Level 9

Re: PSN stores

Wait-Jester-Sec wrote:

Sony has stopped PSN cards in australia for whatever reason :smileyindifferent: stupid really

But reading that was very confusing :smileysurprised:

Not according to the link Shem posted. You should try it.

Revamped signature

Life is like a rollercoaster ... you've just got to choose the right one :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19 (116 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

went to my local EB and GAME stores and both said they are no longer getting any PSN Cards in

photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19 (110 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

no- i want to know why is it that any play station PSN card cannot be used on an EU or a NA account. I obviously know the concept behind using PSN cards. Computers can figure out rate of exchange in milli-seconds.  Obviously there are a lot of people who have and enjoy EU (European accounts) but they are restricted to only be able to use  EU PSN cards there?. Right now here in the US, one of the few places to buy an EU  PSN card is on Ebay at inflated prices- or perhaps a black market source.  Anyone can use their own cc in normal stores to buy items anywhere in the world, the rate of exchange is automatically figured when you make your purchase. Why is Play station network so behind the times on allowing this- is my question?

Guenivere
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19 (84 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Ok- then my question is simply--- "why is there not just ONE type of PSN card that can be purchased and used everywhere? Anyone can go into a store and buy a PSN card..and redeem the code to put that amount into your wallet.  This business of only allowing EU PSN cards on your EU account is dumb, frankly.

Guenivere
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19 (83 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Obviously the answer is that, as you're not supposed to visit other regions of HOME as it's against SONY's T&C's, they don't sell universal PSN cards to make it easy for you.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19 (81 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Thank you- this the answer I was seeking- many thanks!

Guenivere
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19 (78 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Ok well- to make a world-wide network as Home is suppose to be- don't you think it would make sense to allow users to visit other Regions?.. We already have this in the Gamescom space where other users can visit? And it's openly discussed in many forums how people already do this. My point is- why should we as

"Users" of Play Station services be forced into a "strait-jacket"  and NOT be allowed to visit other Regions?

Also- EU user accounts CAN indeed invite friends from North American accounts & vice versa to their own personal spaces already. So the whole argument already is full of holes. And the "irony" of the whole thing is that the Servers for all these accounts is right here In America, in Virginia and Los Angeles!   Duh !

Guenivere
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19 (74 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

I agree with you but, for reasons unknown,  unfortunately SONY don't. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19 (66 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Arh now Retro's made sense of it I get it now.

Next time make it clearer and you'll get the right answer :smileyhappy:

Revamped signature

Life is like a rollercoaster ... you've just got to choose the right one :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19 (63 Views)
0 Kudos