17 Apr 2012
Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

PlayStation Home Scheduled Maintenance 18th April 2012

[ Edited ]
27 Replies 928 Views edited 18-04-2012

PlayStation Home will be offline from 8AM BST on Wednesday 18th April for routine maintenance. Here is what to expect after the update…

Novus Prime gets its newest shipment of game-enhancing outfits and virtual items this week! Suit up as the new Obsidian Bladewalker foot soldier with four custom animations, holographic weapon, and a 5% experience boost in Novus Prime!

NovusPrime_blogpost_image2_640x360.jpg

Gain the golden touch with the new gold-plated Midas Reactive Defense System and get a 25% Nebulon collection bonus when you own the entire outfit! Power up your avatar with the sleek new Ion Stream Power Armour, and don’t forget to show off your deadly side with the newest Obsidian technology available to the Earth Fleet: the Obsidian Throwing Star. Warp to the Novus Prime space station today to check out all the new gear and Join the Fight!

NovusPrime_blogpost_image1_640x360.jpg

Very few Safaris give you the opportunity to get up close and personal with elephants, hippos and gorillas in one trip, but that’s exactly what a trip to the Lockwood store can do for you today!

Tembo returns and this time he’s brought some friends along. Kubwa is an impressively huge gorilla. He’ll pound his chest and the ground to show his dominance, and when he thinks no-one’s watching, he has some rather unsavoury habits… Kiboko is an unbelievably cute baby hippo who sometimes gets tired out playing all day. He’ll follow you around as much as his little legs can carry him, but when he gets too tired, he’ll plop down on the floor and yawn! Open up your home and your heart to some exotic wildlife!

Lockwood_Kiboko_180412_1280x720.jpg

Lockwood_Kubwa_180412_1280x720.jpg

Two racers have returned to Sodium’s Project Velocity, forgotten heroes of this high octane sport, intending to regain notoriety once more. Already it’s happening – these Legendary Racers are gaining a following of keen young sportsmen and women eager to follow in their death defying footsteps, by racing and dressing just like them. Only the finest racers can expect to don the Legendary Pilot outfit though. The Legendary Racers don’t let just anyone copy their style. If you want to dress like a winner, you have to BE a winner. Reach level 40 to unlock the complete Legendary Pilot Outfit.

Sodium_legendaryracer_041812_1280x720.jpg

Granzella bring us more Edo-themed content this week with Feudal Lord clothing and armour to help battle the evil spirits besieging the city. There’s also some new furniture to help deck out your Edo Row Houses in the finest classical Japanese style.

Edo_FeudalLord_1280x720.jpg

In the Shopping Centre the Furniture store has a new range of bright, animated furniture; or head to Threads to choose from the Hollywood Celebrity or Pop Diva outfits to show off your star status.

Konami brings the Raver line of clothing to PlayStation Home. You will stick out in the crowds with this brightly coloured and often glowing collection. Support Peace, Love, Unity and Respect with these new pieces of clothing.

Konami_raver_022912_684x384.jpg

Due in no small part to the actions of the armed fruit militia, Diesel Island will be sinking from sight in PlayStation Home on Wednesday the 25th April.  You've got one week left to rescue some of the Island stock from the Diesel store - such as The Luxurious Tropical Paradise Beach Crib,  A.I.- B.O.T. or Aunt Mildred. Coming soon - more news on what next in PS Home for Diesel.

Coupla videos to be added to this post soon...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28 (928 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: PlayStation Home Scheduled Maintenance 18th April 2012

FIRST! Getting a gorilla :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28 (922 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

LordRoss wrote:

Konami brings the Raver line of clothing to PlayStation Home. You will stick out in the crowds with this brightly coloured and often glowing collection. Support Peace, Love, Unity and Respect with these new pieces of clothing.

GoodBytes will be happy...!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28 (905 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Retro_1973 wrote:

LordRoss wrote:

GoodBytes will be happy...!

Was thinking the same thing

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28 (899 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Oooo like the Raver range, got to check that out tomoz apart from that a meh update.
I'm now on Xbox, so goodbye everyone :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28 (879 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

cool :smileyhappy: gorilla 4 me tomorrow and some raver clobber , big fish , lil fish , cardboard box :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28 (857 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yay for more Edo stuff!!!

Altho not really the costumes I was hoping for, any news on the (female) Ninja and Shinobi outfits? Or the better weapons and many hair styles?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28 (853 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Snap Honey. Although, I'm not ravin' about what's there exactly but it sounds promising. TBH, I don't know why Lockwood aren't already all over this considering their Sodium range.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28 (836 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Just the sodium 2 rewards for me this week.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28 (832 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

First redbull beach goes now diesel island both of which were relatively  new or updated and yet old deserted spaces like the sf4 lounge, farcry and everybody's golf remain? Curious practice. I'll have a peek at the new Edo armour and see what that's like, other than that there's very little of appeal for me this week as its all recycled ideas especially the raver stuff which is just a rip off of the lockwood double time retro crap. Also @ Hellfire games/novus cooldown, Kudos to you for keeping the novus prime saga updated with constant updates, but can I ask what is the point of these items that give nebulon and xp boosts when the level cap is so low at 30? if you raised it again to say 40 then perhaps these benefits from the suits would be relevant and stimulate more sales of your generally, nicely made virtual products.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28 (755 Views)
0 Kudos