pooey909

60%
02 Rank
Progress

ps home bowling alley&pool tables

127 Replies 6,462 Views Created 20-11-2010
20 Nov 2010
By pooey909

As we are all well aware of the new changes to ps home squares and other fantastic rooms,I was surprised and upset that the new pool hall tables have been subjected to a few changes which have resulted in games being played longer due to the facts that sony have removed the options of the pool breaks which were truly magnificent in that in really put the cat amongst the pidgeons when it came to pool masters...and how they manipulated the white ball.

Since the recent changes to the pool games the breaks are non existent which is a real shame...why has this happened and why have sony completed and uterly ruined the enjoyment of the breaks??

ANOTHER point I'd like to mention is because of the new changes the person's Avatar's ARE clear to be seen as b4 in front on the pool tables and this hampers the game in a big way...

Last but not least..the new texting system is ok but the older system was much better...as you could at least have a banter with other's whilst chatting...the new PM'S are again to reitterate kool but these changes did not need to be implemented.

CAN I MODERATOR PLEASE EXPLAIN THESE SILLY CHANGES TO ME???

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

myalana

98%
03 Rank
Progress
myalana
Accepted Solution

I feel the pool playing community deserves at least an acknowledgement from management that issues exist with the current game and an explanation as to why they were made. I realize that this isn't the norm here...I also know that such a blatant disregard for the customer breeds contempt.

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SH4RKY_76_

32%
02 Rank
Progress
SH4RKY_76_
Accepted Solution
Give up. Sony dnt care abt the bowlin alley. Theres no money to b made in there
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SH4RKY_76_

32%
02 Rank
Progress
SH4RKY_76_
Accepted Solution
Hello me again. Well sum time has past n the pool tables are worse than ever b4. U cant even complete a game with out it glitchin its a joke. Thnk u sony or whoever thnk u for doing nothin abt thnk u for not listnin to thise who buy your piece of crap ps3s witch aint worth shyt as soon as u update it wid ya dodgy updates that make ya ps3 go slow. Thx for ya maintnce that seems to fix nothin at all.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Furys-embrace

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

SH4RKY_76 wrote:
Its like your happy sony hav made certain things allot worse.

No SH4RKY, the new tables arent perfect, but they are new. Home is always changing, sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse. What never changes though are people posting unconstructive critism on here. The developers have tried to breath new life into the bowling alley. If you dont like the new changes thats fine but saying they are crap give us the old ones back is not very constructive. Personally I dont like the fact the aiming dot it gone now making bank shots tricky due to the limited camera angles and I'd like to see it returned. Id also the screw shot facility tweaked and the ability zoom the camera in, but at the end of the day its free to play so I'll  take the rough with the smooth.

How would you improve the play of the new tables?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SON-OF-ARCHIE

48%
02 Rank
Progress
SON-OF-ARCHIE
Accepted Solution

just  because  its  free  doesn't  mean you have to accept  any old  tat sony throw  our way  like  mike hunts says  ' a bit of communication  would  be to much for sony to inform  people  like  the hack in the network  last year   life  with no information  for weeks

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jfsebastian

97%
05 Rank
Progress
jfsebastian
Accepted Solution
I really don't think it's too much to expect that popular games in Home like pool aren't messed about with and altered beyond all recognition. If the game experience had been improved then great but clearly most people agree it's far worse now. Besides, shouldn't the priority be on fixing things that don't work properly rather than changing stuff that works fine to begin with?
0 Kudos

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MIKE___HUNTS

48%
02 Rank
Progress
MIKE___HUNTS
Accepted Solution

The new pool tables are pony, been playing them trying to get the bug back  buts its just not there any more, there are so many problems with the new game i am sure the true players know what i mean

have some 50/60 on friends list and many more that i chat to all of them i met playing pool.

Now when i go to the pool room there is nobody there  and the few friends that are feel the same, update they seem to have gone backwards  bring back the old tables lol or create another space that has the old tables

The games are meant to be 4 us lets do something about it

Many thanks

AKA keltel05

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lizziebear66

94%
07 Rank
Progress
lizziebear66
Accepted Solution

well ive persevered with the bowling and now can play it better than i ever did before lol

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Furys-embrace

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

Nice one Lizzie! I think all the people here that are shall we say, "expressing their displeasure" at the game revisions are doing so mainly because before the changes they were good at the games and now they arent. How the mighty have falling and all that. I still stand by my earlier comment though, that ranting in an aggressive manner about it on here wont solve anything or get any changes implemented/reversed. Just my view though.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SON-OF-ARCHIE

48%
02 Rank
Progress
SON-OF-ARCHIE
Accepted Solution

lol it isn't  because  they aren't any good  at bowling  or pool its because  the pool tables  are dreadful  got 239 on the new bowling  in home 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MIKE___HUNTS

48%
02 Rank
Progress
MIKE___HUNTS
Accepted Solution

I can play on new tables and still win most of my games lol because i am a POOL PLAYER lol

it has nothing to do with whether or not you can play its about the game now being crap

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

pooey909

60%
02 Rank
Progress
pooey909
Accepted Solution

well put and i advocate your opinion to the highest levels.

I am hearing that this fool fury is saying we as good players have fallen to the pits now that the dynamics have changed..wot a fool he is.

we did play you and i and we still dance as before..but the game play is as you put it pony and pooey..

I for one have not entered into the ps home..i shall not do so ever until sony bring back those fantastic tables.

they have lost my business and my loyalty..SIMPLLLESSSS.(MEERKAT..LOL)PFFFFFFFFfff

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

claremac90

89%
04 Rank
Progress
claremac90
Accepted Solution

Played pool for the first time in a long time today . I don't like the way they've changed the top down view so now you don't see where the white ball is aiming but I do like the time out thing so that players can't grab a table then sit on it for ages while they go off and do something else . Its a good change I think ,  I'll just have to practice to get used to it . It could have been worse they could have made the new tables like the ones you have in the personal spaces , now they are terrible to play on .  

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jfsebastian

97%
05 Rank
Progress
jfsebastian
Accepted Solution

Let's be grateful for small mercies, eh? I have to say I've enjoyed the pool game in Home's bowling alley for the last four years. 

The game's physics have been tweaked and altered before, but never to this extent. The game controls have been reversed too which is ridiculous. The game plays totally different now and means all that practice on the tables was ultimately for nothing. That seems a little unfair to me. I agree with what others have said :-

"If it ain't broke don't fix it".

Besides there's plenty on Home that is actually broken and definitely requires repair!

0 Kudos

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

claremac90

89%
04 Rank
Progress
claremac90
Accepted Solution

jfsebastian wrote:

Let's be grateful for small mercies, eh? I have to say I've enjoyed the pool game in Home's bowling alley for the last four years. 

The game's physics have been tweaked and altered before, but never to this extent. The game controls have been reversed too which is ridiculous. The game plays totally different now and means all that practice on the tables was ultimately for nothing. That seems a little unfair to me. I agree with what others have said :-

"If it ain't broke don't fix it".

Besides there's plenty on Home that is actually broken and definitely requires repair!

Well now you have four more years of fun learning how to play this version :Stupid:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

WoLF-KBOOM

83%
05 Rank
Progress
WoLF-KBOOM
Accepted Solution

imo i like the new look pool the balls look better, to me its more accurate and the blue tables look fantastic the power bar sends the ball at a more human pace the only annoying thing is a close bank shot as i cant see the cue ball after all this i seen nothing wrong with the physics just practice a bit and you will get used to em same goes for bowling (love the strike replay)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

claremac90

89%
04 Rank
Progress
claremac90
Accepted Solution

Excuse me pooey but i thought you didn't use Home anymore so why does it matter if they changed the pool tables ???

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

pooey909

60%
02 Rank
Progress
pooey909
Accepted Solution

and may i ask you have you got a dog in this fight?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Furys-embrace

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

huh?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Furys-embrace

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

No seriously youre not making sense. Fights? dogs? what you on about. ah never mind this is pointless. Good luck with your "boycott" I've said my bit I wont add more.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Nguyen-BuiPhamly
Accepted Solution