92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

When is Home up?

20 Replies 548 Views Created 12-09-2012

Would be nice if we could get some official note when Home is supposed to be up and running again.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Jesus died for somebodys sins, but not mine
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

loonytoon1982

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
loonytoon1982
Accepted Solution
There's never an official time as they don't set one. It's just up when it's ready to be up, sometimes early, sometimes really late but they don't know a time until it's ready.
0 Kudos

Re: When is Home up?

---------------------------

/16

s9358

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
s9358
Accepted Solution

Well, that's not exactly what I call service to the customers. Usual standard on all online games I played has been that they tell when it's playabel again. Think the boys at Sony need to learn something.

0 Kudos

/16

SYLAS80

91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SYLAS80
Accepted Solution

Seeing as there's a Home update + a core update, I'd give it to about 4.00pm/4.30pm GMT.... just my guess.  

0 Kudos

xElfenLied

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

s9358

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
s9358
Accepted Solution

Strange really that they can give a start/stop time for maintenance but not for updates. Think it's time for the people at Sony to go back to school and learn what good customer policy is.

0 Kudos

/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
Someone needs to make a "Is Home Up" program which checks the server :D if it's up a giant horn plays.
0 Kudos

/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

EdwCarnby wrote:
Someone needs to make a "Is Home Up" program which checks the server :D if it's up a giant horn plays.

Got a light on AZ4 that turns from red to green when Home is online. Will have to think about adding some sort of audio alert :D

0 Kudos

/16

xElfenLied

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied
Accepted Solution

s9358 wrote:

Strange really that they can give a start/stop time for maintenance but not for updates. Think it's time for the people at Sony to go back to school and learn what good customer policy is.

Do you know how long your music is going to download from iTunes? No.

Do you know how long it takes to upload your video to YouTube? No.

Please think before talking out your bum.

0 Kudos

/16

s9358

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
s9358
Accepted Solution

Well, I don't know what computer you use, but when I upload or download something I always get a little box telling me how much is left and sometimes also how long it will take. You are missing my point here, and maybe I didn't make myself perfectly clear.

But when you do an update, it is considered good customerpolicy to tell when it starts and when it ends. Not just say there will be an update and nothing more. Saying nothing about start/stop time is just for me a example of ignorant attitute towards their customers.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

s9358 wrote:

Well, I don't know what computer you use, but when I upload or download something I always get a little box telling me how much is left and sometimes also how long it will take. You are missing my point here, and maybe I didn't make myself perfectly clear.

But when you do an update, it is considered good customerpolicy to tell when it starts and when it ends. Not just say there will be an update and nothing more. Saying nothing about start/stop time is just for me a example of ignorant attitute towards their customers.

They did say when it starts. It's always the 1st line of the update announcement:

"PlayStation Home will briefly be offline from 8.00 a.m. on Wednesday 12th September for routine maintenance"

As for an end time, well they don't give one because they don't have one. More issues will arise if they say Home will be up at a certain time but ends up coming online a few hours later due to unforeseen issues implementing the changes. Sure internally they will have an estimated finish time, in fact its required as part of ITIL change management - but they don't have to disclose it because it will be bad customer policy to say one thing and don't follow through.

Find something else to do while you wait. SCE knows people are hanging to get online to fulfil their virtual lives and are working as hard as they can to deliver the update as fast as possible and with minimal problems which could impact customers later on (e.g. items missing when purchased).

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

The simple answer is they don't know when Home will be online. Especially with a core client update happening. A lot of testing goes on.

They could give a time. Then something goes wrong in the testing, and there is a delay. People complain coz the deadline was missed. Etc etc

Just have to be patient and wait. As much fun that is :)

0 Kudos

/16

Teesside-1979

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Teesside-1979
Accepted Solution

I went on PSH at 1600 but i got booted with D5021 network error it's full of Chavs Glitchers Perverts Hackers Trouble Makers & Ignorant people & Idiots now not like the good old days

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

Teesside-1979 wrote:

I went on PSH at 1600 but i got booted with D5021 network error it's full of Chavs Glitchers Perverts Hackers Trouble Makers & Ignorant people & Idiots now not like the good old days

Well that begs the question which one are you? And if you dislike it so much then why continue going on it and then moaning about it like an englishman (no offence to englishmen :p)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Tubifex90

85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tubifex90
Accepted Solution

Teesside-1979 schrieb:

Hmm what time exactly do you mean by "old days"? Because I remember back in the end of 2008 when Home became public beta, I went on Home and made a female avatar, a lot of guys were trying to chat me up on Home Square. So nothing changed about it. If you go to Home Square with an female avatar you will get many friend requests. This was in 2008 and it is now same lol.

0 Kudos

/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution

Teesside-1979 wrote:

And what does that have to do with the D errors, mate ??

Besides you're one to talk, you live on the advice of "if you can't beat 'em, join em"!

0 Kudos

xElfenLied

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xElfenLied
Accepted Solution

Teesside-1979 wrote:

No you didn't, because Home is still offline.

0 Kudos

/16

SYLAS80

91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SYLAS80
Accepted Solution

Teesside-1979 wrote:

With the new features of the core update, you'll be able to put anyone you don't want to associate with on ignore/block, & be happy in your own bubble of bliss  ;)

0 Kudos

lizziebear66

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lizziebear66
Accepted Solution
all he ever does is whinge whinge whinge ,,i have him blocked have done for months
its the best way ,is to block them and they cant annoy you anymore
if he doesnt like it ,then why the hells he still going on there
just beats me ,so it does
0 Kudos

/16

Wait-Jester-Sec

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wait-Jester-Sec
Accepted Solution

Teesside-1979 wrote:

If you dont like it then dont use it.  Insanity is doing / using something and expecting a different result.

Oh and Australians are not ignorant..(one of your previous posts) Thank you very much.....:smileymad:

You dont like home stop using it. i doubt you would be missed

0 Kudos

photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
Beta Tester
/16

Nakatsu_Hime

• Beta Tester
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nakatsu_Hime
Accepted Solution

Chavs, Glitchers, Perverts, Hackers, Trouble-Makers, Ignorant people & Idiots sounds like the clientèle of most pubs in Basildon anyway.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel