Problem Solved

View Original Post
13 Oct 2012
By s9358

s9358

92%
02 Rank
Progress

Why can't we get the greece house and yacht us has??

23 Replies 611 Views Created 13-10-2012
13 Oct 2012
By s9358

Can any dev give me a good explanation why we don't get the greek house and yacht? Got invited to them by a friend and i love both of them. And please, don't give me any of the usual legal and copyrights bs, I want a straight answer as to why we don't have them.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Jesus died for somebodys sins, but not mine
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
Its kinda funny that America gets a space depicting a resort in Europe yet people from UK and EU don't get it. :| I like these spaces esp. the villa.
0 Kudos

Re: Why can't we get the greece house and yacht us has??

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RPG-Wolf

92%
05 Rank
Progress
RPG-Wolf
Accepted Solution

Eventually SCEE thinks that we in Europe can visit such places easier in real life, whilst NA ....

No idea!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AMG999222

73%
05 Rank
Progress
AMG999222
Accepted Solution

Because I said so

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

s9358

92%
02 Rank
Progress
s9358
Accepted Solution

Yes it's surprising that they can. And whats more surprising is that several of the stores and games that both we and US has have more content in USA. Take Cutthroats for example, they have in that store both a bar and chairs. And the Ghostbusters store also has some small items I wouldn't mind having.

I whish some dev could answer here and give a good answer as to why there are so many things that could be moved here but isn't.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gnu247

94%
06 Rank
Progress
gnu247
Accepted Solution

surely it should be free to europeans

seeing as we've already paid for a good share of greek houses and yachts irl and had nothing to show for it as yet 

0 Kudos

"They mostly come at night..............mostly"

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fritches

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Fritches
Accepted Solution

Welcome to my question. 

When Thy/Alex was around I asked him about this and he gave me a very vague answer saying it's upto the developer which region it goes to.  To me that's not a good answer.

I say that depending on where in the world an Apartment is inspired from that region should get priority  of the space no matter what developer makes it.   VEEMEE did it right with The London Pub.

0 Kudos

Life is like a rollercoaster ... you've just got to choose the right one :)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Carla_Birch

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Carla_Birch
Accepted Solution
The spaces are made by SCEA, so it's up to SCEE to request that data from SCEA and to then get it ready for the SCEE region. But as you can guess SCEA can turn down that request also.

So its one of the folowing.
1) SCEE have not asked ( I think they did a long time ago)
2) SCEA told them no.
3) SCEA told them yes but due to all the coming and going within the SCEE Home team the passed year, with both managers and devs going/being replaced its got forgot/lost or plain they did not know about it.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

s9358

92%
02 Rank
Progress
s9358
Accepted Solution

Ty for the answer. So now I hope you add it it soon to Europe, and also add the stuff from the games both regions have but we lack.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KrazyFace

98%
08 Rank
Progress
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
I hate to break it to you S but I don't think you'll be seeing these spaces in EU. No only are they very old spaces, but they've been put into value pack bundles in the sales department. They're good packs for sure, for 10 dollars you get the space and all of the furniture made for it (and some clothing items too I think). However, in my observation, things that get bundled like that AND put into the sale category mean they won't be around for much longer. I think SCEA are gonna pull the plug on these spaces in the foreseeable future.

This is just my opinion of course, which could be WAY off!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

s9358

92%
02 Rank
Progress
s9358
Accepted Solution

If that is the case then it's sad, because they are very nice places from what I've seen. And there are so many other spaces they could pull the plug on instead.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

sam_reynolds01

• Award Winner
95%
08 Rank
Progress
sam_reynolds01
Accepted Solution

PalmTreePhoenix wrote:

Many of the spaces (i.e. like the Euro-inspired ones) available in NA will be making their way to the EU. Over the next few months I think you all will be very happy to see what's coming.

As always keep debating and sharing.

Cheers,

PTP

link

so there still might be a chance we'll be getting these.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

VargOdeskog

44%
02 Rank
Progress
VargOdeskog
Accepted Solution

I know you don't want to hear it, but probably is licensing. It's the reason for why most things are the way they are anymore, especially concerning Home, and almost definitely concerning inter-regional content.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PalmTreePhoenix

80%
02 Rank
Progress
PalmTreePhoenix
Accepted Solution

Hello All,

Yes, please don't give up hope.

At the moment, I have been told by the Home Team that there are a lot of new apartments and clubhouses (many of which you may have already seen in Home NA) coming to Home EU over the next few months.

There are some spaces that have certain aspects in them that require licenses and many of you know that can change dramatically per region and per country. There is a lot of re-development of the spaces in order to make it accessible in multiple languages and countries. This can be a very long and complicated process.

In the meantime, the Home Team is working to get the spaces that can be made more readily available to the SCEE community as soon as possible.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fritches

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Fritches
Accepted Solution

When you say months ... what does that mean ? 8 months - 36+ months ( Sony's version of "soon" ) ?

I would so love to meet the Home Team ... see mean it are just giving feeding us to make us happy and queit. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

s9358

92%
02 Rank
Progress
s9358
Accepted Solution

Palm, please don't give me that standard bs excuse oif licenses. Because I don't belive in them. And if they where true, why do we then have Loot tv wich can't be wieved in every country. And when it comes to small items such as for example Cuthroats bar, Tiki bar etc I think it's just down to laziness amongst the devs.

And why you are unable to set up a deal with Sony/Emi records who has a huge catalogue of both new and old artist and would gladly I'm shure say yes to a coopartion since they like all recordcompanies don't go so well thesedays is something I don't understand.

It surprises me a lot actually how little you devs seems to be working towards getting companies to offer things on home. Because home with it's thousands of active people who buys stuff, plays game and so on is nothing bout a goldmine for every company.

I don't doubt for a second that companies like Coca-Cola, M&M, Levis, Ikea to name a few would love to be here and offer us stuff we might go out and buy irl.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RPG-Wolf

92%
05 Rank
Progress
RPG-Wolf
Accepted Solution

@ s9358

Since Redbull left Home I've lost the hope to see potent supporters like Coke, etc. on Home.

Me thinks that it isn't that Sony does not try to contact big companies to take part in Home to place ads in a different kind of way. 

See it the other way round, Sony can't convince them to join, be it lack of attraction Home has at the mo, be it they can't offer a long lasting perspective, cause Home may not be supported by PS4.

Who knows, fact is that bigger companies don't trust Home to be a stable, income creating advertisement platform!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
s9358, don't want to insult your intelligence (well maybe I do a little) but licenses don't all work the same as each other for every type of content. A license basically gives you permission to use or do something and without it you can't legally do them or at least do them without incurring fines or facing a trading standards regulator. Just because you "don't believe in dem innit" doesn't mean they don't exist or cripple companies from being more flexible with their products. To back up the sole intelligent point you might have made though, and in agreement with RPG Wolf, one has to wonder why it takes so long to acquire said license and permission in the first place from a subsidiary of the same parent company.

As far as PS4 supporting PS Home? I'd expect it to work this way - upscaling to 1080P native, with a new core, as to not make current purchases obsolete.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fritches

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Fritches
Accepted Solution
Going into licences and big companies my view is that big companies Such as Coca Cola, RedBull etc that had been involved in Home look at Home now and just think mess and do not want to invest time and money into resources. Which is why I think that in order to get a licence now adays is lengthy at best.

If Sony actually went back to what Home's original focus was then the licences will be alot quicker to sort out.

I can remember when big companies that came into Home was excited and would do anything to catch and keep the users attention.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
i think the companies that have invested in home has changed. the trend was originally product brands and gaming companies we were all familiar with trying out promotions in Home, and now it's mostly companies that work specifically on virtual world stuff and app store games. not a bad thing necessarily but it has resulted in a serious decline of decent gaming-merch, rewards and such :(
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PalmTreePhoenix

80%
02 Rank
Progress
PalmTreePhoenix
Accepted Solution
From what I have been told there are new spaces to come out this Winter and to keep coming thereafter but timings are always subject to change.

The EOD TV spaces can be seen as example of spaces that are pushed out to quickly without getting all the license and rights sorted out. It is very much the focus of the Home Team and the developers they partner with who make all is content to provide new and dynamic items and spaces.

You're feedback is definitely heard and. deeply appreciated. Sometimes it just takes a bit of planning and development to implement.

As Home continues to evolve and develop you all will see a variety of different things coming to Home in attempt to keep the platform lively and not to make it stale, which has been the ongoing for a while. Home in itself is a game-like almost like an RPG. So quite a bit of development has gone into helping you develop this world so that you all can customize it and make it your own as much as possible. There are new games and mini-games being created in order to build up a wider spectrum of games for a variety of game players. There is a commitment to further developing content that addresses many of the things you all have discussed regarding game related content.

Definitely stay tuned as more is revealed.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel