Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 122

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

26 Jul 2012
By Yaster

Yaster

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

44 Replies 1,158 Views Created 26-07-2012

Hey guys.  A lot of you will no doubt have seen the announcement about PSN maintenance tonight.  Just in case you haven't though, note that PlayStation Home will be inaccessible for the duration.

 

I've copied and pasted the announcement below.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

There will be scheduled PSN maintenance from 16:00BST on Thursday 26th July until 08:00BST on Friday 27th July.


 During the maintenance you will be unable to access the following services:

PlayStation Store.
PlayStation Network Account Management.
PlayStation Network Account Registration
PlayStation Home


For the duration of the maintenance window, Network services on all devices will be unavailable to all consumers. Users who attempt to access these services during this time will be presented with the site maintenance notification page. Users who are able to log in and try to log in to Home will see the regular Home maintenance screen as seen during publishing windows.


 There may also be further downtime following the maintenance window for testing.


 We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause

0 Kudos
LABELS:
yaster's Streambadge
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
10
/16

EdwCarnby

  • Offline
98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution

Bad times.

 

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

___________________________
PS4 Preordered - yipeeee!
02
/16

Eewec

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Eewec
Accepted Solution

I hadn't seen that.. now i have after it's already started.... ugg. There goes my plannage for the evening. Least I've already got my daily fossil quota this morning.... just never turned them in, thinking I could this evening. Ahh well.

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

10
/16

EdwCarnby

  • Offline
98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
Anyone want to play Scrabble with me? :)
0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

___________________________
PS4 Preordered - yipeeee!
02
/16

Eewec

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Eewec
Accepted Solution

EdwCarnby wrote:
Anyone want to play Scrabble with me? :)

 

Sorry, if it's a network game the networks down so can't :smileytongue:

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

10
/16

EdwCarnby

  • Offline
98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
No no. Yahoo. lol
0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

___________________________
PS4 Preordered - yipeeee!
08
/16

KrazyFace

  • Offline
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
Scrabble is for old crusty dudes! I'd rather play...

WHAT'S THE TIME MR.WOLF!!!
0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

10
/16

EdwCarnby

  • Offline
98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution

KrazyFace wrote:
Scrabble is for old crusty dudes! I'd rather play...

WHAT'S THE TIME MR.WOLF!!!

 

Where I am it's nearly 30 degs so I make that Pimms O'clock :)

 

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

___________________________
PS4 Preordered - yipeeee!
08
/16

KrazyFace

  • Offline
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
Hmm, well if you're drinking we should play something easier like...

STUCK IN THE MUD!!!
0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

08
/16

Legendary_Vicki

  • Offline
93%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Legendary_Vicki
Accepted Solution
Or dig out old games you haven't played in ages. I'm considering putting in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Haven't touched that game in many months xD
0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July


FFXIV Server - Gilgamesh.

07
/16

Furys-embrace

  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

Wish Darksiders 2 was out already, just saying. :smileysad:

 

Or better still the maintenance was tomorrow night, because I'll be watching the opening ceromony of the Olympics prolly:Winner:

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

[ Edited ]
02
/16

Eewec

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Eewec
Accepted Solution

Hmm you had to mention the Olympics... I'm bored, not got anything else to do right now, so I'm going to rant for a few and try getting some of this out of my system before I pop and take a swing at someone.

 

Ahh yes, the olympics. Do my best to avoid them at all costs. TBH I think what's going on with the sponsorship deals is bordering on the outright illegal in terms of trading law for something that had a lot of public money behind it and is, purportedly a government run affair.

 

It's costing the country a fortune our great grand kids will probably still be paying off. The security is a joke, seriously G4S... didn't they learn from the prison fiasco? Supposedly they think we can make a profit out of it, yet the only two countries in it's history to do so only did stuff that would earn money and built nothing specific, only repurposed already existing infastructure or on rare occasions built stuff that they already had contracts for use for afterwards. What did we do... only built just about every thing from scratch and way way way over budget, most of which has no specific use in mind when the olympics close out other than the ever overly optimistic political fluff they throw around. And the government let themselves be conned out of even more as bonus'. Not to mention we seem to be having every 'sport' imaginable involved, profitable or not.

 

My understanding of contract work; Do it on time and in budget... that's the contract. Do it quickly and/or under budget, but still up to standards in the contract, get a nice bonus. Do it late and over budget, get penalised.

 

The governments idea of contract work. Do it on time and in budget... what? why'd you bother doing that? Here have a bonus for doing what you agreed to do. Do it quickly and under budget but to standard... are you mad? Don't call us we'll call you. Bonus, what bonus? Do it late and over budget failing to actually reach standards on what you actually did, ahh we're used to this, we know what to do now. Here have a big fat juicy bonus... one not enough, oh here have some more. What, some of the work didn't get done, here have another contract to do that and another to do some other work we want doing. Leastwise, that's what it feels like.

 

The promises for work for brits... yeah if you include in that number people who have just moved to the country and oddly already have work lined up with companies also oddly enough working on the olympic contracts. Local work for londoners/london companies... hmm nope, although several 'offices' opened up when contract work was handed out, actaully pre-existing companies saw little if any work. Then all the restrictions on what non-sponsor companies can sell in olympic areas... yeah... that's really helping the local economy. Then you have the travel snarl ups due to 'olympic lanes' in already congested London... helpful, reaaalll helpful for those that live and work in the area and have nothing to do with the olympics and now face longer commute times due to the same amount of traffic squeezed into fewer lanes.

 

Even the banks are in on it. If you don't have a visa card I hope you have plenty of cash on you as no other cards will work in the olympic areas, regardless of any insitue business' contracts to the contrary. Want a cup of tea, I hope you like McDonalds Tea. They're the only ones who can sell it. There are other items but this is actually just p'ing me off all the more.

 

/rant off

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

10
/16

EdwCarnby

  • Offline
98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
The olympics are poo. Not nearly as poo as maintenance, though.
0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

___________________________
PS4 Preordered - yipeeee!
06
/16

xElfenLied_US

  • Offline
85%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution

Eewec wrote:

Hmm you had to mention the Olympics... I'm bored, not got anything else to do right now, so I'm going to rant for a few and try getting some of this out of my system before I pop and take a swing at someone.

 

Ahh yes, the olympics. Do my best to avoid them at all costs. TBH I think what's going on with the sponsorship deals is bordering on the outright illegal in terms of trading law for something that had a lot of public money behind it and is, purportedly a government run affair.

 

It's costing the country a fortune our great grand kids will probably still be paying off. The security is a joke, seriously G4S... didn't they learn from the prison fiasco? Supposedly they think we can make a profit out of it, yet the only two countries in it's history to do so only did stuff that would earn money and built nothing specific, only repurposed already existing infastructure or on rare occasions built stuff that they already had contracts for use for afterwards. What did we do... only built just about every thing from scratch and way way way over budget, most of which has no specific use in mind when the olympics close out other than the ever overly optimistic political fluff they throw around. And the government let themselves be conned out of even more as bonus'. Not to mention we seem to be having every 'sport' imaginable involved, profitable or not.

 

My understanding of contract work; Do it on time and in budget... that's the contract. Do it quickly and/or under budget, but still up to standards in the contract, get a nice bonus. Do it late and over budget, get penalised.

 

The governments idea of contract work. Do it on time and in budget... what? why'd you bother doing that? Here have a bonus for doing what you agreed to do. Do it quickly and under budget but to standard... are you mad? Don't call us we'll call you. Bonus, what bonus? Do it late and over budget failing to actually reach standards on what you actually did, ahh we're used to this, we know what to do now. Here have a big fat juicy bonus... one not enough, oh here have some more. What, some of the work didn't get done, here have another contract to do that and another to do some other work we want doing. Leastwise, that's what it feels like.

 

The promises for work for brits... yeah if you include in that number people who have just moved to the country and oddly already have work lined up with companies also oddly enough working on the olympic contracts. Local work for londoners/london companies... hmm nope, although several 'offices' opened up when contract work was handed out, actaully pre-existing companies saw little if any work. Then all the restrictions on what non-sponsor companies can sell in olympic areas... yeah... that's really helping the local economy. Then you have the travel snarl ups due to 'olympic lanes' in already congested London... helpful, reaaalll helpful for those that live and work in the area and have nothing to do with the olympics and now face longer commute times due to the same amount of traffic squeezed into fewer lanes.

 

Even the banks are in on it. If you don't have a visa card I hope you have plenty of cash on you as no other cards will work in the olympic areas, regardless of any insitue business' contracts to the contrary. Want a cup of tea, I hope you like McDonalds Tea. They're the only ones who can sell it. There are other items but this is actually just p'ing me off all the more.

 

/rant off


Didn't read.

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

Не верь, не бойся, не проси


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
02
/16

Eewec

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Eewec
Accepted Solution

xElfenLied_US wrote:

Eewec wrote:

Hmm you had to mention the Olympics... I'm bored, not got anything else to do right now, so I'm going to rant for a few and try getting some of this out of my system before I pop and take a swing at someone.

 

.

.

.

/rant off

Didn't read.


 

That's nice for you, but why bother even posting the fact? I haven't read Jane Austin, but it's not like I go around posting about it randomly, only here as an example.

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

02
/16

Busybee1_2_3

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Busybee1_2_3
Accepted Solution

Oh wow what a rant, but i totally agree in my not so moaning voice.Won't mention the huge Korean flag blunder :smileysurprised:But the opening of the olympics should be a good watch.No olympic games featured in homesquare ? or maybe that's a surprise in the maintenance 

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

02
/16

Eewec

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Eewec
Accepted Solution

Heh, I didn't even get round to mentioning the huge cluster fudge that is the the volunteer drivers who will be moving the athletes from site to site and the increasingly money grabbing restrictions on them. Originally they were to be paid transport costs for getting to and from the olympic villages etc and could bring their own lunch. They'd also only be needed for 3 days. Then it's 'ohh, can't afford to pay for your transport getting here and home any more'... then due to security concerns and whatever else they conjured up you have to buy an extensionally priced lunch (£10 or more for sandwich, crisps and drink, not sure it even has a chocy bar) when the same from a non-olympic shop costs about a third or less of that as your not allowed to leave the olympic sites during your lunch break. Then they strong armed volunteers into 5 or more days and the companies employing these people feel obligated to let them have the time off, while the volunteers are now having to take unpaid leave in some cases. Needless to say a lot of volunteers just can't do it anymore.

 

Will be interesting to note how many times athletes or officials get stranded.

 

There's just soo much I could write about that it's just unreal.

 

The whole thing has left many a person with a bitter taste in their mouth.

 

As for some of the advertising from the contracted firms... heh, really smart tempting Murphy like that, really. UPS I'm looking at you here.

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

[ Edited ]
02
/16

Busybee1_2_3

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Busybee1_2_3
Accepted Solution

Well i found your Olympic page slightly amusing ( no offense ) :BigGrin: But going back to Pshome subject yes having only recently started going back on pshome since it began,why is there such emptiness ? I think there may be to many spaces now ,maybe get rid of the most unpopular one's. Not sure why users requested the grass area to be kept free of clutter so they could meet up , as i never see anyone there.Even in this fictional place it amuses me how we all cluster in one particular place when there's so much space around , it's as if certain spots are booby trapped:smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

02
/16

Eewec

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Eewec
Accepted Solution

Hmm, nahh not really my thing, those .. umm whatsits, doberries .... things made of letters and form what could be called sentences, you do that thing... umm communicate yeah, with them.... ummm oh yeah words... words really aren't my thing.

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

02
/16

hot_so_what

  • Offline
23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hot_so_what
Accepted Solution

well, does anybody know what to expect on playstation home after the update? :womanhappy:

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

Award Winner
08
/16

sam_reynolds01

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sam_reynolds01
Accepted Solution

hot_so_what wrote:

well, does anybody know what to expect on playstation home after the update? :womanhappy:


Nothing, this is PSN maintenance.

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance 26th/27th July

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel