Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PlayStation Home Scheduled Maintenance - 27th January

[ Edited ]
33 Replies 984 Views edited 26-01-2011

Hey everyone,

PlayStation Home will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance this Thursday 27th January at 8AM BST. During the maintenance, you will be unable to access PlayStation Home.

27th January Home Update

ISA intelligence provided to us earlier this week has been confirmed: the Helghast invasion commences tomorrow, immediately following the completion of regular maintenance. Those who qualify to join the defence of Central Plaza (must be 18+) should report to the ISA Intruder dropship in Home Square to be taken to the Central Plaza battleground. Here, combatants can either defend the square from invading forces or deliver supplies to fellow combatants. Perform your duties well, and you can earn special rewards including multiplayer unlock points for Killzone 3 when it releases next month!

5384704094_e85ba804fa_b.jpg

Our store updates this week include:

• Lockwood update with long socks for the ladies.
  • Billabong updates with a range of ladies fashion.
  • Stuff has a Robotic Canine and new active furniture.
  • Batman posters from the V-Store.
  • Alter Ego has a range of fantasy weaponry. [Not recommended for combating the Helghast!]

See you in Home!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Retro_1973

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

How do you finish Wave 2? I've been pummelling the dropship for 10 minutes and it still won't die! Am I missing something here...?

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Home Scheduled Maintenance - 27th January

/16

Retro_1973

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

Retro_1973 wrote:

How do you finish Wave 2? I've been pummelling the dropship for 10 minutes and it still won't die! Am I missing something here...?

Stoopid game was bugged - dropship failed to fly towards me, just sat there in the sky. Left space and came back again and it behaved correctly. Grrrrrrrrr

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

VitalogyPJ

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
VitalogyPJ
Accepted Solution

Retro_1973 escreveu:

You will only destroy the ship on Wave 3. When it comes to Wave 2 after the dropship send those air mechs it will come towards you, you can keep firing at it to get extra points but the main thing there is to have all the health because it will pass over you and take you some so if you're on the line with the health you will lose, if not and after the dropship passes you will have to kill a few more helghast and you're done.

0 Kudos

/16

Retro_1973

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

Thanks, Vitalogy. I've completed all 10 challenges now. Never did figure out how to fire missiles though! lol

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

Yeah... so.... I went into the space today

..at first I was impressed, it looks and sounds awesome...

..at first

But, then the issues with shading and textures for buildings far away, and the dead higs, all in the same position... and one even going through objects.

But worse, the spray painted Helghan symbols. This is a ISA stronghold, under attack from the Higs. What... did they just stop in the midst of all the chaos and start some graffiti exhibition?

Overall, I was hoping it would be more like KIllzone... More along the lines of walking into the lamp department of Matalan. Dreadful mix of lighting, and a overwhelming colour of brown.

:P

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Retro_1973

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

Anyone know how to fire the rockets? I have 5 of them but how do you use them???

0 Kudos

/16

Thylaudax

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Thylaudax
Accepted Solution

Wetalness wrote:

I like the themed Home squares/central plazas, it makes a nice change of scenery. The game leaves a lot to be desired, I'm sure it'll appeal to the vast majority of the Home users. Inverting the aim was a little odd though, and not being able to change it is disappointing.

Still, another way to spend twenty minutes I guess.

I believe there's a Home-wide option to change the inversion. Have you tried changing that before accessing the game?

0 Kudos

Home Tweets: http://twitter.com/PSHomeEU
/16

Wetalness

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wetalness
Accepted Solution

You wish me to change the entire way I use Home for the sake of a ten minute game? Not in your lifetime Squire!

0 Kudos

/16

Thylaudax

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Thylaudax
Accepted Solution

Wetalness wrote:

You wish me to change the entire way I use Home for the sake of a ten minute game? Not in your lifetime Squire!

Um, no ... you can change it for the duration of the game and then change it back afterwards.

0 Kudos

/16

Wetalness

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wetalness
Accepted Solution

Its nice to know even a wise old head of Playstation Home and its forums can still be trolled so easily. Take it easy old timer, you're near retirement anyway :smileywink:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

Cimbrer

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cimbrer
Accepted Solution

Thylaudax wrote:

Wetalness wrote:

I like the themed Home squares/central plazas, it makes a nice change of scenery. The game leaves a lot to be desired, I'm sure it'll appeal to the vast majority of the Home users. Inverting the aim was a little odd though, and not being able to change it is disappointing.

I believe there's a Home-wide option to change the inversion. Have you tried changing that before accessing the game?

I tried that, but it was still inverted for up/down movement. Would've liked the option either in the game, or via the settings change. I'll try and get used to the controls.

Shame to see the Little Big Planet themed Square go already, one week wasn't much. :smileysad:

0 Kudos

/16

Thylaudax

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Thylaudax
Accepted Solution

Cimbrer wrote:

Thylaudax wrote:

Wetalness wrote:

I tried that, but it was still inverted for up/down movement. Would've liked the option either in the game, or via the settings change. I'll try and get used to the controls.

Shame to see the Little Big Planet themed Square go already, one week wasn't much. :smileysad:

That's a shame, but probably unlikely to change at this stage. (Which also means I won't enjoy the game as much ... the minigame controls are the wrong way around for me).

0 Kudos

/16

EatYouAIive

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EatYouAIive