11 Oct 2012
Playstation Staff

To any Mod who can be bothered to answer...

103 Replies 703 Views Created 11-10-2012

I’d like a serious answer to a serious question.

None of the usual patronising/ condescending/ dismissive responses, please, because, as has been pointed out, it has all been said before.

My question is simply this;

Why are these Home Gang’s/ Fam’s tolerated? They make life on home a misery for everyone who comes into contact with them.

I could go on to whine about my experiences, but what’s the point, we’ve all had them.

Looking forward to, but not anticipating, a reasonable response.

------ Yer only too old when yer dead... Till then, bring it on! ------

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 104 (703 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: To any Mod who can be bothered to answer...

[ Edited ]

lol Mark love that tone an forthright straight to the point manner HOOH RAH SOLDIER!!.

I have a theory why that an countless other things are allowed here an if theres no change of direction in the next two weeks on another matter,i guess i'll be right again lol

Especially now with numbers dwindling an the majority thats left also being stuck in the ***** of single mindedness,such behaviours SHALL be tolerated and in some cases encorouged as,drama means audiences and returning customers for what is now a very stale product.

I`m sorry to say soldier but you must change the battleground to win that particular war,for in that war there is no deaths an the soldiers on the other side own the rights to your soldier status in the first place lol

EDIT: I did not even nearly swear so no idea what the stars are for..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 104 (681 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

MarkT120 wrote:

My question is simply this;

Why are these Home Gang’s/ Fam’s tolerated? They make life on home a misery for everyone who comes into contact with them.

If they are offending you or performing any sort of behaviour that is against the terms and conditions of the service then simply grief report them and they shall be dealt with by the Community team.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 104 (625 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I'm pretty sure they aren't tolerated but nobody is reporting them or the people reporting them are just as guilty as the gangs by giving abusive behaviour back.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 104 (598 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

with the greatest of respect, LordRoss, i know for a fact some of these amoeba's have been reported, and yet they still appear and hand out some of the most vile and disgusting abuse.

as an example, for the last two evenings, these miscreants heve appeared at scorpio's bar, with the sole intention of offending as many people as ( lol, i was gonna say humanly! ) possible.

i feel it is time the sony management became a little more pro active in ridding the "home community" of these low lives, rather than just leave it up to the members to police them.

it's fine if you have the confidence, but many simply freak and are unable to deal, especially when an individual is surrounded by 10 or 12 of them, a sight i witnessed in H Sq only a week or so ago.

------ Yer only too old when yer dead... Till then, bring it on! ------

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 104 (594 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

MarkT120 wrote:

with the greatest of respect, LordRoss, i know for a fact some of these amoeba's have been reported, and yet they still appear and hand out some of the most vile and disgusting abuse.

as an example, for the last two evenings, these miscreants heve appeared at scorpio's bar, with the sole intention of offending as many people as ( lol, i was gonna say humanly! ) possible.

i feel it is time the sony management became a little more pro active in ridding the "home community" of these low lives, rather than just leave it up to the members to police them.

it's fine if you have the confidence, but many simply freak and are unable to deal, especially when an individual is surrounded by 10 or 12 of them, a sight i witnessed in H Sq only a week or so ago.

I understand your frustration on coming across such users, however do keep to the mantra of Block, report and ignore.

You may feel it's not helping but if you and others continue to grief report them it will help crack down on their behaviour.  Even if it's a user you have previously reported some other week or day, if you find them being vile again, just grief report them again.

I know realistically that their is a chance these so called "gangs" wont take much notice of warnings or small length bans, which is why if we all keep reporting them for offensive behaviour we can ensure the accounts team will issue longer and longer term bans.

Obviously it is against the House Rules of the PlayStation Forum to name and shame users but you are more than welcome to provide me with a list of the offending users if you know their PSN IDs via PM and I will make sure the English Community Team add them all to our watch lists and to keep more of an active eye on these guys.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 104 (585 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

He's right. There needs to be more Mod-presence making examples of these greifers IN PUBLIC so they can see what will happen to them if they keep going. It's not a case of crying for mummy here, because Home is basically mob-rule ATM and shows a complete lack of care regarding the people who can't verbally defend themselves.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 104 (577 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

KrazyFace wrote:
He's right. There needs to be more Mod-presence making examples of these greifers IN PUBLIC so they can see what will happen to them if they keep going. It's not a case of crying for mummy here, because Home is basically mob-rule ATM and shows a complete lack of care regarding the people who can't verbally defend themselves.

Will encourage the rest of the English Community Team to show more presence on Home then whenever possible.

In your opinion, which places are the most offending places and times? I have my suspicions but it be nice to hear from you guys what you think as well, as often you lot have first hand experience with troublemakers.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 104 (564 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

LordRoss wrote:

KrazyFace wrote:

Will encourage the rest of the English Community Team to show more presence on Home then whenever possible.

In your opinion, which places are the most offending places and times? I have my suspicions but it be nice to hear from you guys what you think as well, as often you lot have first hand experience with troublemakers.

I'll be totally honest with you here Ross, I don't go into public space much anymore. When there's stuff to get or activities to do then yeah, sure, you'll see me out and about but I'd say about 90% of my time in Home is now spent with friends in personal spaces far away from the dip-sticks and trolls. I just really can't be bothered hearing/seeing it anymore.

Which is why EU Home gets VERY LITTLE OF MY MONEY; I can't shop from the Nav, and I don't wanna have to wade through bubbles of idiotic verbal fights to get to the stuff I want. So I just don't bother.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 104 (548 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

in my expirence home square is really badly infested with trolls that i now refuse to go there now

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 104 (535 Views)
0 Kudos