Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Played pool for the first time in a long time today . I don't like the way they've changed the top down view so now you don't see where the white ball is aiming but I do like the time out thing so that players can't grab a table then sit on it for ages while they go off and do something else . Its a good change I think ,  I'll just have to practice to get used to it . It could have been worse they could have made the new tables like the ones you have in the personal spaces , now they are terrible to play on .  

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 128 (425 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Let's be grateful for small mercies, eh? I have to say I've enjoyed the pool game in Home's bowling alley for the last four years. 

The game's physics have been tweaked and altered before, but never to this extent. The game controls have been reversed too which is ridiculous. The game plays totally different now and means all that practice on the tables was ultimately for nothing. That seems a little unfair to me. I agree with what others have said :-

"If it ain't broke don't fix it".

Besides there's plenty on Home that is actually broken and definitely requires repair!

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 128 (420 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

jfsebastian wrote:

Let's be grateful for small mercies, eh? I have to say I've enjoyed the pool game in Home's bowling alley for the last four years. 

The game's physics have been tweaked and altered before, but never to this extent. The game controls have been reversed too which is ridiculous. The game plays totally different now and means all that practice on the tables was ultimately for nothing. That seems a little unfair to me. I agree with what others have said :-

"If it ain't broke don't fix it".

Besides there's plenty on Home that is actually broken and definitely requires repair!

Well now you have four more years of fun learning how to play this version :Stupid:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 128 (412 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

imo i like the new look pool the balls look better, to me its more accurate and the blue tables look fantastic the power bar sends the ball at a more human pace the only annoying thing is a close bank shot as i cant see the cue ball after all this i seen nothing wrong with the physics just practice a bit and you will get used to em same goes for bowling (love the strike replay)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 128 (413 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Its sad yes as a champ,yet, i am now giving up my oligarchic position for a new hobby...that is to frack sony and not spend anymore time on psh..and let you shenmue take over the reigns on these new incredible electric blue tables..lets see if you can do as good as you chat?but i dnt think you''l reach my level  of expertisies but you can try..i guess??lol.

anyway when you play on these pool tables make sure you get in the que asap as it boots you right off..lmao

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 128 (408 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Excuse me pooey but i thought you didn't use Home anymore so why does it matter if they changed the pool tables ???

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 128 (405 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

pooey909 wrote:

Its sad yes as a champ,yet, i am now giving up my oligarchic position for a new hobby...that is to frack sony and not spend anymore time on psh..and let you shenmue take over the reigns on these new incredible electric blue tables..lets see if you can do as good as you chat?but i dnt think you''l reach my level  of expertisies but you can try..i guess??lol.

anyway when you play on these pool tables make sure you get in the que asap as it boots you right off..lmao

like i said ive had no problems with the new pool tables theres just that 1 in the corner that doesn't work(havent check if its been fixed) perhaps you could take furys advice and not enter in with a wall of anger and the mods might replay alternatively i hear model making is a calming hobby

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 128 (401 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Regular users of this forum will know by now that all the moaning and widging in the world will not make Sony change its mind on any changes it makes to Home , if it did we'd all be enjoying sitting by the water and watching the fish in the old Home Square . 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 128 (447 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I thought I had a bad attitude but up against this pooey person im an absolute angel. Pooey are you American or something coz I dont wanna burst your bubble or anything as you clearly think of yourself as some sorf of home pool celebrity/champ whatever but ive never actually heard of you so if your boasts on this are true I can only guess you are from another region. Anyone that voices an opinion that differs from your own is a 'fool' or 'on drugs' too? That way of thinking will you get you far in life just like your supposed boycott of sony will get your tables back (that was sarcasm btw pooey). Close the door on the way out then pooey if youre no longer using home. No one cares or will miss you, least of all Sony and if someone with a chip on their shoulder as large as yours has now left the community that in my own view is a good thing.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 128 (430 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

and may i ask you have you got a dog in this fight?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 128 (412 Views)
0 Kudos