25 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

Unattended avatars at the chess tables on HOME - why won't Sony do anything about this please?

[ Edited ]
14 Replies 317 Views edited 25-06-2012

Look, I know I've mentioned this before some time ago, but if I could just understand what it is that's actually necessary for Sony Home developers to do in order that peoples' avatars are 'timed-out' when they leave them unattended at the chess tables; maybe I could live with it better when a chess table becomes unusable because there IS no 'timed-out' feature to prevent this from happening!

I've been told in the past that the number of people playing chess on Home is insignificant in the larger picture of gaming compared with the online subscription games provided by Sony & it is a free service, so 'be grateful for what you've got'!

If this is the case, then why have they recently brought out Pure Chess on The PSN Store for both PS3 & VITA, PS3 for £4.99 in Europe or $7.99 in Kindergarten Land & there are a few other chess programmes (I don't like the American spelling) there as well. 

Surely this shows Sony is aware of how important the game of chess is, so why won't they put this problem right on Home?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (317 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Unattended avatars at the chess tables on HOME - why won't Sony do anything about this please?

[ Edited ]

As a foot note:  I really resented it when they changed the environment on Home Square about six months ago from what it is normally - a bright & sunny day to at one point for a short period, an environment at dusk with buildings on fire & paving slabs misplaced etc., because not only had they not thought it through properly by making it so it was realistic with your avatar's silhouette shining on the chess table & didn't seem to realise you then couldn't see the damn piecies because OF said silhouette (& that reminds me, there's a similar problem with too much bloody shadow even now STILL, at the two chess tables on beer barrels in Adventure District); but also, because they did all that cosmetic facelift rubbish & then STILL didn't sort out all the chess glitches, including the one that's the topic of this thread!

WHY?!!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (296 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: Unattended avatars at the chess tables on HOME - why won't Sony do anything about this please?

You really like chess, don't you!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (294 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Retro_1973 wrote:

You really like chess, don't you!

Yes, I absolutely adore the game, I'm no bloody good at it and regularly get my arsed kicked thoroughly every day I go on there!

Infact, I believe my nickname is 'Unlogical'!

:Stupid:

Mind you, when I do win and if I win against someone who's good, it's almost better than sex!

:Lol:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (289 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I fully agree Home games like chess need a timeout period. The 1hour innactivity timeout is way to long when you want to play now and then but are unable to because someones asleep at the controls.

I enjoy a good game of chess to - I'll look out for you and maybe have a game when I'm on. I might even almost let you win :smileywink:

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Kudos". If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Remember to always backup your data.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (274 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

GoodBytes wrote:

I fully agree Home games like chess need a timeout period. The 1hour innactivity timeout is way to long when you want to play now and then but are unable to because someones asleep at the controls.

I enjoy a good game of chess to - I'll look out for you and maybe have a game when I'm on. I might even almost let you win :smileywink:

If you can get a game :smileytongue:

I agree, there's actually a few games like this on home that have no timeout. Something in my opinion needs looked into :smileyhappy: 

legendary vicki signature
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (247 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I abuse excessive timeouts :smileyvery-happy:
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (244 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

EdwCarnby wrote:

Nah you just take your sweet time trying to figure out which piece to move :smileytongue:

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Kudos". If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Remember to always backup your data.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (241 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

when I do win and if I win against someone who's good, it's almost better than sex!

Really?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (224 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

GoodBytes wrote:

EdwCarnby wrote:

Nah you just take your sweet time trying to figure out which piece to move :smileytongue:

Especially during Check :Devil:

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (222 Views)
0 Kudos