PlayStation®3

PlayStation®Home

PlayStation®Home

04 Dec 2008
By: domeno Member 18 Posts
Level 1

Playstation should get rid of the XMB & just log strat into Home

14 Replies 583 Views Created 04-12-2008
HOME is fantastic but playstation should get rid of the XMB so when we login we should log strat into Home in sted of logging into the XMB & then logging into Home.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (583 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: Playstation should get rid of the XMB & just log strat into Home

The XMB is a LOT faster to start up... many people don't want to wait to play a game.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (578 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

And if you one day have no internet connection?
I already have 1 PLF point!!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (577 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

It could probably be a setting but I don't see people being forced to do that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Home isn't a life simulator. If you want one of those, go Outside™ and talk to People® Unless you are hideously Ugly® Then stay Inside™ and use Second Life as your life simulator and make yourself look Handsome®"

Don't you dare wink!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (556 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

If you are talking about making it madatory then you are clearly an idiot. I don't even want this crap on my machine.
deadleaves
60gb
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (504 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

super_monty wrote:
If you are talking about making it madatory then you are clearly an idiot. I don't even want this crap on my machine.

Well yes it would be quite idioticand their wouldn't a point. If you don't want it then don't use it hence the fact that it's an app.

This is signature? Hmm.. I thought it was some kind of message but I guess now I'll just sit. O_O
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (502 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I remember Sony saying in one of the gaming conferences last year I think it was that you could set your PS3 to boot straight into Home when you switch it on if you wanted but you could also stay with the XMB if you wanted to.

I dont know if there still going with that Idea now though.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (461 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

an option for that would be good but not everybody will want to boot straight to homne, or even use it at all so that's all it could ever be, an option.

but hopefully it will be an option for those that want it, though i suspect they may opt not to use it after a while.

----------------------------------------------------------
girl gamer
HazelAM
"communication without borders"

Hubert H. Humphrey
“Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate.

”tear down the home wall"
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (419 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Really Home could be optimized on startup, in theory the only reason Home wouldn't be suitable is because it's currently work in progress on a beta.... Once it goes public and becomes second nature to the masses..... Then it's a different story.

It could load up as quick as the XMB..... That wouldn't be an issue.... All the current XMB access could easily be implemented into Home but as a startup for the ps3. Such as, instead of opening where you left off or in your home space, it could open as a mini space of it's own, not a room with furniture..... Or implement it into an application within your home space main room, either way.... 

Thing is, the XMB is just a series of menus with options, plain and simple..... Home is a series of menus with options but within a 3d space.... No one would seriously rather have the XMB than Home as a startup interface, not even for simplicity as it could be the exact same ease of use. 

There's also plenty of scope to cover new playstations shipping with Home pre-installed as part of the OS, obviously once the user goes on the net, they have the choice to download all the content just as we all do anyway to begin with... But otherwise it's an offline Home..... If you follow :smileyhappy:

Don't get me wrong, the XMB should never be fully replaced, it's perfectly suited for access from within games... However it would overall be more satisfying to have an immersive world from the start of peoples playstation3 experiences... Would certainly be an extra advantage in every area, more potential profit for sony, something above and beyond the competition.... All the users have something to play with that's part of the package..... 

Anyway yeah said enough now :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (396 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

nah, xmb simple intuitive interface in a menu system that everyone is familiar with, which does everything your playstation needs. home is a social utility also used for online game launching, bottom line its an online application.
If you don't try you can't fail but then you can't win either.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (361 Views)
0 Kudos