TUCKA4EVA

95%
04 Rank
Progress

Slay is slaying me!

133 Replies 10,514 Views Created 06-06-2012
06 Jun 2012
By TUCKA4EVA

anyone no any tips or out to beat this thing i understand how to play etc. just as am about to dominate the board the computer takes everything in one swipe? but i can only move 1 spot and take over a spot at a time. them turrets or anit air are naff dnt even do anything they just sit there. 

This is the only thing i have left to do and its really annoyin been trying since 8pm :(

cheers

Tucka

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ankovmovtov

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Ankovmovtov
Accepted Solution

Well the demo looks nice from what I've seen of it, unfortunately I get spawn-killed every time. I'm not good at multiplayer shooters and there's plenty of hardcore shooter players doing the game right now. :(

0 Kudos

Re: Slay is slaying me!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BEYOND-14

48%
02 Rank
Progress
BEYOND-14
Accepted Solution

Ankovmovtov wrote:

Well the demo looks nice from what I've seen of it, unfortunately I get spawn-killed every time. I'm not good at multiplayer shooters and there's plenty of hardcore shooter players doing the game right now. :(

Well, the spawn killing is definitely not your fault, nor does it reflect your skills. Even the most hardcore players get spawn killed sometimes.
I'm sure they'll take notice to it and see what they can do hopefully.

Oh well, I'd just say keep practising:smileywink:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TGMMVII

85%
05 Rank
Progress
TGMMVII
Accepted Solution

Snozzlenut escreveu:
I've never enjoyed tactic games and this has only served to make me hate them more. No patience for it and keep getting wiped out by whatever CPU remains.
Not sure my PS3 will survive me trying it again. It makes me want to catapult it into the sun so it can never hurt me again.
The space is quite nice though :smileywink:

I ROFL'd at that because I couldn't put it in other words better than that :Lol:

I agree :smileylol: 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
 photo Harbour Studio 130315.4.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ACE-_-X__

26%
02 Rank
Progress
ACE-_-X__
Accepted Solution

This is the worst way to give out beta keys ever! How do they expect shooter fans, that are genuinly interrested in playing the beta, to play that toss strategy game? It's like a pimp, saying "Oh, you wanna get with this sexy woman? Then first shag this 70 year old, fat dude up the hairy bum."

Should be a great beta testing crew too, consiting entirely of strategy board game nerds. LMFAO!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Furys-embrace

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

ACE-_-X__ wrote:

This is the worst way to give out beta keys ever! How do they expect shooter fans, that are genuinly interrested in playing the beta, to play that toss strategy game? It's like a pimp, saying "Oh, you wanna get with this sexy woman? Then first shag this 70 year old, fat dude up the hairy bum."

Should be a great beta testing crew too, consiting entirely of strategy board game nerds. LMFAO!!

LOL nice anaI-ogy there Ace. Very true too ^^

I played this rubbish for all of 3 mins then decided not to waste any more time on it. Games on home just fail, the sooner sony realise this the better and dangling carrots like this in the noses of REAL gamers just causes animosity and stress.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BEYOND-14

48%
02 Rank
Progress
BEYOND-14
Accepted Solution

Ahh. Damn. Someone told me about an easy "glitch" and I went to see if it actually worked during a break from Slay and it did. I was left with a code, now activated. Now I feel guilty and felt like I didnt earn it, even though I didn't directly intend to "glitch." Ahh, guide me, what should I do? Reassure me, please!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

VitalogyPJ

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
VitalogyPJ
Accepted Solution

BEYOND-14 escreveu:

Ahh. Damn. Someone told me about an easy "glitch" and I went to see if it actually worked during a break from Slay and it did. I was left with a code, now activated. Now I feel guilty and felt like I didnt earn it, even though I didn't directly intend to "glitch." Ahh, guide me, what should I do? Reassure me, please!

haha you serious man?  :Lol:

I have played the beta already and didn't liked so I could care less with the key, the only thing I was after was the home stuff but like I said before I'm not gona waste hours in that stupid game having all CPU against me. I'm all in favour of AI but you have:

- easy

- normal

- hard

- very hard

- extreme

- chuck norris

- Slay

So, I'll pass it I guess. Unless I find a glitch too HAHA

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Retro_1973

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

VitalogyPJ wrote:

I'm all in favour of AI but you have:

- easy

- normal

- hard

- very hard

- extreme

- chuck norris

- Slay

:D :D :D

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BEYOND-14

48%
02 Rank
Progress
BEYOND-14
Accepted Solution

VitalogyPJ wrote:

BEYOND-14 escreveu:

haha you serious man?  :Lol:

I have played the beta already and didn't liked so I could care less with the key, the only thing I was after was the home stuff but like I said before I'm not gona waste hours in that stupid game having all CPU against me. I'm all in favour of AI but you have:

- easy

- normal

- hard

- very hard

- extreme

- chuck norris

- Slay

So, I'll pass it I guess. Unless I find a glitch too HAHA

Heh, Yeah, I let my moral side get to me. I can feel guilt so easily. Gah. I'm just generally so OCD about doing morally bad things. Oh well, I actually did get close, I once had about 50-60% of the map covered,I just eventually made some bad choices and slowly lost it all. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ankovmovtov

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Ankovmovtov
Accepted Solution

Second time playing. I slew all the other empires. Now I've got a male suit (too bad my avatar is female but oh well...) and a game that is downloading on the background. I'm very curious to see the companion!

I found that cutting other empires off and holding the bottlenecks with just one strong unit works really well. Oh and you can get other empires to go bankrupt by tempting them with a tank (but knowing they can never afford the best unit's salary). They will destroy the tank by building the best unit, and go bankrupt themselves.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

sam_reynolds01

• Award Winner
95%
08 Rank
Progress
sam_reynolds01
Accepted Solution
The outfit is pretty nice, I got mine the other day with luck :D

Don't worry beyond, I would say that easy method is more of a bug rather than a glitch. ;)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
23%
02 Rank
Progress
XxINFAMOUSxXKING
Accepted Solution
How did you do this glitch can you please tell me clearly.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bennyhall

68%
02 Rank
Progress
bennyhall
Accepted Solution

Just got my key so still available for anyone trying.

I used the second from top left map.
Early game tried to link up and have one starting point and pushed from bottom left to bottom right.
(Middle right there is a 1 square choke)
now they couldnt surround me just worked slow up the map and one after going bankrupt and nearly losing it all,
You may need 1 level 3 unit to kill there level 2's just try not have more than 2 or you might lose it all

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bennyhall

68%
02 Rank
Progress
bennyhall
Accepted Solution

ooo yeah and kill there ambushers on your squares preventing you getting income from the square!!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hjm50

90%
04 Rank
Progress
hjm50
Accepted Solution

This is a really annoying minigame, I'd rather get someone to do it for me and give me the code.

0 Kudos

Signiture here

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Snozzlenut

97%
07 Rank
Progress
Snozzlenut
Accepted Solution
I won! Muahaha! Victory at last! Shame the outfit is male only. Time for my avatar to get a sex change. I worked too hard to not wear the damn thing.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

sam_reynolds01

• Award Winner
95%
08 Rank
Progress
sam_reynolds01
Accepted Solution
The truth is you don't actually have to win to get a beta key, just finish the game and watch the 4 vids in the recruitment area.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ACE-_-X__

26%
02 Rank
Progress
ACE-_-X__
Accepted Solution

Thanks Sam! Awesome, I just spammed my turns away with L1 and got the beta key at the vid screens.

I didn't care about the Home outfit anyway, so that bit of info saved me hours of work.  8)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gnu247

94%
06 Rank
Progress
gnu247
Accepted Solution

ah I've finally nailed it,

those turrets you can lay down with O. Spam them (zero wages). around your areas and just use lvl 1 troops. It takes a level 3 to knock turrets out  so if the comp tries it early on they'll go bankrupt so they leave you alone, and if they start doing it late game then you can cut them off using the bare minimum of troops and watch them go pop leaving them poor again.

Ending up with 2-300 spare cash at the end of a game this way, so even if you do get one large opponent left you can steamroller em with troops. :Evil:

Odd AI on this game. Monstrously tough if you fight it head on, if you leave it alone it falls hook line and sinker for the same strategy it uses to win.

also if we don't get an event horizon appartment out of completing all 20 maps of torture then I'm gonna be a mite cheesed off

0 Kudos

"They mostly come at night..............mostly"

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Orla-Ireland

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Orla-Ireland
Accepted Solution

Oh my! Oh MY! This game! This game is so annoying and brain confusing! It takes an mastermind to understand the instructions, I'm missing some bits of hair because I've yanked so much out in anger and rage! I don't really need the beta code, I've had one for a long time, but GRRRRRRRR... This game is even more harder than Demon Souls or Dark Souls, I'm not even joking, its just a big whack of pixels that just does not want to be understood. I've taken 4 hours.. 4.. to try and learn how to play this, I've asked over 15 random people, looked at the instructions over 30 times, but nope..

THIS

GAME..

IS SELF

AWARE!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gnu247

94%
06 Rank
Progress
gnu247
Accepted Solution

if it helps it's a ripoff of slay for windows 98 (hope the designer got paid for the use lol)

google windows slay strategy and it's the same game, albeit with space marines instead of warriors, and terrorists instead of trees

0 Kudos

"They mostly come at night..............mostly"
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel