Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 61

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
20 Nov 2010
By pooey909

pooey909

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress

ps home bowling alley&pool tables

127 Replies 6,465 Views Created 20-11-2010
20 Nov 2010
By pooey909

As we are all well aware of the new changes to ps home squares and other fantastic rooms,I was surprised and upset that the new pool hall tables have been subjected to a few changes which have resulted in games being played longer due to the facts that sony have removed the options of the pool breaks which were truly magnificent in that in really put the cat amongst the pidgeons when it came to pool masters...and how they manipulated the white ball.

Since the recent changes to the pool games the breaks are non existent which is a real shame...why has this happened and why have sony completed and uterly ruined the enjoyment of the breaks??

 

ANOTHER point I'd like to mention is because of the new changes the person's Avatar's ARE clear to be seen as b4 in front on the pool tables and this hampers the game in a big way...

 

Last but not least..the new texting system is ok but the older system was much better...as you could at least have a banter with other's whilst chatting...the new PM'S are again to reitterate kool but these changes did not need to be implemented.

CAN I MODERATOR PLEASE EXPLAIN THESE SILLY CHANGES TO ME???

 

0 Kudos
Reply
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

myalana

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
myalana
Accepted Solution

Yeah Sharky, what surprises me the most though is the fact that no one asked for these ridiculous changes yet we got 'em. Perhaps they felt if they shooed half the people out of the alleys that we'd go off and start on some of their "pay to play" schemes. No way they would spend money on redesigning or updating anything in home unless they saw that they could make a return on their investment somehow.

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

myalana

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
myalana
Accepted Solution

Oh wait I acknowledged you...now they're going to think we're the same person too. I guess the lot of em don't understand that you can look up people's psn profiles...check games...trophies...things like that. Ah well I'll let em have their fun...I don't wish that new version of pool on even them.

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

SH4RKY_76

  • Offline
55%
02 Rank
Progress
SH4RKY_76
Accepted Solution
Lol i dnt care wat 90% of ppl think or say in ere 2 b honest mya. N it would appear sony dont care wat 100% of wat ppl say in here
0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

SH4RKY_76

  • Offline
55%
02 Rank
Progress
SH4RKY_76
Accepted Solution
Xbox 720 doing there own version home so im hearing so looks like good bye sony hello microsoft
0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

SH4RKY_76 wrote:
Xbox 720 doing there own version home so im hearing so looks like good bye sony hello microsoft


:Lol:  Bye

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

myalana

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
myalana
Accepted Solution

Such a clever retort serbial...anything to say on topic of the thread, or just the usual random trolling sir?  Methinks this one is preferring the new version of pool as it increases his chances of winning greatly. Thanks for bumping the topic back to the top again btw. Feel free to chime in again when you have more useful post-related info/concerns/opinion for us.

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

myalana wrote:

Such a clever retort serbial...anything to say on topic of the thread, or just the usual random trolling sir?  Methinks this one is preferring the new version of pool as it increases his chances of winning greatly. Thanks for bumping the topic back to the top again btw. Feel free to chime in again when you have more useful post-related info/concerns/opinion for us.


Nope dont play it, so yous think wrong, As for  troll i see all your posts are whinning about the change in the pool game,Stop whingin' build a bridge and learn to play the new mechanics

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

myalana

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
myalana
Accepted Solution

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

Nope dont play it, so yous think wrong, As for  troll i see all your posts are whinning about the change in the pool game,Stop whingin' build a bridge and learn to play the new mechanics



I see, so you're here in this thread about pool and bowling why exactly? The new mechanics...ummm you mean the mechanics where the game controls are reversed and the game glitches leaving the cue stick away from the ball making it impossible to shoot? Those mechanics? As for "whining" sir, I believe you win. I'm clearly no match for your whining prowess.

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

myalana

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
myalana
Accepted Solution

It occurred to me Seribal_Assassin,(did you mean to spell cerebral by the way?...oh, nevermind that doesn't seem to fit)  that since you don't play pool perhaps you are just confused. Let me help clarify what this particular thread is about. 

 

Recently some changes were made to the pool and bowling games in the alleys. No one seems to have asked for these changes and no one will explain why the changes were implemented. Many long-time pool players are upset and there are certainly many issues with the new game of pool (diff game-style aside). I'm not so sure you quite grasp this however...hmm...let me try this in a way perhaps you can understand...

 

NEW POOL BAD IT NOT WORK GOOD

 

OLD POOL GOOD IT NOT BROKE

 

I sincerely hope that helps and you're welcome.

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

myalana wrote:

Seribal_Assassin wrote:

Nope dont play it, so yous think wrong, As for  troll i see all your posts are whinning about the change in the pool game,Stop whingin' build a bridge and learn to play the new mechanics



I see, so you're here in this thread about pool and bowling why exactly? The new mechanics...ummm you mean the mechanics where the game controls are reversed and the game glitches leaving the cue stick away from the ball making it impossible to shoot? Those mechanics? As for "whining" sir, I believe you win. I'm clearly no match for your whining prowess.



:Winner:

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Seribal_Assassin
Accepted Solution

myalana wrote:

It occurred to me Seribal_Assassin,(did you mean to spell cerebral by the way?...oh, nevermind that doesn't seem to fit)  that since you don't play pool perhaps you are just confused. Let me help clarify what this particular thread is about. 

 

Recently some changes were made to the pool and bowling games in the alleys. No one seems to have asked for these changes and no one will explain why the changes were implemented. Many long-time pool players are upset and there are certainly many issues with the new game of pool (diff game-style aside). I'm not so sure you quite grasp this however...hmm...let me try this in a way perhaps you can understand...

 

NEW POOL BAD IT NOT WORK GOOD

 

OLD POOL GOOD IT NOT BROKE

 

I sincerely hope that helps and you're welcome.


Nope welcome to the club

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

myalana

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
myalana
Accepted Solution

Awww bless. He just insulted himself and doesn't realize it. Thanks for posting sir. Anything else on pool or bowling please? I've been trying to get this derailed thread back on track. I appreciate the chuckles though. 

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
07
/16

Furys-embrace

  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

Can someone please explain the joke? I dont get it. The only thing I'm finding MILDLY humourous is the fact some of the old pool addicts are now lurking here going after anyone who dares comment in THEIR thread like a bunch of pit bulls. I guess now THEIR pool is no more they have nothing else to do on home. That doesnt say much for the application as a whole I guess. 

 

The more I play the new pool the the more I'm beginning to realise all these negative comments are ridiculous too. The balls dont run any slower than the old version and the "physics" dont appear to be changed much either. I've noticed a slight bit of lag when the cue ball makes contact with the object ball, but not all the time and thats probably due to my connectiion more than anything. I am missing the aiming reticule on the top down view a lot though and certain long shots are more to do with luck than skill now which is a pity, but Im not gonna cry over it as I do more on home than just patrol the pool tables like some sort of territorial dog thinking I own them, unlike some.....

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

SON-OF-ARCHIE

  • Offline
48%
02 Rank
Progress
SON-OF-ARCHIE
Accepted Solution

anyone  who reckons  the pool on play station  home  is good  doesn't  know  the game  so there not worth  a response  in any  form wasting  your time  trying  to tell  people  that haven't  got a clue  about  the game   more  than  likely  just  teenagers there  good  at trying  to annoy  adults 

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

TriniLucille10

  • Offline
92%
03 Rank
Progress
TriniLucille10
Accepted Solution

 

Heyyo, like my pool table? Hee. :smileytongue:

 

 

 

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
07
/16

Furys-embrace

  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

TriniLucille10 wrote:

 

Heyyo, like my pool table? Hee. :smileytongue:

 

 

 



I think thats exactly where some of these old table pool players should go, for a dip to cool off. Jeeze to listen to them go on you'd think it was the end of the world. It could have been a LOT worse. Imagine if they had made the revised tables 10p a game or something, or worse still just replaced them all with the tables you can buy and you can only play on them if you own one. As Claremac said before, now THEY suck.....

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
08
/16

sam_reynolds01

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
08 Rank
Progress
sam_reynolds01
Accepted Solution
Quick question, did the pool tables get changed back when this thread was initially created in 2010?
0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

jfsebastian

  • Offline
97%
05 Rank
Progress
jfsebastian
Accepted Solution

"Can someone please explain the joke? I dont get it. The only thing I'm finding MILDLY humourous is the fact some of the old pool addicts are now lurking here going after anyone who dares comment in THEIR thread like a bunch of pit bulls. I guess now THEIR pool is no more they have nothing else to do on home. That doesnt say much for the application as a whole I guess. 

 

The more I play the new pool the the more I'm beginning to realise all these negative comments are ridiculous too. The balls dont run any slower than the old version and the "physics" dont appear to be changed much either. I've noticed a slight bit of lag when the cue ball makes contact with the object ball, but not all the time and thats probably due to my connectiion more than anything. I am missing the aiming reticule on the top down view a lot though and certain long shots are more to do with luck than skill now which is a pity, but Im not gonna cry over it as I do more on home than just patrol the pool tables like some sort of territorial dog thinking I own them, unlike some....."

 

If you don't mind the many changes to pool then I'm happy for you. However the people who are more familiar with the tables and are unhappy with the alterations are equally entitled to express their displeasure. I have been playing pool in Home for four years. There have been three previous tweaks to the in-game physics in that time; slight adjustments to the game. It wasn't a problem to get used to those gradual improvements. The final version before this last change had made the game dynamics almost perfect.

 

 The difference now is that the table runs much slower; adding spin or side to the cueball has much less effect; the controls are reversed; aiming for angled shots in first-person view is much more difficult because the camera is very unsteady; the ghost image of the cueball used for aiming has gone from the top down view; the vibration feedback has gone; your view of the table is regularly blocked now by other people. There are other problems but these are the ones that immediately spring to mind. 

 

The subtleties and nuances that made the game so good have all gone, leaving a game that's very awkward to play. I've tried to get used to it but really I don't see why I should. Like many, I've spent a long time mastering the original game and am now left with a game which bears no resemblance to it at all. 

 

Surely you can see that the majority hates the new version as evidenced by the constantly empty tables? We're not being territorial about it at all - hardly anyone plays now which is very sad. The best game in Home has been replaced with one of the worst. That is very disheartening.

 

BTW Sam the thread was only started recently (something's gone a bit pear-shaped I guess).

 

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables


"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
07
/16

Furys-embrace

  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

jfsebastian wrote:

 

If you don't mind the many changes to pool then I'm happy for you. However the people who are more familiar with the tables and are unhappy with the alterations are equally entitled to express their displeasure. I have been playing pool in Home for four years. There have been three previous tweaks to the in-game physics in that time; slight adjustments to the game. It wasn't a problem to get used to those gradual improvements. The final version before this last change had made the game dynamics almost perfect.

 

 The difference now is that the table runs much slower; adding spin or side to the cueball has much less effect; the controls are reversed; aiming for angled shots in first-person view is much more difficult because the camera is very unsteady; the ghost image of the cueball used for aiming has gone from the top down view; the vibration feedback has gone; your view of the table is regularly blocked now by other people. There are other problems but these are the ones that immediately spring to mind. 

 

The subtleties and nuances that made the game so good have all gone, leaving a game that's very awkward to play. I've tried to get used to it but really I don't see why I should. Like many, I've spent a long time mastering the original game and am now left with a game which bears no resemblance to it at all. 

 

Surely you can see that the majority hates the new version as evidenced by the constantly empty tables? We're not being territorial about it at all - hardly anyone plays now which is very sad. The best game in Home has been replaced with one of the worst. That is very disheartening.

 

BTW Sam the thread was only started recently (something's gone a bit pear-shaped I guess).

 



Fair enough JF. and thank you for not posting an overly aggressive and sarcasm laced response. I agree with you about the top down aiming reticule being removed only being detrimental to the game overall. I cant say I've noticed the table running "slower" however or a scenario where the pool table area is deserted as some of the other posters (your friends perhaps?) on here would have people believe. Each time I've gone in there there have been people playing.

 

I'll admit, I'm a casual player at best but like you I've been using home since open open beta began in late 2009, although not on this ID. I would play a handful of games a week on the old tables and even i've managed to clear all the balls up from break on a few occassions. Doesnt that tell you something  the old game design, where a player can come along who puts hardly any effort in to learning the game can do that? Hardly makes the game worth playing really in my view.

 

The way I see it all the hardcore players who, by the sounds of it, used to play it every day should relish the new challenge really. Didnt you get bored of how easy it is to do long shots along the cushion and how predictable breaks could be? I'm sure there are more examples of the way the game lets users pull off difficult shots with little or no effort but like I say, im a casual player at best so don't know all the nuances, as you put it.

 

Those people who are unhappy with the tables are well within their rights to complain if they dont like the new mechanics of the tables, however what my Initial issue in this thread was the manner in which certain individuals were voicing their opinions, refusing to even aknowledge the views of other people and just, well ranting and attacking anyone who wasnt up in arms about the revisions. This is not beneficial to anyone and it wont get the tables "tweaked" again. All that has happened is the thread has been severely edited and the OP getting slapped with a forum ban :Stupid:

 

Anyway i'm done with posting in this thread now as I feel im repeating myself over and over. I hope, if you cant bring yourself to master these new tables, the Sony developers at least take note of some of the issues you have raised and they rectify them in a future update of the bowling alley. 

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

jfsebastian

  • Offline
97%
05 Rank
Progress
jfsebastian
Accepted Solution

Thankyou for your reasoned response Fury. I agree with you that the tenor of some of the posts in this thread has been undiplomatic to say the least, but I understand and share their frustration. 

 

To answer your question, yes I do like a challenge. Let's compare the difference between the changes made to the bowling and pool. The bowling in my opinion has been improved by making it more difficult and a better simulation of the real game. However, the only reason that pool is now more "challenging" is because of the reasons listed earlier, ie awkward controls, poor aiming view, etc. If it had become a better simulation of pool then I would be all for it. Unfortunately that is not the case.

 

The empty tables I'm referring to are on the private server. It was always quieter in there but you could usually find someone to play, unlike now. I will continue to try to adjust to the table even though I consider it to be broken. 

 

I don't restrict myself to playing pool exclusively in Home but like others I miss a game I used to enjoy. I enjoyed the challenge of pitting my skills against some very tough opponents and the banter we all had. I found it to be a relaxing and therapeutic little pastime while waiting for friends to show up. Oh well, c'est la vie.

0 Kudos

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables


"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

myalana

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
myalana
Accepted Solution

Thank you for your on topic, well worded post jfsebastian. As someone who has been playing pool since the days of closed beta, I find it  frustrating dealing with people who more casually played the game. It's a bit difficult to explain unless you have logged thousands of hours playing the previous version as many of us have. Perhaps some think that's sad, so be it. I can think of worse things to do with your time. The old game was still a challenge...was just a matter of finding players of equal or greater skill. I think an apt comparison would be if the Home Hold 'em Poker was taken down and in its place "Go Fish" was substituted. Still cards, right? I have a feeling that even though some would like the change (some group of people always will no matter what the change is), a large group of users would miss what they had come to love in the previous game.

Re: ps home bowling alley&pool tables

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel