marketing.

I remember them it took me by surprise that Sony actually advertised Home outside of Home because until I saw that ad every add I saw that involved Home was actaully streamed into Home it's self.

Revamped signature

Life is like a rollercoaster ... you've just got to choose the right one :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22 (144 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I've never seen an ad for Home on TV, or other media for that matter. Kinda glad of it too TBH. I like being in the minority and I'm quite happy for Home to stay under the radar. I mean, sure it'd be nice if more normal people used Home but it's the crazies that keep it fun! How boring would it be if EVERYONE you bumped into was a "normal" person? Half the beauty of Home (to me) is bumping into that normal person once every blue moon and adding them onto my list.

Its been a real struggle finding where the boundaries in this kind of environment lay for Sony, in fact for all these social networks. I think though Ed the cause of all these people who *seem* like social outcasts, is really because of the freedom applications like Home afford the end user. It's just a typical reaction to being able to say, act or do as you please without consequence and some people can't handle it. Put it like this; imagine you had the power to stop time. Now, how long would it take for you to get bored of pulling peoples trousers down in public then un-freezing time and watching the chaos? Maybe a few months, or maybe even never! It's the same thing really, it just depends on the individuals ability to become accustomed to the environment.

Ok, I'm erm, taking this thread for another ride it seems so I'd best just stop now. You'll all be in Home yapping to each other by now anyways so... KTHANKSBAI!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22 (126 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

KrazyFace wrote:
I've never seen an ad for Home on TV, or other media for that matter. Kinda glad of it too TBH. I like being in the minority and I'm quite happy for Home to stay under the radar. I mean, sure it'd be nice if more normal people used Home but it's the crazies that keep it fun! How boring would it be if EVERYONE you bumped into was a "normal" person? Half the beauty of Home (to me) is bumping into that normal person once every blue moon and adding them onto my list.

Its been a real struggle finding where the boundaries in this kind of environment lay for Sony, in fact for all these social networks. I think though Ed the cause of all these people who *seem* like social outcasts, is really because of the freedom applications like Home afford the end user. It's just a typical reaction to being able to say, act or do as you please without consequence and some people can't handle it. Put it like this; imagine you had the power to stop time. Now, how long would it take for you to get bored of pulling peoples trousers down in public then un-freezing time and watching the chaos? Maybe a few months, or maybe even never! It's the same thing really, it just depends on the individuals ability to become accustomed to the environment.

Ok, I'm erm, taking this thread for another ride it seems so I'd best just stop now. You'll all be in Home yapping to each other by now anyways so... KTHANKSBAI!!!

I do agree with that.

Although I loved Home getting a mention via E3 I wouldn't want it to be thrown in your face from every media outlet going. 

I do like the fact that Sony are seeing Home as something now instead of sweapping it under the rug at gamer events. I do like the fact that Home is now apart of these gaming events but that's where I want the advertising to stop. 

The way I see it is if more advertising is pushed on Home then the more hardcore gamers are going to wake up visit it then ask for it to be more gamer focused. Just like what's happened when they gave us New Home Experience. 

Revamped signature

Life is like a rollercoaster ... you've just got to choose the right one :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22 (113 Views)
0 Kudos