PlayStation®3

PlayStation®Home

PlayStation®Home

23 Dec 2012
By: neilc010 Member 428 Posts
Level 3

edo of nippon

13 Replies 751 Views Created 23-12-2012

found from the german forum that the lady by the defend edo game now shows rewards an there a few new rewards to be won also the second teahouse in the japanese teahouse apartment can be unlocked now

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (751 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: edo of nippon

Oh good.  I got impatient with the second teahouse and glitched in there.  You get a barking sound, and then are transported to the Edo Open Space.  Not sure how much I need to spend on armour to have a chance at the mononoke game though.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (713 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I started yesterday. I've earned over 2400 Ryu.

I purchased the ladies sexy ninja outfit with appropriate matching sword. The outfit includes the hair, outfit, sandals and sword. The rewards are pretty neat and the trick really is learning the attack patterns of the enemies. The Red Orc is one I simply avoid. I haven't found a way of killing that one quite yet. 

I've started by unlocking all the miniature house and roof rewards. I completed those this afternoon. I'll probably work towards the dolls next and eventually toward a 3900 Ryu teapot to unlock the Tea House. I haven't purchased the apartment yet but I'm finding earning Ryu for me at least is easier than I expected.

I do get caught up in games and do spend time at them.  

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (680 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

800+ Ryo so far.  It's a long haul to a teapot.  Speaking of which, I need a cup of tea.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (661 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

[ Edited ]

How in the blue hell are you people doing this?? !! I cannot for the life of me defeat one :smileyindifferent: i have been at this game for months and have 0 across the board i earn it in the game but then i die :smileyindifferent: i suck so bad at it. i guess i need to shell out money to stand a chance? If i buy the edo row of houses i got told it will let me heal in the game, is this true?

photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (638 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

yeah it's pretty much impossible without buying a weapon.

using the standard stuff you can't deal enough damage to unlock the exit before you run out of time.

"They mostly come at night..............mostly"
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (627 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

Wait-Jester-Sec wrote:

How in the blue hell are you people doing this?? !! I cannot for the life of me defeat one :smileyindifferent: i have been at this game for months and have 0 across the board i earn it in the game but then i die :smileyindifferent: i suck so bad at it. i guess i need to shell out money to stand a chance? If i buy the edo row of houses i got told it will let me heal in the game, is this true?

Yes you can heal in the row house. There is a room there where there is a blue aura with a prompt. If you own the Row House you can heal there as many times as you like. 

I suppose it's possilbe to get through a level without healing but it's certainly very difficult to do so. If you don't buy at least a good weapon the bamboo sword just isn't going to do it. I won all of these rewards and I've been playing the game for 2 days.

Washing Board

Wooden Fridge

Electricity Box

Bonsai (Pine Tree)

Jade Ink Stone

Flower-blooming Powder of the Old Man

A Jeweled Branch from the Mystical Island of Horai

Model Building Bath House

Model Building Bath House Roof

Model Buliding Fabric Shop

Model Building Fabric Shop Roof

Model Building Tenement House 

Model Building Tenement House Roof

Model Building Food Cart

There are some very costly tea pot rewards which I don't know I'll have the stamina to try and win over the long term. The game does get a bit repetitive although there do appear to be other missions which aren't available yet. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (583 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

I bought the 3900 ryo tea caddy and it unlocked the second teahouse :King:

It did take ages and cost a decent weapon and armour.  The bamboo stick just doesn't cut it.

My technique is:

Spoiler
1. Start with the umbrella ghosts immediately in front of you.
Spoiler
2. Wait for Cyclops to fart then attack for 5 or six swings.  Jump if you hear a gap in his staff taps as the swing is coming.  Best to retreat early.  You can get two or three attacks in after the staff swing, before the next fart, but best to play safe.  For this first Cyclops, you have to abandon the attack early, as if you get too close to the red ogre, he beats you up.
Spoiler
3. Run towards the ogre, watching his animation.  As soon as it changes, turn around and run back up the road.  Don't stop to check if he is following as he runs faster than you.  If you hear thunderous footsteps, he is charging you and will hit you in the back any moment, unless you quickly step to the side.  With luck this will happen just as you get to the entrance to the Edo Row houses, so duck in there.  He can't follow you and gets stuck on the doorway.
Spoiler
4. Go through the Edo row killing all the umbrella spirits and starving ghosts.  The umbrella spirits make a wooshing noise just before they attack.  If you hear that, then step back.  The starving ghosts can be attacked best from behind (try to get round them) as you can get two attacks in before they can get you.
Spoiler
5. If you have the Edo Apartment personal space, then one of the Edo houses in game, has a blue pattern on the floor which is a heal point.  I found that I didn't really need this after a bit of practice, but it does cut down on the number of accidental dealths.
Spoiler
6. Leave the Edo row by the other exit and kill the Cyclops.  Note that the Cylops you attacked earlier is wounded but still alive hopefully.  Don't kill both cyclops' until you have got all the other enemies, as you need to maximise your score.  Take out the lanterns by running up to them and jumping and attacking.
Spoiler
7.  Kill any umbrella and starving ghosts in the other streats and take out all the lantern ghosts.  Then attack the barrel shaped ghost.  Wait for it to stomp down then attack from the front.  Stand off when it starts moving and then repeat.
Spoiler
8.  Once there are no more other ghosts to kill, kill the last cyclops.  There is now an end game sequence where you have to fight through one of the following i) Green lights (unkillable), 2) Umbrella Ghosts 3) Starving Ghosts.  Reach the blue pillar of light to complete.
Spoiler
9.  If there is time watch out for treasure chests.  These glow if there is treasure in them.  The treasure isn't very good though, mostly mouldy food and broken tea sets.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (546 Views)
Level 3

...Oh, and I've found out how to beat the ogre, although I get killed alot.

Spoiler
Get the ogre to chase you.  You can see how close he is by his shadow.  Sidestep before he hits you.  He then pauses for breath allowing you to get 2 or 3 blows in before he attacks again.  You can try this in combination with sticking him on the gate, which is a bit safer.  However he stops charging when almost dead, so you may need to circle round and attack from the other side to get the final blow in.  I bought the <can't spell it> stars to see if they can take him down from a distance.  They aren't quite enough to kill him by themselves, but do cut down on the amount of dangerous dodging.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (506 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I have a video I made yesterday I thought I'd share. There are potential spoilers here for those who prefer to play the game without seeing a walkthrough. 

http://youtu.be/4p2qcEwbQ7Q

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (463 Views)
0 Kudos