Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Your Opinion of 1.75

havn't had any problems myself everything seems to be working fine and loading is quicker too
dantheman121
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 121 of 206 (488 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Okay, my overall experience/feedback is as follows.

I used the new update for around 4hrs last night and didn't have a single negative issue. Obviously there are real issues. Too many people are having them. I didn't jump through hoops or do anything odd to make the update work. All I did was start Home, let it run the update, then proceeded to upload my data. As soon as that was done I went to Harbor studio. Before doing a single thing, I went into settings and deleted my hefty sized cache. It took almost 10 mins to delete. I almost thought it was stuck at one point. After that was done and it loaded Home back, I checked my furniture items. Everything was there. I then checked my wardrobe. Everything was there. Some things were in a different order, but that wasn't a problem. I loaded a couple of saved outfits then manually changed into stuff. Everything was significantly quicker than usual. I exited Home completely, logged off PSN then logged back on and restarted the software. I got no error codes or anything. After Home reloaded, I visited several spaces to get them back into the cache. That was boring but it went smoothly. Once that was done, I settled in Random Central for a bit (ok, The Square). I changed outfit a few times to see how things went in an open space. It was all smooth; didn't get stuck in wardrobe once. Then, to my delight, I realized wardrobe lag had been vaquished. 

The new interface is nicer. I like the slightly improved layout. I also noticed there are now people walking around with Plus graphics beside their name - to advertise Plus to non-plussers despite the fact Home doesn't really offer anything on its own worth upgrading to that service for. Makes the place look kind of two-tier-ludicrious, IMO. But whatever. I'm sure it's nice for Plus users to get to feel a little more special for their extra cash outlay.

So, from my own personal experience, Home was a quicker, more fluid experience last night. Unsure whether it will be a lasting bliss when you consider all the info is now on Sony servers. Perhaps we'll all be struck with new random tech issues from time to time. For now it seemed ok though.

:Smile:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 122 of 206 (463 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

The most strangest thing has happened since ive logged back into home,all my storage apartment items have swapped with the ones in the current redectorating catorgories,lol theyve swapped around,any1 else had this?

Please use plain text.
Message 123 of 206 (423 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Is it just me that's found with each day that goes past the update gets worse? Yesterday I could go in and out of any space with ease ...today however Home either crashes on relocating or is soo slow at loading up. I timed it earlier from choosing a space to getting there ( depending on what mood Home's in ) it takes around 4 minutes. That's just moving from one space to another !!
Revamped signature

Life is like a rollercoaster ... you've just got to choose the right one :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 124 of 206 (411 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Works fine for me. Slow loading. Downloading spaces, without it downloading properly. Clothing loading at the speed of a dead snail. Avatars taking about 3 hours to load, low textures as normal...  All working correctly :smileyhappy:

If I  must complain though.  One thing I (still) do not understand with home.  You are paying for virtual clothing,  barely any avatars nearby load textures to their fullest.  What is the point buying clothing that is going to display in low res..?  Surely the whole point is to see them in their highest definition.  

I am guessing Home will probably cross over to the PlayStation 4 in some form, judging the amount of content.  Either a continuation as it is currently, or a slight vevamp graphically.  Perhaps the PS4 can help out with the issues here.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 125 of 206 (368 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

The update took forever.

First I downloaded the new update.

Next I waited 8 minutes to get to the transfer data screen.

1.5 minutes to transfer data. (not bad)

Then waiting for it to default to HOME SQUARE. Because now you have to download the space before you can USE HOME. Which is annoying.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 126 of 206 (345 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 127 of 206 (257 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Oops, been on couple hours last nite witout big problems...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 128 of 206 (254 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

While I see many people seem to be having problems, can't say I've seen anything that serious.  It's working much the same for me.

As far as problems go for me personally, at most I'd say the wardrobe seems slower (occasionally much slower), and has frozen on me a couple of times (a quit-home-and-reenter freeze, not a power-down-and-scan-your-PS3-HDD-for-errors freeze) since the new update.  Both times those freezes have been when changing from male to female avatar, or vice versa.

Hope those people having worse problems with it get them fixed soon.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 129 of 206 (243 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

After a few errors when first attempting to get in to Home after the update, almost everything seems okay.Faster loading, personal spaces all load up faster, also faster moving between spaces. Only thing wrong that I have found is that wardrobe is reorganised and some favourite things aren't anymore.

I also found the same with the furniture section, but at least this is something that can be put right easily. One thing I did notice was that the storage sections take longer to load.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 130 of 206 (199 Views)
0 Kudos