Level 5

Playstation Staff

Betreff: winter 2011 quest board wont connect EU

[ Edited ]

It's now pretty much 3 weeks since the error occurred and all we have is the standard "We're looking into it' fob off.

Sometimes I really do wonder why I still bother with Sony, they've been terrible this gen for solving gremlins with their system and network, in both a timely and informative manner 

head-in-the-sand21.jpg

Above: A Sony Home Team employee yesterday 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 91 of 207 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

FooFan73 wrote:

Sometimes I really do wonder why I still bother with Sony, they've been terrible this gen for solving gremlins with their system and network, in both a timely and informative manner 

Yeah, SONY got lazy. :smileysad:

Back when the original PlayStation came out SONY were far and away the coolest and most switched on of the big 3 video games companies (Nintendo and SEGA were the other 2 then of course) and they really listened to their userbase.

They brought the PlayStation to the world and you couldn't move without TV, Radio, Magazine Ads - all very stylish and well done too. Hell, I used to get demo discs and other cool promo stuff turning up in the post from them all the time. SONY were the rulers of that generation of consoles without a doubt.

PS2 followed and was equally huge. SONY still led the way and decimated the opposition! Still they seemed to be a company that really cared for it's consumers and we rewarded that by purchasing the console in the millions (billions?).

Then came PS3 - late, overpriced and with a stuck up arrogant attitude from SONY. They rested on their laurels and just assumed they didn't need to try any more and everyone would just buy their latest console anyway. Very sad to see them decline so much from the mighty powerhouse they used to be.

Case in point: When PSN was hacked they kept it to themselves for a week or more whilst feeding us lies about what was going on. Then - 6 weeks later - when PSN was finally fixed they told us that had now upgraded to the best servers and security, etc - why were they not using the best servers and security to start with?!?!

Anyhoo, rant over! lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 92 of 207 (536 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Retro_1973 wrote:

FooFan73 wrote:

Yeah, SONY got lazy. :smileysad:

Back when the original PlayStation came out SONY were far and away the coolest and most switched on of the big 3 video games companies (Nintendo and SEGA were the other 2 then of course) and they really listened to their userbase.

They brought the PlayStation to the world and you couldn't move without TV, Radio, Magazine Ads - all very stylish and well done too. Hell, I used to get demo discs and other cool promo stuff turning up in the post from them all the time. SONY were the rulers of that generation of consoles without a doubt.

PS2 followed and was equally huge. SONY still led the way and decimated the opposition! Still they seemed to be a company that really cared for it's consumers and we rewarded that by purchasing the console in the millions (billions?).

Then came PS3 - late, overpriced and with a stuck up arrogant attitude from SONY. They rested on their laurels and just assumed they didn't need to try any more and everyone would just buy their latest console anyway. Very sad to see them decline so much from the mighty powerhouse they used to be.

Case in point: When PSN was hacked they kept it to themselves for a week or more whilst feeding us lies about what was going on. Then - 6 weeks later - when PSN was finally fixed they told us that had now upgraded to the best servers and security, etc - why were they not using the best servers and security to start with?!?!

Anyhoo, rant over! lol

This pretty much sums it up for me

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 93 of 207 (436 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

The Activity board is fixed, we can now finish quest 1, seems you have to redo some of the minimissions again to finish and get final reward.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 94 of 207 (431 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Good news is the Board is fixed...... Bad news is We cant do quest 2 or 3 :smileyindifferent:

So Sony either let us do them or just give us all and i mean ALL the rewards before you decide to remove this space please. Is it to much to ask? I don't think so seeing as all the other regions were able to complete these quests with no problems and obtained all the rewards.

Please dont shaft us on this

photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 95 of 207 (421 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

SemtexO1 escreveu:

The Activity board is fixed, we can now finish quest 1, seems you have to redo some of the minimissions again to finish and get final reward.

Even those that already completed quest 1 and got all the rewards?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 96 of 207 (395 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

VitalogyPJ wrote:

SemtexO1 escreveu:

Even those that already completed quest 1 and got all the rewards?

For those that have completed Quest one and have received all the rewards, we cant do two or three even tho the board is fixed :smileysad:

photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 97 of 207 (391 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I have a dream that some day Sony won't have games that are not playable.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 98 of 207 (345 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Dear Mr. Sony,

Reading about quests takes me back to the days were I had to hurry up to get the Great Gospel. To the early mornings on my pink console to watch Fran lead the way to rare items. To stolen moments when life as I knew it would depend on Hope. Questing and discovering new worlds is not new to me. But being punished for loyalty is. I can't deny a subtle sadness flowing through my veins when I think of the small and big disappointments on Home. If its not the winter-drama, the outage or the questionable rates; it is the misconception of hormone driven individuals of what Home really is.

Tell me, mister Sony, what am I suppose to do? Should I grin and bear it? Keep it bubbling under? Should I turn the machine off? And walk away into the sun? Should I join a bunch of rogue rebels who's behaviour is eventually the punishment of the many? Or should I brush the dust from my old armour? Sharpen the blades and ride once more?

We all are dreamers, but I seriously doubt you dreamt of delivering a facility, an environment, a gaming platform that is what this is, hidden under the sugar-coat of diamond sprinkles: the product of decay.

Q 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 99 of 207 (328 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Quilliances wrote:

Dear Mr. Sony,

Reading about quests takes me back to the days were I had to hurry up to get the Great Gospel. To the early mornings on my pink console to watch Fran lead the way to rare items. To stolen moments when life as I knew it would depend on Hope. Questing and discovering new worlds is not new to me. But being punished for loyalty is. I can't deny a subtle sadness flowing through my veins when I think of the small and big disappointments on Home. If its not the winter-drama, the outage or the questionable rates; it is the misconception of hormone driven individuals of what Home really is.

Tell me, mister Sony, what am I suppose to do? Should I grin and bear it? Keep it bubbling under? Should I turn the machine off? And walk away into the sun? Should I join a bunch of rogue rebels who's behaviour is eventually the punishment of the many? Or should I brush the dust from my old armour? Sharpen the blades and ride once more?

We all are dreamers, but I seriously doubt you dreamt of delivering a facility, an environment, a gaming platform that is what this is, hidden under the sugar-coat of diamond sprinkles: the product of decay.

Q 

Ummm... Cool story bro?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 100 of 207 (317 Views)
0 Kudos