92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Reporting

18 Replies 332 Views Created 19-08-2012
I am not being funny right but I reported for freezinf in Home square and I still managed to get frozen. Not only that but the person doing it is unlikely to get in any trouble.

Freezers deserve a perm ban and if they consist to freeze on their IP then get rid of them. Or maybe its a worry about losing sales figures.

It is beyond annoying now. Why have mods of they are never around?

Rant over
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

ryanwyn

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ryanwyn
Accepted Solution

Thought it was just mine that was frozen I don't see why they feel the need to freeze its just pathetic suppose it makes them feel like a god though :smileyfrustrated:

0 Kudos

Re: Reporting

/16

OoO-avatar-OoO

83%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
OoO-avatar-OoO
Accepted Solution

I have to admit that the freezing seems to be increasing again.  It did die down after the supposed patch a few weeks ago, and for a while freezing in a public space seemed a thing of the past, but these past few days it has returned with a vengeance.  I’ve frozen at least three times today already, and the day is still young.

0 Kudos

/16

ryanwyn

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ryanwyn
Accepted Solution
it seems that they have yet again found another way around the patch to be annoying little *****s again
0 Kudos

/16

fly123

92%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fly123
Accepted Solution
We need a mirror-feature, we can use against the freezers, so they freeze them self. Lol
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

fly123 wrote:
We need a mirror-feature, we can use against the freezers, so they freeze them self. Lol

Yes, but then the mirror will be perma-banned for freezing people and we'll be back to square one.

0 Kudos

/16

fly123

92%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fly123
Accepted Solution
Oh.. :( yeah you right GoodBytes.
0 Kudos

/16

pinkflutterby

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pinkflutterby
Accepted Solution

This morning I was about to look in the shops (the space that everyone just HAS to stand on the water), someone typed in "Just go away", and then I froze, a complete freeze. My console had to go through the usual checks of the drive etc.

Very strange when that line of chat appears and then I freeze.(Taken note of the name, so I can quickly leave a space if I see it again)

Just how can you report someone when you get frozen out of Home, it's not like seeing someone disrupting a game and then reporting?

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

llfezll

• Award Winner
93%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
llfezll
Accepted Solution
U can report them by Sony site, there is a report form, but I don't know how much is useful that..
0 Kudos

/16

xElfenLied

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied
Accepted Solution
There's no point in reporting these people. Every time I see well known freezers, I'll report them as soon as I see them, because I know they do it all the time, and half of the time I got frozen anyway, because hey I was right.
But yeah, I still see these people around, so Sony clearly don't ban the right people.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

llfezll

• Award Winner
93%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
llfezll
Accepted Solution
They are customers like you, Sony get their money too ;)
0 Kudos

/16

xElfenLied

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied
Accepted Solution
But I don't spend any money, I give users that come up and abuse a fair bit of abuse back, and I haven't received a ban on the PS3 for God knows how long. Maybe a year or 2?
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

llfezll

• Award Winner
93%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
llfezll
Accepted Solution
w/ "you" I was mean "all other people"

Don't u spend money? One day - maybe - yes. For Sony this hope is enough
0 Kudos

/16

Sarikins

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sarikins
Accepted Solution

Just the other day I dressed as a box out of boredom and ran about asking these idiot fams to become their mascot, next thing I know I recieved a weeks ban, so I called up Sony and utterly perplexed as to why I got the ban I asked them.

In which they told me they couldnt tell me what I had done but it was along the lines of "hate speech" as you all know I havent been so vocal lately due to not wanting to get a ban and losing my game saves for a week, month etc.(Been playing a lot of games)

YET those who freeze dont get a ban at all and can run around with the new clear cache merge (which isnt new its very old) and nothing happens.

They can't do the merge with android anymore because Sony listened to Shenmue182 and changed the coding but they are using the reaper etc. Change the coding on them all and take away the freeze altogether.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

llfezll

• Award Winner
93%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
llfezll
Accepted Solution
I know how prevent freezes but Sony don't make the patch that I advised, because is a core fix, not a simple patch of a cloth...
0 Kudos

/16

ryanwyn

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ryanwyn
Accepted Solution
no hope for us then -_- i know its only home but i would to go there and actually not freeze for once if u put an iq test on the start up screen guarentee u they wouldnt get on home just my thought anyway
0 Kudos

/16

Sarikins

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sarikins
Accepted Solution

ryanwyn wrote:
no hope for us then -_- i know its only home but i would to go there and actually not freeze for once if u put an iq test on the start up screen guarentee u they wouldnt get on home just my thought anyway

Actually a good idea. At least it would deter the kids on school holidays.

0 Kudos

/16

PipenAinEU

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PipenAinEU
Accepted Solution

Often those that threaten a freeze are using intimidation based on a known exploit, not based on their actual abilities. Its like someone claiming to be suicidal, if you really have that as a goal then youd be dead not complaining about depression.

A true freezer would target you silently, not walk around boasting. Also, random errors are also part of the source of the problems too im sure. Lastly, not all merged outfits freeze, and its certainly not an automatic assumption that just because you see a merge that a freeze is emminent.

Reporting people on sight may be a risk to your account without valid reasoning and evidence, for abusing the report system. Good luck with that, personally the rare issue is worth tolerating to enjoy home.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

xElfenLied

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied
Accepted Solution

PipenAinEU wrote:

Often those that threaten a freeze are using intimidation based on a known exploit, not based on their actual abilities. Its like someone claiming to be suicidal, if you really have that as a goal then youd be dead not complaining about depression.

A true freezer would target you silently, not walk around boasting. Also, random errors are also part of the source of the problems too im sure. Lastly, not all merged outfits freeze, and its certainly not an automatic assumption that just because you see a merge that a freeze is emminent.

You'd be surprised.
It actually happens, so I'm not sure what goes down in your land of fairytales.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel