Ricz1000

89%
05 Rank
Progress

The Playstation Home Suggestion Box!

302 Replies 4,072 Views Created 30-11-2008
30 Nov 2008
By Ricz1000
Post your suggestions here, realistic serious ones or just plain silly ones!

I want to see a feature that allows fighting :P
0 Kudos
LABELS:
3969.png
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Zaiyan

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Zaiyan
Accepted Solution

IMPROVEMENT LIST

• More avatar customization (Facial Hair, Gloves, Facial Enhancement, Acne/scars and dry skin even!!)
  • Better Animations
  • Allow yourself to change your body language and stance - i dont sit straight with my hands together, i sit back, slouched down with my legs stretched out Sony! I also slouch when i walk
  • Lesser load times, sometime i have to race to different places!
  • The user interface is really good, but it could easily be better - although it isnt high priority
  • More Dance moves
  • More macro text
  • Visible, Active Moderators with a specific symbol above their name to identify.
  • Facial expression (which is the same as Better Animations really)
  • More content, which will obviously come
  • Bigger wardrobe, seriously the amount of hair and stuff - i dont feel like its a virtual me, im sort of overweight and i set it like that, but when i put on a vest im all toned and skinny. It all looks disorientated.

I know this has nothing to do with Home, but it would vasly improve loading times on the XMB and cause fewer crashes.

• Cache the whole XMB bar to the PS3 HDD; logos; icons; text; sounds

I have to wait for the whole XMB to load everytime i go into ingame XMB, and sometimes when the Home Square is loading, i have to go into XMB to check a newly recieved message - i know RAM is an issue sometimes, and this is one of them times.

Ultimately, i feel caching the majority of the XMB will decrease lag and loading times, ingame.

0 Kudos

Re: The Playstation Home Suggestion Box!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fightergirl

60%
02 Rank
Progress
fightergirl
Accepted Solution

Zaiyan wrote:

IMPROVEMENT LIST

• More avatar customization (Facial Hair, Gloves, Facial Enhancement, Acne/scars and dry skin even!!)
  • Bigger wardrobe, seriously the amount of hair and stuff - i dont feel like its a virtual me, im sort of overweight and i set it like that, but when i put on a vest im all toned and skinny. It all looks disorientated.

you should be able to put your height/weight in ......

Cafes, restaurants, parks (with swings 'n' things), club/disco,leisure activities (gym, swimming, ice-skating)

All probably suggested earlier in thread ...
0 Kudos

Everything I touch turns to ashes. Falls away, it falls away.
Everything I touch turns to ashes. It slips right through my hands

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ChrAWESOME

60%
02 Rank
Progress
ChrAWESOME
Accepted Solution
Way more hair styles, hats that keep your hair instead of shave it all off.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Skulburn

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Skulburn
Accepted Solution

Weather System!

Sony already has Life with PlayStation, which has locations and their weather, right?

Well just have like 8-9 preset weather settings for outdoor areas (apart from game areas, like farcry 2), when the location the player is registered from has snow, it appears to be snowing to them. if its raining in someone elses location, its raining to them. This way it can be a locally done thing, meaning less strain on servers. All the Home client has to do is connect with Life with PlayStation and collect the closest locations weather to the location the player registered with (Which happens when you sign up to PSN anyway)

Not a usefull thing, but it would be cool. Especially if snow/rain,etc collected on the ground.

Weather setting ideas:

Snow
Rain
Fog
Sunny
Thunder and Lighting

Windy (blowing leaves?)

At speciall occasions you could:

Christmas - lots of snow whatever the real weather is. Xmas trees decorated etc.

Halloween - Night time, pumpkins, etc glowing in the dark by candle.

Easter - Bunnies hopping around Home Centre. Eggs, etc.

Bonfire Night - Large fire in centre of central square. (Night)

Rememberance Day - TV Screens show related images/video about rememberance day. Large statue in the centre square.

I think things like this would really help Home become a community! 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheDarkMechanic

55%
02 Rank
Progress
TheDarkMechanic
Accepted Solution

I noticed recently that the rating at the top of the screen has changed to [C] when you enter certain areas.  This is fine and all, but this also seems to have stepped up the censorship.  It took me a while to figure out why every other person was saying "****o".  *****?  It drove me nuts one night.  After about the 100th instance of it in about half an hour, it occured to me.  They were trying to say "HELLO!"  I've been using a keyboard for weeks, so I almost never use the pre-set greetings anymore.  Now come on!  The Words: H e l l, B i t c h & D a m n" are ROUTINELY spoken on network TV during prime time.  They need to bring the rating back up to [T] and have such a description upon entering Home.

I've noticed that a LOT of people have "*****" appearing in their speech baloons.  I'm sure MOST of them aren't even aware that they're keying in offensive words.  If nothing else, they need to change the quick pic greeting form "HELLO." to "Hi there" or "Hi".

Also, when can we change the colors of our clothes?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sycosis

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Sycosis
Accepted Solution

I think all games should have queue system. It would make arranging games much easier, plus you can`t join more than one queue at a time.

Maybe, offer much more options on the pool type of game. There are about ten different games that can be played with spots & stripes. One table cold be designated as "winner stays on" & a record kept of highest string of wins. Which could lead to player of the month etc...

Knockout competitions/ leagues for bowling or pool. I think most people suffer from lack of funds which limits their experience.

What if competition tickets were sold from the store £1 each for ten people comps, winner takes all!!.

I agree with the night/day post

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

redblueice

51%
02 Rank
Progress
redblueice
Accepted Solution
I wanted a beard and I got one now, thank you Sony! That was fast! It was proably already in the works. Thanks though! my beard is awesome!
0 Kudos

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRUCE LEE: "BE CONCERNED WITH THE ENDS NOT THE MEANS.
MASTER YOUR OWN MANIPULATION BY FORCE"

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GODScoffin

42%
02 Rank
Progress
GODScoffin
Accepted Solution
i thought maybe friend levels
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

InsanityUK

88%
04 Rank
Progress
InsanityUK
Accepted Solution
More character customisation options for the face.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

martyn-smith

25%
02 Rank
Progress
martyn-smith
Accepted Solution
when in the movie theatres the zoom function should zoom in a lot more, it still only fills about half the screen
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Cerberus64

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Cerberus64
Accepted Solution
There's only one feature I'd like to see implemented in Home:

I WANT IT TO ACTUALLY WORK!!!

I've only had it for a few days and I think I've successfully managed to log on about 3 times - most of the time I get a message saying that there was an error when downloading content.

And the few times I have managed to get into Home I run around for a few minutes and then get summarily disconnected due to connection problems.

I have a 2Mb DSL connection that works fine for everything else so it has to be the Sony servers.

You would have thought that after all these delays that Sony would have at least magaged to get the basics right and actually made the thing stable before worrying about the content.

I am, to say the least, disappointed.

PS: Since the introduction of Home I've noticed that I can't check out my friends' Profiles (or mine for that matter) - the trophy icons just spin for ages and then it times out with an error. Come on Sony - put your hands in your pockets and fork out for some decent servers!
Message Edited by Cerberus64 on 30-11-2008 07:00 PM
Message Edited by Cerberus64 on 30-11-2008 07:01 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Zibob

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Zibob
Accepted Solution
[quote="Cerberus64]There's only one feature I'd like to see implemented in Home:

I've only had it for a few days and I think I've successfully managed to log on about 3 times - most of the time I get a message saying that there was an error when downloading content.

And the few times I have managed to get into Home I run around for a few minutes and then get summarily disconnected due to connection problems.

I have a 2Mb DSL connection that works fine for everything else so it has to be the Sony servers.

You would have thought that after all these delays that Sony would have at least magaged to get the basics right and actually made the thing stable before worrying about the content.

PS: Since the introduction of Home I've noticed that I can't check out my friends' Profiles (or mine for that matter) - the trophy icons just spin for ages and then it times out with an error. Come on Sony - put your hands in your pockets and fork out for some decent servers!
Message Edited by Cerberus64 on 30-11-2008 07:01 PM[/quote]
 The very reason for the beta being opened is so Sony could iron out issues like this. That is the whole purpose of a load test. Thaty want to see what happenes when a lot of people try to use the service together. If you repost this information in the correct topic it will reacch Sony quicker and they will be able to trace doen the problem and resolve it.
0 Kudos

Áit éigin os cionn an bhogha baistí.
Volo anaticulam cumminosam meam!

RoadCru

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Cerberus64

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Cerberus64
Accepted Solution
[quote]The very reason for the beta being opened is so Sony could iron out issues like this. That is the whole purpose of a load test. Thaty want to see what happenes when a lot of people try to use the service together. If you repost this information in the correct topic it will reacch Sony quicker and they will be able to trace doen the problem and resolve it.[/quote]

I'm sorry Zibob, I completely disagree with you on this - the closed beta should be about checking the features - not the function.

Sony announced not too long ago that they have 14 million active PSN accounts. This proves that they should be more than capable of hosting a service with a few hundred thousand people. After all, MMOs like World of Warcraft and Sony's own Everquest regularly host many more than Home. For them to release even a Beta that can't maintain a server connection is simply inexcuseable.

Other companies seem to have managed it. When Apple launched iTunes they used their experience of hosting their Movie Trailers site (which they didn't need to host but gave them proof of principal in delivering large quantities of data on demand) to ensure that they could cope with the huge demand that an on-line music store would create. Why can't Sony?
Message Edited by Cerberus64 on 30-11-2008 10:32 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Renze

• Award Winner
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Renze
Accepted Solution
This isn't the open beta. This is a closed beta load test.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Symonator

• Beta Tester
89%
09 Rank
Progress
Symonator
Accepted Solution

Cerberus64 wrote:
There's only one feature I'd like to see implemented in Home:

Message Edited by Cerberus64 on 30-11-2008 07:01 PM

isp
router?

can u send these details to me in pm please :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

enryjohn

60%
02 Rank
Progress
enryjohn
Accepted Solution

I would like to see a park where people could hang out. Like if it was rainy or something in real life, friends could go on the virtual park, which should be always sunny or maybe even snowing. Here we should be able to cycle, skate, run, water fights, and some simple sports. For the sports, simplified versions would be nice, it would distract me from the real elaborate sports games currently out.

IMO, a park would seem like a great addition to Home.

0 Kudos

You live and you learn until you learn how live.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ricz1000

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Ricz1000
Accepted Solution
Wow good ideas everyone :)
0 Kudos

3969.png

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

absadan

23%
02 Rank
Progress
absadan
Accepted Solution
i think that enryjohn has a point and it would be nice to see a park to relax and enjoy including an aray of activities like cycling or even sailing in a virtual lake that would be relaxing as well as other activities in the park
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DKhoji

60%
02 Rank
Progress
DKhoji
Accepted Solution
First of all, Sony should be a bit clearer about what Home is supposed to be. If you just log in you get the feeling it's something like Second Life, but it's actually much too limited for that. If you read the interviews with the dev team you see that they're actually planning for it to be a kind of meeting place for people setting up online game sessions etc, but that doesn't seem to be available at the moment. After so long in development I'd really expect to see a little more content -- some objects in the shops, more clothes choice, no silly restrictions like not being able to jump in the pool, things like that. It's all much too sterile and controlled -- if it's going to get popular it has to be more open.
0 Kudos

Betreff: The Playstation Home Suggestion Box!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Renze

• Award Winner
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Renze
Accepted Solution
@DKhoji:

The game content is there, it is just disabled for the load test. Patience.
0 Kudos

Re: Betreff: The Playstation Home Suggestion Box!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Aloon

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Aloon
Accepted Solution

So far, I've had no problems :)

On thing that either isn;t possilbe and I would like it, or more probably I just haven;t found out how to but.....

.... I'd like to be able to access the shared media on my PC and play it through home.

I watch most of the TV programs and movies on my PS3.

Launching the game I have in at the time and music would be nice too.

All in all, it's quite good fun, for the first hour and then you've done everything it gets a bit boring, converstations without a keyboard are hard work, but it's all good so far.

Lots of potential, it shoul be great :D

0 Kudos

Spectrum 48k, Atari ST, SNES, PC, PS1, PS2, PS3, probably xBox the way things are going with Sony, seriously, what exactly is going on at SCEI Towers?
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel