10 Dec 2010
Playstation Staff

What Happened to Free Realms?

5 Replies 1,544 Views Created 10-12-2010
If I remember correctly a ps3 version of Free Realms was due in summer of this year available through your xmb,I think it would have cut down the numbers of children on home and maybe a signal that Sony were thinking of making Home more adult orientated ie gambling games but Sony seem to have gone quiet over this project.Does anyone know if this will still be coming to the PS3 and if so when are we likely to see it?
Home Is Where The Heart Is
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (1,544 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: What Happened to Free Realms?

A Mac version was released last month. The game has been postponed a bunch of times since it was announced, but I remember reading a few months back that it was schedulled to the beginning of next year. But I can't find a confirmation anywhere.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (1,505 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Wouldn't surprise me if the PS3 version is on permanent delay..

The PC betas were fun I guess but it's more family and female friendly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (1,421 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

From: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/17/free-realms-ps3-due-sometime-early-feb-planetside-next-in-q1/

Sony Online Entertainment just did the impossible and launched an MMO on a console ... and it's got several more on the way in the near future. According to SOE president John Smedley, the long-awaited PS3 release of Free Realms has been submitted to Sony and will be out soon. "If I was a betting man," Smedley told Eurogamer, "I'm betting sometime early February it gets launched on the PS3 in SCEA. And probably, and this is a guess, sometime in March for SCEE. And that will use a free-to-play business model on PS3."

And that's not all! The Planetside sequel currently code-named Planetside Next is on the way to unspecified platforms. "We're looking at late first-quarter, early second-quarter [2011]," Smedley said. He even reaffirmed plans to release The Agency in the second half of 2011. "We're not giving out a specific date yet because we don't know it," he said. In addition to those, "There are [unannounced projects]," Smedley said. "Can't even disclose a number, but a lot."

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (1,318 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

was in the pc beta of free realms was fun but i wasnt hugely addicted but would be interested to see what the ps3 port is like

Vote & Nominate me in the 2010 Community awards come Jan the 21st for best newbie or helpful :smileyhappy:

Thanks everyone
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (1,285 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

According to a link I found on wikipedia its released March 11th lets hope Free Realms is free and gets it own forum segment and also lets hope itll be a success http://www.shopto.net/PS3/NEW%20RELEASES/PS3FR01-Free%20Realms.html
Home Is Where The Heart Is
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (1,205 Views)
0 Kudos