02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PSN stores

18 Replies 241 Views Created 03-09-2011

Just a simple answer to I guess a not so simple question:

This is all Play Station Home Network is it not?.. Why is there needed to be EU PSN cards to make purchases on an EU account and vice versa the same for N.American accounts?  Anyone can go online and make purchases anywhere in the world using their credit card that is registered for anything else from basketballs to auto parts. Why then is a "Special"  EU PSN card needed to make purchases and if so then why aren't these "Special" EU PSN cards made available to everyone who is a registered User ?

Perhaps not a simple question after-all but at best, a very frustrating one for people who wish to enjoy our EU accounts and locations and hopefully the stores there.

Finding someone to trade with is nye on impossible obviously for "trust" reasons.

There seems to be so much "potential" here with Play Station Home Network that is left to wither on the vine  as it were. 

a frustrated Home user

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

You'd probably get a better response on the PSNetwork board rather than here.

But it's likely it's just down to how SCE run it, with their wallet funding and what not.

0 Kudos

Re: PSN stores

/16

Fritches

96%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fritches
Accepted Solution

Let me get this right you want to know why Sony do PSN Cards?

Well not everyone likes to pay with their credit/debit card online. Also using pre-paids like this means that you don't spend over what you mean't to and it protects you from identity theft.

You just simply go to any game retailer (local or online) and pick up a PlayStation Network card and purchase it. In order to get that into your wallet you redeem the code inside. You can use both PSN Cards and credit/debit cards to top up your PSN wallet.

P.S. No, it's not all the Home network. Home is just a small add-on service to the PlayStation Network in the same way Qriocity is. 

0 Kudos

Life is like a rollercoaster ... you've just got to choose the right one :)
/16

guenivere_401

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
guenivere_401
Accepted Solution

no- i want to know why is it that any play station PSN card cannot be used on an EU or a NA account. I obviously know the concept behind using PSN cards. Computers can figure out rate of exchange in milli-seconds.  Obviously there are a lot of people who have and enjoy EU (European accounts) but they are restricted to only be able to use  EU PSN cards there?. Right now here in the US, one of the few places to buy an EU  PSN card is on Ebay at inflated prices- or perhaps a black market source.  Anyone can use their own cc in normal stores to buy items anywhere in the world, the rate of exchange is automatically figured when you make your purchase. Why is Play station network so behind the times on allowing this- is my question?

0 Kudos

Guenivere
/16

Shenmue182

84%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Shenmue182
Accepted Solution

That's the most confusing post i've ever read..

You are either asking why EU card's don't work in USA, or you are asking why PSN cards exist? If PSN cards worked in all region's we'd all buy USA ones as they are much cheaper then use in EU, that's why. Plus, not everyone is old enough to have their own credit card, and many people who are old enough decide against using them. PSN card's are a fantastic Gift idea, for birthdays etc if you have a friend who uses a PS3. Your question is confusing o_O "special" cards must be new.

m2000momo wrote:

Just a simple answer to I guess a not so simple question:

This is all Play Station Home Network is it not?.. Why is there needed to be EU PSN cards to make purchases on an EU account and vice versa the same for N.American accounts?  Anyone can go online and make purchases anywhere in the world using their credit card that is registered for anything else from basketballs to auto parts. Why then is a "Special"  EU PSN card needed to make purchases and if so then why aren't these "Special" EU PSN cards made available to everyone who is a registered User ?

Perhaps not a simple question after-all but at best, a very frustrating one for people who wish to enjoy our EU accounts and locations and hopefully the stores there.

Finding someone to trade with is nye on impossible obviously for "trust" reasons.

There seems to be so much "potential" here with Play Station Home Network that is left to wither on the vine  as it were. 

a frustrated Home user

0 Kudos

I like spelunker :D
/16

Fritches

96%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fritches
Accepted Solution

Shenmue182 wrote:

I know I had to read it 4 times to gain a bit of understanding. Still not sure what OP means by "why aren't these "Special" EU PSN cards made available to everyone who is a registered User ?"

0 Kudos

/16

fi8767

96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fi8767
Accepted Solution

Fritches wrote:

Shenmue182 wrote:

I know I had to read it 4 times to gain a bit of understanding. Still not sure what OP means by "why aren't these "Special" EU PSN cards made available to everyone who is a registered User ?"

I think they mean why doesnt sony have them available in stores worldwide.. i hear they're hard to get in some countries.

0 Kudos

/16

Fritches

96%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fritches
Accepted Solution

fi8767 wrote:

Fritches wrote:

Shenmue182 wrote:

I think they mean why doesnt sony have them available in stores worldwide.. i hear they're hard to get in some countries.

Ohh right , I thought they where availble in the main EU, US, JP countries.

0 Kudos

/16

claremac90

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
claremac90
Accepted Solution

If you want to buy things from other stores go to ebay and get US,EU,HK or Japanese PSN cards , its easy 

0 Kudos

/16

Shenmue182

84%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Shenmue182
Accepted Solution

This site seems to sell all regions of cards

http://cardscodes.com/Playstation_Network-k32-0-3-default.html

0 Kudos

I like spelunker :D
/16

Wait-Jester-Sec

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wait-Jester-Sec
Accepted Solution

Sony has stopped PSN cards in australia for whatever reason :| stupid really

But reading that was very confusing :o

0 Kudos

photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
/16

Fritches

96%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fritches
Accepted Solution

Wait-Jester-Sec wrote:

Sony has stopped PSN cards in australia for whatever reason :| stupid really

But reading that was very confusing :o

Not according to the link Shem posted. You should try it.

0 Kudos

/16

Wait-Jester-Sec

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wait-Jester-Sec
Accepted Solution

went to my local EB and GAME stores and both said they are no longer getting any PSN Cards in

0 Kudos

photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
/16

guenivere_401

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
guenivere_401
Accepted Solution

Thank you- this the answer I was seeking- many thanks!

0 Kudos

Guenivere
/16

guenivere_401

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
guenivere_401
Accepted Solution

Ok- then my question is simply--- "why is there not just ONE type of PSN card that can be purchased and used everywhere? Anyone can go into a store and buy a PSN card..and redeem the code to put that amount into your wallet.  This business of only allowing EU PSN cards on your EU account is dumb, frankly.

0 Kudos

Guenivere
/16

Retro_1973

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

Obviously the answer is that, as you're not supposed to visit other regions of HOME as it's against SONY's T&C's, they don't sell universal PSN cards to make it easy for you.

0 Kudos

/16

guenivere_401

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
guenivere_401
Accepted Solution

Ok well- to make a world-wide network as Home is suppose to be- don't you think it would make sense to allow users to visit other Regions?.. We already have this in the Gamescom space where other users can visit? And it's openly discussed in many forums how people already do this. My point is- why should we as

"Users" of Play Station services be forced into a "strait-jacket"  and NOT be allowed to visit other Regions?

Also- EU user accounts CAN indeed invite friends from North American accounts & vice versa to their own personal spaces already. So the whole argument already is full of holes. And the "irony" of the whole thing is that the Servers for all these accounts is right here In America, in Virginia and Los Angeles!   Duh !

0 Kudos

Guenivere
/16

Retro_1973

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

I agree with you but, for reasons unknown,  unfortunately SONY don't. :(

0 Kudos

/16

Fritches

96%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fritches
Accepted Solution

Arh now Retro's made sense of it I get it now.

Next time make it clearer and you'll get the right answer :)

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel