• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Your Home Biography

[ Edited ]
189 Replies 7,085 Views edited 16-02-2012

Hello people!

I feel it would be a nice idea if we all get to know each other that little bit more.  So let's start a nice collection of our Home Biographies.

I will go first then, feel free to use my questions or add your own but remember always abide by the forum House Rules.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

Orla-Ireland wrote:

GoodBytes wrote:

zakster98 wrote:

PSN ID: zakster98

Why did you chose your PSN ID: Since I was young my nickname was 'zakster' so i chose that and chose 98 for my year of birth. 

2012-1998=14. Minimum age for PlayStation®Home (SCEE) is 16. Uh oh :smileysurprised:

See here: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/ps3-eula/psn/e/e_pshome-tosua_en.html

Please don't take moderation into your own hands, to be honest it's not a crime, I played GTA SA when I was 13, This is home, you don't kill people. It actually annoys me when people do things like this, There really is no need. I'm 19 but it still frustrates me to this day ;s.

:Thumbs:good point he aint the 1st underage to use home and aint the last,same with movies and games,parents discretion all the way.

Have to laugh aswell sending the kid the link like he is gona read the t&c's for home

0 Kudos

Re: Your Home Biography

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

Orla-Ireland wrote:

GoodBytes wrote:

zakster98 wrote:

Why did you chose your PSN ID: Since I was young my nickname was 'zakster' so i chose that and chose 98 for my year of birth. 

2012-1998=14. Minimum age for PlayStation®Home (SCEE) is 16. Uh oh :smileysurprised:

See here: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/ps3-eula/psn/e/e_pshome-tosua_en.html

Please don't take moderation into your own hands, to be honest it's not a crime, I played GTA SA when I was 13, This is home, you don't kill people. It actually annoys me when people do things like this, There really is no need. I'm 19 but it still frustrates me to this day ;s.

Pointing out facts is not moderation. And in a way it is breaking the law. When you sign up for PSN you are required to supply your date of birth then agree to the Sony Online Network Terms of Service and User Agreement (PSN & SEN). By providing false information means you have breached this agreement between you and Sony Entertainment Network. When you use Home for the first time you are asked to accept the services terms and conditions (linked above). By agreeing to these term you are thereby saying you are above aged 16 or above. If you agree and do not meet that age requirement you are again breaching the contract. These contacts are written with the intent of being legally bound, and Sony reserves the right to deal with the offender how they wish in accordance with applicable law.

If SCEE wanted minors to use the service then they would not have set the age cut-off to 16.

This all being said I only posted that to point out that zakster98 was yet another under-age person using Home and linked to the proof supporting my statement. It was meant as a joke. I wasnt trying to say zakster98 was inherently committing a crime.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Orla-Ireland

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Orla-Ireland
Accepted Solution

GoodBytes wrote:

Orla-Ireland wrote:

GoodBytes wrote:

zakster98 wrote:

Pointing out facts is not moderation. And in a way it is breaking the law. When you sign up for PSN you are required to supply your date of birth then agree to the Sony Online Network Terms of Service and User Agreement (PSN & SEN). By providing false information means you have breached this agreement between you and Sony Entertainment Network. When you use Home for the first time you are asked to accept the services terms and conditions (linked above). By agreeing to these term you are thereby saying you are above aged 16 or above. If you agree and do not meet that age requirement you are again breaching the contract. These contacts are written with the intent of being legally bound, and Sony reserves the right to deal with the offender how they wish in accordance with applicable law.

If SCEE wanted minors to use the service then they would not have set the age cut-off at 16.

This all being said I only posted that to point out that zakster98 was yet another under-age person using Home and linked to the proof supporting my statement. It was meant as a joke. I wasnt trying to say zakster98 was inherently committing a crime.

There is no need to point out things like this however. It is not for you to go around pointing out peoples ages, then posting rules about him being 14. Your basically breaking an house rule by doing this. You picked him out, named and then shammed him. If you where jokeing then you did a Troll move, an other house rule broken. If you can't stick the House rules, don't jump around posting about others breaking rules.

Your simply advancing on your signature, It's just a pathetic move.

0 Kudos

/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
I have to say this, it's not illegal for the children to be on Home but it is committing a petty form of fraud against Sony's database. Breaking the ToS or EULA for anything related to PSN, SEN, SCEI, SCEE, Sony is NOT always hte same as breaking a law :Thumbs:

I'm not a fan of the kids sneaking onto Home and making a general nuisance of themselves. I also believe they waive any right to an opinion if they break the agreements. But I do think everyone is entitled to have a good time :) so lay off the sprout! They don't need protecting from mature games, just crazy behaviour like this.
0 Kudos

/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

EdwCarnby wrote:
so lay off the sprout! They don't need protecting from mature games, just crazy behaviour like this.

The message in my signature referring to "protecting children from mature games" is related to the classification reform in Australia. Click on it to find out more.

0 Kudos

/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

C'mon guys let's get the thread back on topic......:smileywink:

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

Agreed!

Thread.png

0 Kudos

/16

zakster98

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zakster98
Accepted Solution

Orla-Ireland wrote:

GoodBytes wrote:

Orla-Ireland wrote:

GoodBytes wrote:

zakster98 wrote:

If SCEE wanted minors to use the service then they would not have set the age cut-off at 16.

There is no need to point out things like this however. It is not for you to go around pointing out peoples ages, then posting rules about him being 14. Your basically breaking an house rule by doing this. You picked him out, named and then shammed him. If you where jokeing then you did a Troll move, an other house rule broken. If you can't stick the House rules, don't jump around posting about others breaking rules.

Your simply advancing on your signature, It's just a pathetic move.

It was made as a secondary account under my mums account

0 Kudos

/16

AjSTYLES3000

73%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AjSTYLES3000
Accepted Solution

PlayStation®Home Picture 1-3-2012 19-40-13.jpg

0 Kudos

AJ IS HERE THE MAN OF THE HOUR !
/16

RPG-Wolf

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RPG-Wolf
Accepted Solution

PSN ID: RPG-Wolf

What time and days do you usually use Home: depends on my free time.

What Home space are you usually found in: mostly doing my Loco Island tour and the Mui Ship for grabbing some pickory. After that it depends on where my home friends are.

Why did you chose your PSN ID: easy, I like RPGs. Adding the first part of my name and, voila.

Did you model your Home avatar off yourself: yes, as similar as possible without having a mirror nearby.

Your current Home outfit: Standard shoes, standard blue jeans, and my "When in doubt make tea"-shirt.

Your favourite Home outfit: See above, has not changed since I got the T-Shirt back in 2009.

Do you have a Home companion? Binks was my favourite, winter quest tiger sometimes cause it took so long to get him.

Most underrated Home outfit: none I'm aware of, as most stuff is pricely overrated in Home.

Your favourite Home user: All those with good manners, chatworthy opinions and those who don't leave games as soon as they think they are on the looser lane.

Your defining Home moment: Meeting my real life partner on Home for the first time (although it was not clear at that moment to what it leaded)

Your favourite Home shop: none at the moment as long as Sony is unable to sort out its purchase problems there (something that never happend in the early days of Home).

A hilarious Home moment: Not directly on Home, but Home related, I would say it was meeting some Home friends on my trip to New Zealand in real life

0 Kudos

Betreff: Your Home Biography

/16

HoneyBee20

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HoneyBee20
Accepted Solution
Yes he's under age now can everyone move on & get over it. This thread Was good "/
0 Kudos

I'm now on Xbox, so goodbye everyone :)
/16

zakster98

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zakster98
Accepted Solution

HoneyBee20 wrote:
Yes he's under age now can everyone move on & get over it. This thread Was good "/

YES I agree

0 Kudos

/16

Legendary_Vicki

93%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Legendary_Vicki
Accepted Solution

PSN ID: Legendary_Vicki and my US is XxQueen_VeexX

What time and days do you usually use home: I am on most days at different times.

What Home space are you usually found in: I tend to spend a lot of time with friends at one of my apartments but i can usually be found at home square, shooping centre east or Novus Prime.

Why did you chose your PSN ID: It was originally made for a joke lol but i grew used to it. XxQueen_VeexX is something i used to be called as a teenager from my parents.

Did you model your Home avatar off yourself: Yes and No. I like to think most of the time my avatar does look similar to me in real life. Although sometimes i wear outfits just for the giggles.

Your current Home outfit: I am wearing the black adidas top, sodium boyfriend jeans, checkered playground shoes and the woven beanie hat with hair and my bunny ears and some loco roco earings.

Your favourite Home outfit: I really like the Black Leeanna dress from Billabong.

Do you have a Home companion? I have loads but i tend to use the chocolate Binx and the 2011 winter holiday companion. The cute little tiger with the blue hat.

Most underrated Home outfit: I think the trousers you win from the Brimstone poker table are under rated. They look good on the female avi. Guess theyre like marmite haha.

Your favourite Home user: Oh thats favouritism lol :P Nah i have a select group of friends i spend a lot of my time with but i enjoy meeting new people who can hold a decent converation :)

Your defining Home moment: Has to be that first night i took part in the quiz. It was the end of and era for me and the start of seeing home in a different light.

Your favourite Home shop: My fave shop has to be Billabong but i really like Lockwood too and the new Drey outfits are great. 

An hilarious Home moment: Last Easter me and a few friends all dressed up in the bunny outfit and was chasing everyone around home square. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
legendary vicki signature
/16

WoLF-KBOOM

83%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WoLF-KBOOM
Accepted Solution

PSN ID WoLF-KBOOM

location Scotland uk

when do i use home im usually on everyday depending whats new

How did i chose my PSN ID back on the ps2 on battlefield 2 moderen combat i joined a clan called WoLF one of the requirments was to make a new account with WoLF in your name i made WoLF-KABOOM and it has since stuck with me

Did i recreate my likeness in home no lol

fav home outfit none i pick and chose outfits of both genders depending on my mood

Do i have a home companion yes the free 1s but almost never use them

most underrated item in home the bald patch/comb over from diesel you can make a good looking evil dr with that

Most fav user in home the friends i hang with in home they know who they are

My most defining moment in home i have many but i suppose getting early access to the home beta was 1

Fav home shop if im honnest they are all good and bad but i think diesel and billabong as i have more purchases from them then anywere else excluding freebies of course

Anything else to comment about id like to see skyrim and mass effect outfits in home

PlayStation®Home Picture 30-3-2012 14-27-49.jpg

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

RAPIDMOBIL

• MVP
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RAPIDMOBIL
Accepted Solution

PSN I.D:

Rapidmobil

Bavaria Germany

What Time and Days Do You Use Home:

I am on most days at different times

Why Did You Choose Your PSN I.D:

It was my former call sign in the CB radio and simply means fast car because I like sporty ride, with the release of the PS3 is nothing elseoccurred to me.

Did You Model Your Home Avatar On Yourself:

Yes, as close as I could get it.

Current Home Outfit:

I have no particular outfit, my outfit I change depending on the room or situation.

Favorite Home Outfit:

GT5 Raceoutfit

Most Underrated Home Outfit:

Dragonsgreentreeoutfit

Do you have a Home companion? 

I have loads but i tend to use the Sega Tennis Robot.

Favorite Home User:

i have a select group of friends

Your Defining Home Moment:

I suppose the first time I entered XI in Home

Favorite Home Shop:

Loot & Lockwood 

An Hilarious Home Moment:

Winning the gold shirt in buzz

Anything Else to Add:

We urgently need a German user system for age verification in home so we can finally go into the locked areas for us. And of course, more multiplayer games.

0 Kudos

☆ meine Games: passen nicht mehr in die Signatur ☆

" ▲●X■ Gibt der Klügere immer
nach, herrscht die Diktatur der
Dummen. - Wo Unrecht zu
Recht wird, wird Widerstand
zur Pflicht. - Doch: Das Einzige
das einen davon abhalten kann die Wahrheit zu finden, ist zu denken man kenne sie bereits. ▲●X■"
/16

Raimei_Mikami

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Raimei_Mikami
Accepted Solution

PSN ID: Raimei_Mikami (Rye-May Me-ka-me)

What time and days do you usually use Home: Whenever I have free time.

What Home space are you usually found in: Shopping Centre, Aurora, Grand Edo of Nippon or at an apartment.
Why did you chose your PSN ID:
 It was taken from two of my favourite anime characters; Raimei Shimizu and Teru Mikami <3

Did you model your Home avatar off yourself: Sometimes but I usually model them after my favourite anime or video game characters.

Your current Home outfit: A black mini kimono.

Your favourite Home outfit: The Lara Croft costume.

Do you have a Home companion? Yes, a lot.
Most underrated Home outfit: Hrrrmm.. I think the Silent Hill costumes are quite underrated in EU Home. I love them though. I wear my Heather Mason costume from time to time :3

Your favourite Home user: All of my friends c:
Your defining Home moment: I don’t have one yet >.<

Your favourite Home shop: Lockwood~! :D

An hilarious Home moment: Me chasing an avatar wearing a yeti costume C:

Anything else you want to add or comment on: This is my first time posting on the forums.

0 Kudos

/16

KrazyFace

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
That's a brave first post Raimei, welcome to the forums!
0 Kudos

/16

Raimei_Mikami

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Raimei_Mikami
Accepted Solution