PlayStation®3

PlayStation®Home

PlayStation®Home

25 Feb 2009
By: TedTheDog Member 689 Posts
Level 3

Streaming video test

96 Replies 8634 Views Created 25-02-2009
Our video streaming is now working and we'd like to see what your experience of it is like.
We've chosen one large video to try it on and its therefore something you would previously spend quite a bit of time downloading before being able to watch it. It should start much sooner now.

We have converted "the dreaming" by Anthony Green in the Shoot! series of films available in the Theatre. Go into the theatre and turn right and its on the right in that wing.

For comparison the Other Shoot! videos require you to download the whole film before watching.

Please offer your feedback here
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 97 (8,634 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Streaming video test

Will do ted thanks

60GB PS3
23-March-2007 to 22-June-2009
"I told you I was sick"

Goodbye old friend we had some great times together.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 97 (8,613 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Seems to be running without any problems from what I can tell.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 97 (8,583 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]
Ok i'll go test it in a minute. Thanks for letting us know. :smileyhappy:
Also, i can't wait to see the Underground Home Square *Hint hint*. :smileytongue:

EDIT: Works perfectly, everything loaded instantly (Even though I have a slow internet connection) and it didn't even pause once while watching it. :smileyhappy:
Also, I like the new true fullscreen option and display menu by pressing square. Now Ted, you need to do this to all the videos in Home. :Thumbs:
Message Edited by BAZ1307 on 25-02-2009 05:34 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 97 (8,576 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

sorry ted but home isnt worth logging into especially not for a shoot film
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 97 (8,542 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]
wow, thats so much better,  and really like the option to zoom in ( twice ) so can be viewed wide screen,  was a little pixalated especially  the words on screen , tried changing settings on tv + pc to make it clearer, no joy there , but overall  really impressed , no lag whilst viewing to report, buffering for 1-2secs only,    thanks MB
Message Edited by DangerNeddy on 25-02-2009 05:46 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 97 (8,529 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

all fine here it doesnt even have to buffer unlike most videos i watch on the net.

p.s. the skip functions and fast forward/rewind functions dont seem to work

Message Edited by kathead on 25-02-2009 05:43 PM
”www.alphazone4.co.uk”
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 97 (8,516 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

DangerNeddy wrote:
wow, thats so much better,  and really like the option to zoom in ( twice ) so can be viewed wide screen,  was a little pixalated especially  the words on screen , tried changing settings on tv + pc to make it clearer, no joy there , but overall  really impressed ,  thanks MB

Was just going to add that but I never knew what quality the film was originally.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 97 (8,510 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

ted just to ask is this a test so that if all is well we will be able to rent movies from the cinema to watch or is it just for shoot because shoot is just boring and pointless the whole shoot forum has been at 226 views for months
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 97 (8,497 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

much much better :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 97 (8,489 Views)
0 Kudos