Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 26

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

19 Apr 2012
By KloudShun

KloudShun

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

[ Edited ]
24 Replies 2,622 Views edited 23-04-2012

Application of the patch

If you are upgrading from an old version of Home (1.40 or earlier) then when you attempt to apply the 1.65 patch please wait for the orange “hard drive activity” light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process.

New Features

Menu Screen

  • The new Menu Screen replaces the old Menu Pad.
  • It functions in a very similar way to the old Menu Pad but we have made many improvements to its speed and ease of use.
    • It starts faster and responds better making it quicker and more satisfying to navigate around.
    • There is an updated graphical design.
    • And a much better layout.
      • Key options are more readily accessible.
      • All options are in more logical places and easier to find.
    • Everything is clearer because there is room to lay things out properly when using the full size of the screen.
    • Options to globally disable voice or text chat have been removed from the Menu Screen as these already exist in the Home Safe Screen (accessed with [SELECT]).
  • Browsing your inventory from the Menu Screen now uses the same system as the Wardrobe and Furniture Browser.  This means:
    • It is much quicker to open and view your inventory.
    • You can sort and filter your items.
    • You can move Portable items, such as companions, that you do not use very often into Portable item Storage.
      • This will allow much faster access to your favourite Portables.
      • If you can’t find a particular Portable check in Storage first.

Personal Voice Chat

  • The new Personal Voice Chat system replaces the old Telephone Call system.
    • A Personal Voice Chat behaves in a similar manner to a Telephone call and can be initiated in the same way (from the Friends list, from the Chat Log or by targeting someone).
    • The major benefit of this new system is that a Personal Voice Chat is treated as another voice channel by the chat log.
      • This means all communication is now managed from one place: the Chat Log.
      • You can switch between voice channels while remaining in a Personal Voice Chat without having to end the conversation.

Alerts

  • Alerts have been integrated into a new, third tab in the Chat Log.
    • The Alerts that pop up on screen have a new graphical design.
    • Pressing [START] with an alert on screen now opens the Alert tab in the Chat Log.
      • And when you are viewing the Alerts tab pressing [START] opens the Menu Screen regardless of any Alerts that might be arriving at the time.
    • Much like the original Alerts menu you can view a list of active Alerts and interact with them from this tab.
    • The tab also indicates how many Alerts are available to view.

Furniture slots

  • Each apartment or clubhouse can hold up to 100 items of furniture measured in slots. Prior to patch 1.65 a Normal Furniture Item always took up 1 slot and an Active Furniture Item always took up 22 slots.
  • With patch 1.65 developers will now be able to create Normal and Active Furniture Items of different slot sizes. Therefore Active Furniture Items can be created that take up fewer slots and you will be able to place as many Active Furniture Items in your personal space as will fit.
  • Please note that all existing furniture items created prior to patch 1.65 will still be either 1 or 22 slots in size.
  • To make it easier to organise, the furniture placement menus now display a new bar that provides a visual representation of the furniture slots in use.
    • This shows the number of slots used, the number of slots free and how many slots the currently selected item of furniture uses.
    • It warns you if placing the selected item would exceed the capacity of your Personal Space.
    • It shows how the slot usage will change if you remove multiple items.
    • The furniture detail menu (accessed by clicking the left stick [L3]) shows how many furniture slots a specific item occupies.

·          How many slots a piece of furniture will use is also displayed on the detail page of each item when you are viewing it in the store.Grief Reporting

  • The Grief Reporting interface has been updated.
    • The process of submitting a report is a lot simpler and requires fewer button presses.
    • The whole system is a lot more robust.
    • More feedback is provided if there is a problem.
    • A new graphical design brings the interface more in line with the rest of PlayStation®Home including reflecting your chosen pop-up colour.

Improvements

Video screen interface

  • The interface on all of the video screens around PlayStation®Home has been improved.  This includes:
    • An updated graphical design when loading videos.
    • More information about what is happening.

General

  • Improved the stability of real time games making it more likely that you will be able to consistently and reliably join one.
  • Optimised the start up flow by combining some of the configuration files into a single download.  This may reduce the log in time by a small amount and will help reduce the chance of an error during log in.
  • Changed the general download system that PlayStation®Home uses to increase responsiveness and potentially provide a small improvement to download speeds.
  • Made some general improvements to networking that should increase reliability.
  • Smoothed out the loading of images for display on either side of the message of the day.
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
10
/16

Fritches

  • Offline
97%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fritches
Accepted Solution
After seeing the video I'm not too fussed about this update, I like the menu we have now. Also why was Retro's thread on this deleted?
0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes


Life is like a rollercoaster ... you've just got to choose the right one :)
09
/16

Retro_1973

  • Offline
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

Fritches wrote:
...why was Retro's thread on this deleted?


It's a conspiracy! :smileysurprised:

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes


02
/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

Retro_1973 wrote:

Fritches wrote:
...why was Retro's thread on this deleted?


It's a conspiracy! :smileysurprised:



lol you have to laugh dont you, they deleted it because your not part of the offcial home team and you stole there thunder by posting it before they could,so they deleted to repost it (so childish) 

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

03
/16

Troothpaste

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Troothpaste
Accepted Solution
agree with fritches the video does look good however until i see it in person i won't make any comment until then
0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

07
/16

Furys-embrace

  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

Retro_1973 wrote:

Fritches wrote:
...why was Retro's thread on this deleted?


It's a conspiracy! :smileysurprised:



lol you have to laugh dont you, they deleted it because your not part of the offcial home team and you stole there thunder by posting it before they could,so they deleted to repost it (so childish) 



If that was the case how come no one ever deletes DarkanNL's posts about forthcoming content. I'm pretty sure he or she isnt a member of the home team either.

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

[ Edited ]
10
/16

Fritches

  • Offline
97%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fritches
Accepted Solution

Furys-embrace wrote:

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

Retro_1973 wrote:

Fritches wrote:
...why was Retro's thread on this deleted?


It's a conspiracy! :smileysurprised:



lol you have to laugh dont you, they deleted it because your not part of the offcial home team and you stole there thunder by posting it before they could,so they deleted to repost it (so childish) 



If that was the case how come no one ever deletes DarkanNL's posts about forthcoming content. I'm pretty sure he or she isnt a member of the home team either.


 

@ Retro oh goody I like conspiracies.


@ Seribal I know right , it's soo sad. 

 

@ Fury  I'm guessing because Lockwood are fine with her doing it compared to the main Home Team.

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

[ Edited ]

Life is like a rollercoaster ... you've just got to choose the right one :)
02
/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

Fritches wrote:

Furys-embrace wrote:

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

Retro_1973 wrote:

Fritches wrote:
...why was Retro's thread on this deleted?


It's a conspiracy! :smileysurprised:



lol you have to laugh dont you, they deleted it because your not part of the offcial home team and you stole there thunder by posting it before they could,so they deleted to repost it (so childish) 



If that was the case how come no one ever deletes DarkanNL's posts about forthcoming content. I'm pretty sure he or she isnt a member of the home team either.


 

@ Retro oh goody I like conspiracies.


@ Seribal I know right , it's soo sad. 

 

@ Fury  I'm guessing because Lockwood are fine with her doing it compared to the main Home Team.



Yeah thats a little different Fury as DarkenNL is releasing info from a publisher and not info based on the home program itsself...As he/she must have some attachment with Lockwood otherwise Lockwood would have done some thing about it.

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

Award Winner
08
/16

sam_reynolds01

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sam_reynolds01
Accepted Solution

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

Fritches wrote:

Furys-embrace wrote:

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

Retro_1973 wrote:

Fritches wrote:
...why was Retro's thread on this deleted?


It's a conspiracy! :smileysurprised:



lol you have to laugh dont you, they deleted it because your not part of the offcial home team and you stole there thunder by posting it before they could,so they deleted to repost it (so childish) 



If that was the case how come no one ever deletes DarkanNL's posts about forthcoming content. I'm pretty sure he or she isnt a member of the home team either.


 

@ Retro oh goody I like conspiracies.


@ Seribal I know right , it's soo sad. 

 

@ Fury  I'm guessing because Lockwood are fine with her doing it compared to the main Home Team.



Yeah thats a little different Fury as DarkenNL is releasing info from a publisher and not info based on the home program itsself...As he/she must have some attachment with Lockwood otherwise Lockwood would have done some thing about it.


 

plus the core update info was accident released early. :P

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

[ Edited ]
08
/16

Legendary_Vicki

  • Offline
93%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Legendary_Vicki
Accepted Solution

Oh gawd :Stupid:

 

Now we are going to see people merging their companions. It'll be cat-dog LOL 

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes


FFXIV Server - Gilgamesh.

Award Winner
08
/16

sam_reynolds01

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sam_reynolds01
Accepted Solution
The portable item storage and the active item changes sound great. :D

But i have to agree with fritches, im really not a fan of the new navigator shown in that leaked video.
0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

02
/16

J-Matt-

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
J-Matt-
Accepted Solution

But the US love the looks of the new home client update....

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

Beta Tester
07
/16

loonytoon1982

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
loonytoon1982
Accepted Solution

KloudShun wrote:

Furniture slots
  • Each apartment or clubhouse can hold up to 100 items of furniture measured in slots. Prior to patch 1.65 a Normal Furniture Item always took up 1 slot and an Active Furniture Item always took up 22 slots.
  • With patch 1.65 developers will now be able to create Normal and Active Furniture Items of different slot sizes. Therefore Active Furniture Items can be created that take up fewer slots and you will be able to place as many Active Furniture Items in your personal space as will fit.
  • Please note that all existing furniture items created prior to patch 1.65 will still be either 1 or 22 slots in size.
  • To make it easier to organise, the furniture placement menus now display a new bar that provides a visual representation of the furniture slots in use.
    • This shows the number of slots used, the number of slots free and how many slots the currently selected item of furniture uses.
    • It warns you if placing the selected item would exceed the capacity of your Personal Space.
    • It shows how the slot usage will change if you remove multiple items.
    • The furniture detail menu (accessed by clicking the left stick [L3]) shows how many furniture slots a specific item occupies.
·          How many slots a piece of furniture will use is also displayed on the detail page of each item when you are viewing it in the store.

 

Well it's kinda close I'd say ;)

 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/Home-needs-an-update-to-allow-more-a...

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

---------------------------

07
/16

Furys-embrace

  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

So if Inventory items will now use the same system as the wardrobe does this mean we will experience the horrendous lag when we exit the wardrobe each time we use something in our inventory?

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

Beta Tester
08
/16

DNAtlantic

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
97%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DNAtlantic
Accepted Solution
I didn't come across lag for the inventory but I hope not!

A nice updated none the less
0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

04
/16

Skookie30

  • Offline
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Skookie30
Accepted Solution

good evening: I'm all in favour of core client update patches that add things but you didn't say also in wardrobe you can shop in there treat it as a short-cut.

 

but on SCEA-blog someone asked when we be able to use music & tv equipment for our own content. come now SCEE please tell maybe you hold on to announce that at E3 this june 4th. [june 5th 2am BST]. :)

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes


08
/16

KrazyFace

  • Offline
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
I like the slots idea, sounds very handy when they start making single-slot active items. But I hope the voice/text on/off button is separate, ie be able to turn off voice but not chat.

As for the rest of it, looks good! Looking forward to it!
0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

04
/16

Skookie30

  • Offline
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Skookie30
Accepted Solution

Oh yes also you forgot new cross game invites in Home. :| 

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes


02
/16

Crawford_CG

  • Offline
24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Crawford_CG
Accepted Solution
Hello, it's all well that you are performing constant stability updates and all but I would really prefer more actual location updates/mini games and in general full featured games. I probably speak on behalf of a lot of folk on psn that all of these store updates are more about paying for things but on the other hand most people would rather have location updates and game updates. I just wanted to air my opinion Sony and thank you.
0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

03
/16

FooFan73

  • Offline
90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

Crawford_CG wrote:
Hello, it's all well that you are performing constant stability updates and all but I would really prefer more actual location updates/mini games and in general full featured games. I probably speak on behalf of a lot of folk on psn that all of these store updates are more about paying for things but on the other hand most people would rather have location updates and game updates. I just wanted to air my opinion Sony and thank you.

 

 

Most of the spaces in Home are made by and maintained by third parties so it's not possible for Sony to do anything aside from trying to encourage said third parties to update more often.

 

In my opinion though many spaces ARE updated frequently enough and if you were to start pushing them to update more often then the chances of bugs and so on increases

 

Have you been using Home for the 3 years it's been going? Trust me, Home these days is one hell of a lot more faster than it used to be with updates and new spaces. In the first year it was so pedestrian that even snails and Sloths were laughing at it

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

Photobucket
MVP
06
/16

RenegadeXtreme

  • MVP
  • Offline
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

You can download 1.65 now. It's 42mb :)

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStatio​n Home 1.65 Patch Notes

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel