Progress

Public Space Concept: The Chill Lounge

[ Edited ]
3 Replies 256 Views edited 27-01-2010
27 Jan 2010
By NJShadow

The Chill Lounge (Concept)

Listen While You Read <-----------

Hey there guys, when I'm in Home, I often think to myself what kind of space I would create if I just wanted to hop into Home and chat with others. Now, when considering a space, I want to make it as easy on the eyes as possible, maintain a modern, yet soothing feel, and convey a sense of tranquility. Well, I have an idea for a public space that I figured I would just toss out there and see what you guys might think of the whole thing.

The public space would be called "The Chill Lounge", at least that's what it's called at the moment unless someone suggests a better name. The purpose of this space would just be for Home users who might want to chill and maybe have a good conversation at the same time. This will look much like a modern, futuristic bar with alternating, glowing mood furniture (now we know that can be done) and calming music playing throughout (Alternating between the super calm and more upbeat). Having a mini game available is still up for debate, although suggestions are welcome. You could possible consider waiters/waitresses for the area that will be targetable, thus allowing users to unlock bonus items. This space could even be considered as a replacement for the Gamer's Lounge which currently has no music, or function for that matter (It did look nice at it's conception, but we've come a long way since then).

Actually, you know what, there is a cool idea that we might be able to implement as a mini-game in the space. In the very back there could be a message chair, with one masseuse and a customer (fake, like in the Irem Space), and an unlimited number of users would be able to select it. When selected, the masseuse asks: "What massage would you like to sir/ma'am?". The user would then be presented with the option for a light, moderate or heavy massage, with each one causing the DualShock 3 controller to vibrate in a different way.

The breakdown of each would be as follows (Think the options menu/vibration test from Metal Gear Solid):

-Light Massage (Fine vibration)

-Moderate Massage (Heavy, bulky vibration)

-Heavy Massage (Mixture of both fine and heavy/bulky vibration)

At the end of your massage you would receive a "steamed towel" personal item, or finish all three to receive a "Massage Chair" furniture item for your personal space. Just an idea. 

Let me know what you guys think of the whole idea, and feel free to add to it with any ideas of your own. I think, if put into motion, this could act as a neat little stress reliever for users in Home. And Lord knows, many of us from around these here forum parts could use it. :)

Open Letter to Cafe' del Mar

Subject: Possible Advertising Opportunity For Cafe' del Mar

Hi there,

My name is [NAME OMITTED], a frequent user of Sony's PlayStation Home service, a social gaming application for PlayStation community at large where anyone connected to the PSN (PlayStation Network) can meet up, chat and explore 3D interactive spaces as well. In addition, myself and many others are big fans of your musical style. Over the past year, this social application has shifted into the Open Beta stage of development, where it is now open to the public. With the service being completely free, millions of registered users are exposed to interactive advertising all the time, whether it be through sponsored 3D, interactive spaces, purchasable items or video playback in-Home.

This letter is meant to address a possible advertising opportunity for your business. Cafe' Del Mar's atmosphere and music is, without a doubt, one of a kind and creates a truly unique, soothing experience. Well, I have come up with a rough concept that will not only help you to advertise your music and business, but bring your unique branding to a large platform, where it can be experienced by a new generation of individuals. This concept is for a new public space in PlayStation Home, one that creates a mellow, incredibly relaxing atmosphere, with a modern cafe' setting where users of the Home service can relax to the sounds of Cafe' Del Mar and just chat, or maybe even get a virtual massage in the process.

I've gone ahead and posted up the full concept HERE for your viewing pleasure, along with the type of music that would resonate throughout the space. The PlayStation Network has upwards of over 30 million users registered, which means the possibility for heavy exposure is definitely there. Users on the PlayStation Home General Discussion Forums seem to be backing the idea and are showing some relatively decent support for it. There are a number of Home development teams that could work with you to make this a reality, simply contact Sony for their full list of supported development teams. Hopefully you'll find this concept appealing and possibly consider putting a Cafe' Del mar branded space in PlayStation Home. I hope to hear from you soon and thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
                                                                                         [NAME OMITTED]

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dr-Mog

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Dr-Mog
Accepted Solution

Love this idea, its weird that you posted this....

Last night I got thinking about something that Home is missing, and I suddenly realised Home was missing a decent Café, but I was thinking more along the lines of something to blend in with the whole European feel Home Square and Europe's affinity for the 'Café Culture'.

Something along the lines of a an area of Home Square being used as a little virtual internet Café, so for example think of the space where that super pointless Helicopter game is, or like the area where that water fountain thing is. You could have a small building there with seats inside and maybe a Café mini-game where you have to serve drinks and food like you do in the Sodium One bar, and that could have a scoreboard and such, and maybe you could unlock Home Square Internet Café clothing and items.

Just outside of the main Home Square Internet Café building you could have Café tables and chairs (because Home Square really does have that feeling).

Now the key point to this Home Square Internet Café is not just bringing Home Square something more interesting than that stupid Helicopter mini-game, but its also so you can access your web-browser with friends whilst in Home Square, just have Sony Vaio's on the Café tables. And the browser could have a splash page when you enter it to take you to key sites, maybe a mixture of the SCEE Blog and buttons to take you to sites like Youtube and Facebook?

And maybe the Café could have a theme change every business quarter? Maybe minimalist one quarter and 60's another quarter etc...

A feature like this in Home Square would really bring Home Square into its own, it really fits the whole look and intended feel of Home Square itself!

Anyways, as for your Café del Mar idea, LOVE IT! I am a big fan of the Café del Mar music collection, especially the Café del Mar Ibiza sunset music DVD, I can and HAVE watched/listened to that all the way through on MANY occasions.

Also your massage idea, that's pure genius! My batteries would be dead all the time xD

0 Kudos

Re: Public Space Concept: The Chill Lounge

Your request is being processed...

Suicide is a persons way of saying to God "You can't fire me.... I QUIT!!!

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ ¨˜”°º•Born a Mog, raised a Mog, Is a Mog!•º°”˜¨ ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FEZZZZZZY

88%
02 Rank
Progress
FEZZZZZZY
Accepted Solution

Starbucks will be all over this idea thay pop up everywere it would be cool if your avatar got a caffeine buzz and moved around home faster then got the lows and had to sit down for a rest

0 Kudos

photo fezgif4banner2_zps482605c8.gif

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dr-Mog

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Dr-Mog
Accepted Solution

Having a Starbucks space in the mall would make sense, Starbucks have taken over the rest of the world, they might as well take over the Home Mall too! xD

0 Kudos

Your request is being processed...

Suicide is a persons way of saying to God "You can't fire me.... I QUIT!!!

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ ¨˜”°º•Born a Mog, raised a Mog, Is a Mog!•º°”˜¨ ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel