95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Slay is slaying me!

133 Replies 10,430 Views Created 06-06-2012

anyone no any tips or out to beat this thing i understand how to play etc. just as am about to dominate the board the computer takes everything in one swipe? but i can only move 1 spot and take over a spot at a time. them turrets or anit air are naff dnt even do anything they just sit there. 

This is the only thing i have left to do and its really annoyin been trying since 8pm :(

cheers

Tucka

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

loonytoon1982

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
loonytoon1982
Accepted Solution
Finally beat it!
0 Kudos

Re: Slay is slaying me!

---------------------------

/16

Ultra_Commando

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ultra_Commando
Accepted Solution
I think most people must be playing this the wrong way.
As, gnu247 said, the ai is ferocious if you take it head on, but it is easily beaten if you just cut them off from their forts.

If anything, I would say those with the biggest guns have the highest disadvantage, as they are so easy to cut off and force into bankruptcy. Stick with your level 1's and 2's, maybe have the odd level 3. Focus on cutting your opponents off rather than taking them on and make sure you take full advantage of your funds.
You will easily overwhelm the ai.

Also, gnu, looney, congratz on your wins. :)
0 Kudos

/16

Retro_1973

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

Ultra_Commando wrote:
As, gnu247 said, the ai is ferocious if you take it head on, but it is easily beaten if you just cut them off from their forts.

If anything, I would say those with the biggest guns have the highest disadvantage, as they are so easy to cut off and force into bankruptcy. Stick with your level 1's and 2's, maybe have the odd level 3. Focus on cutting your opponents off rather than taking them on and make sure you take full advantage of your funds.

Yeah, this is definitely the way to win the war. :)

Still really hoping one of those other 3 challenges is not beat all 20 maps though! :smileysurprised:

0 Kudos

/16

Snozzlenut

96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Snozzlenut
Accepted Solution
Ultra_Commando wrote:

This is how I finally managed to win it. Stopped buying endless turrets/guns and just focused on the soliders taking everyone on a little bit at a time.

I did it on the second map, without really knowing what I was doing I suddenly ended up having taken over the whole bottom area and a small little corner at the top. Then just swooped in and took down the rest.

Retro_1973 wrote:

Still really hoping one of those other 3 challenges is not beat all 20 maps though! :smileysurprised:

Oh gawd, I bet it will be. There is no way I'll be able to do that, and yet I know I'll dedicated too much time to trying anyway.

0 Kudos

/16

Ultra_Commando

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ultra_Commando
Accepted Solution
@Retro: Even if it's not part of the challenges, I hope there is something for beating all 20 maps. As gnu247 said earlier, an appartment would be pretty nice. :)

@Snozzlenut: I wouldn't worry too much, even if you do have to beat all 20. After your first win, it just becomes so easy. :P
The only issue would be the time it takes to beat a match, it usually takes me 20 to 30 minuites.
I've managed to beat 7 maps now.

(Sorry for the @User.. thing, I forgot how to quote. :P )
0 Kudos

/16

Seibitsu

99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seibitsu
Accepted Solution
I recommend this:
-If an enemy base has a simple soldier and you don't want it to get to your territory, just build a castle, they don't need maintenance.
-If an enemy has a powerful unit, try to create at least 1 with equal power to stop it entering your territory.
-To kill powerful enemies faster, just make their bases smaller; they will run out of funds and will destroy themselves.
0 Kudos

/16

Retro_1973

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

Well, the week 2 challenge is up now so lets do it all again for the second outfit! :(

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

Retro_1973 wrote:

Well, the week 2 challenge is up now so lets do it all again for the second outfit! :(

:smileysurprised: I've not even had time to figure out how to play the first one yet. I hate being behind :smileysad:

0 Kudos

/16

Ultra_Commando

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ultra_Commando
Accepted Solution
It's not so bad. :P
I just won my second drop suit. The challenge is the same as last week, "Win a game of Slay".

As far as winning the suits is concerned, it seems like completing all the maps is optional.
0 Kudos

/16

Retro_1973

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

Ultra_Commando wrote:
...it seems like completing all the maps is optional.

Praise the Lord! lol

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

Just tried to play this game again but its still bugged. Either that or I'm doing it wrong.

I read the instructions which gave me the jist of what the goal is but it didnt say how to do it.

So can someone please tell me the controls. So far it will only let me end my turn. Every hexagon has a red outline with a red dot in the middle when I select it. The instructions say im the ones with the white outline, but even when I hover over them the red one comes up. Pressing X to select dosent do anything.

The only options I have are:

Move, (X) Select, (O) Cancel, (L1) End Turn, (R1) Next Captial, (R)Next Unit, (L2 R) Zoom.

L1 & R1 work fine. Nothing else.

EDIT:

Ok I was told to try pressing square, which made a robot thing come up. I stuck him somewhere then did the same on another white cell. From what I figure I can only move the robot man once per turn. But then on some turns I cant move him at all and others i can only move him to a cell thats already white. Mean while my white squares are shrinking as the other guys go where ever they like.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

loonytoon1982

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
loonytoon1982
Accepted Solution
Took me about an hour or two to get the 2nd outfit, sure as hell beats days on end.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

loonytoon1982

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
loonytoon1982
Accepted Solution

GoodBytes wrote:

The only options I have are:

Move, (X) Select, (O) Cancel, (L1) End Turn, (R1) Next Captial, (R)Next Unit, (L2 R) Zoom.

L1 & R1 work fine. Nothing else.

If there's a blue highlight around a hexagon, you press square to create a new soldier and place it. If there's a solider on the surrounding hexagons from the others then it wont place. Start trying to connect white ones together by moving/creating but also be sure to clear up when terrorists appear.

It's difficult until you figure out how to play it, after that you just have to play it with some tact.

0 Kudos

/16

Ultra_Commando

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ultra_Commando
Accepted Solution
Every hexagon has the cursor over them? That is odd..

Anyway, go over to one of the white hexagons with a fort, select it with the x button, then if you have 2 or more hexagons connected, press the Square button. This should allow you to create a soldier.
Now, simply place that soldier on one of the surrounding hexagons.

If that doesn't work, I guess it's gotta be bugged.
0 Kudos

/16

xXCandyMan342Xx

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xXCandyMan342Xx
Accepted Solution

For those that missed the 1st week challenge, don't panic just yet, surely the challenges will cycle everyweek, hopefully

0 Kudos

/16

Snozzlenut

96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Snozzlenut
Accepted Solution

Retro_1973 wrote:

Already? I'd better get on that later. Is it still Male only outfits? 

0 Kudos

/16

Retro_1973

98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

Snozzlenut wrote:

Retro_1973 wrote:

Yes, musky manly dropsuits only. ;)

0 Kudos

/16

Snozzlenut

96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Snozzlenut
Accepted Solution

Retro_1973 wrote:

Snozzlenut wrote:

Retro_1973 wrote:

Yes, musky manly dropsuits only. ;)

Damn! Oh well, I'll just pimp out my manlyness! If men can be women then I can be a bloke and get my ridiculous male avatar poses out.

0 Kudos

/16

OoO-avatar-OoO

83%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
OoO-avatar-OoO
Accepted Solution

Ultra_Commando wrote:

This is the best strategy for this game.  Worked for me like a charm.  The AI is good at offense, but not very good at defense.  You can put down 9 lvl 1’s for every lvl 3 the AI cranks out and use them to cut the AI off from their base.  Using nothing but lvl 1’s and a few lvl 2’s that you will need to break through bases, you can easily cut the AI’s lvl 3’s and 4’s from their income sources and render them useless.  And use the turrets for your defense as they do not require wages to support and force the enemy to crank out a lvl 3 to take down.

0 Kudos

/16

gnu247

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gnu247
Accepted Solution

lol I've done the top row but the maps are starting to take a REALLY long time to beat now. Only just realised they get bigger as you go on. :smileysad:

Numbers 12 and 13 just took me how ever long it was since my last post to beat

*edit (sooo about 3 or 4 hours then  :smileyindifferent:)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

"They mostly come at night..............mostly"
/16

OoO-avatar-OoO

83%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
OoO-avatar-OoO
Accepted Solution

The NA forums have some great tips for excelling at this game.  I have compiled some of most helpful ones here:

Someone was also nice enough to post a pic of the 2nd drop suit for those that are interested.

week2DS_F.jpgweek2DS_B.jpg

- If there are terrorists in an isolated area you don't need, leave them there instead of killing them and taking the land.  The AI for the enemies isn't that great, they ignore terrorists and will advance on those spaces.  The terrorists will multiply and spread to their spaces, locking off cash and their movement.  I did this and essentially made a wall in an area of terrorists that the enemy wouldn't move through.

- When you have the enemy surrounded with 2 hexagons left, do not use the level 2 mech to take out the base. Use it to take out the one next to it instead. If you use it to take out the base, the base will move to the one next to it, and you'll need another level 2 mech to take out that base as well. If you use the level 2 mech to take out the hexagon next to the base first, the base will crumble and you can use the level 1 soldier to take out the base.

- Only make tanks when absolutely necessary. It's more important to save money to make a massive amount of soldiers to eat up land. You never need a mech either.

- Sometimes it's more important to defend narrow connections than take new land. You do not want the AI cutting your land in sections. Also, do not underestimate small bases near your weak points. Sometimes they'll have a surprise attack that cripples you.

- Eliminating terrorists in your land takes top priority over everything else. Ignoring them for a few turns can lead to them overwhelming you.

- It's way easier to kill the enemies' troops by cutting off their connection to their respective bases. Don't worry about one-on-one combat most of the time. You can kill several troops in one turn with one well-placed soldier.

- Just keep building lots of soldiers to gobble up territory and overwhelm the AI. Then double them up to take the bases. It doesn't hurt to drop down a few turrets to protect your lines as well. The most powerful attackers are way too expensive and are completely unnecessary to beat the AI

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel