Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: wth is with this defend edo game?

Furys-embrace wrote:

@ retro. the sword you can get off the old hag is a waste of ryo. its just an ornament and CANNOT be used in the game. With the 79p sword you can kill the lanterns with 1 hit, the starving ghost (green things) demons with 4 hits, the umbrella ghosts with 6 hits, the well spirit with 12 hits and the cyclops take about 50 hits. I'm still working on trying to kill the big red ogre without him killing me or me running out of time though so I dunno how many hits it takes to kill him, (a crossbow or something would be useful for that one) A lot though I would imagine, the only time I can safely get close to him to take a swipe is after hes charged at me and is dizzy from hitting a wall. Also ive noticed the samurai armour doesnt make all that much difference to the damage inflicted, although it does look bada**.

Cheers, good to know. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 71 (488 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

two other tips for budding swordsmen: after the cyclops emits the green gas, as long as you arent in the gas cloud immediately after he guffs it out you wont take damage and can run back in while the green gas is still there so you dont have to wait for it to dissipate, this means you can get in a few extra blows. also its possible to jump over the cyclops spear when he swings it, the timing required isnt that hard, but its a gamble as if he hits you he will take a lot of your health.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 71 (486 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Red ogre takes about 30 hits. If you lure him to the bath house, go inside and to the right, you can then just take potshots at him through the wall, with the forward lunge.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 71 (466 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

cool, I'll try that next time I play it. Is he worth much ryo?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 71 (461 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Furys-embrace wrote:

cool, I'll try that next time I play it. Is he worth much ryo?

20 ryo.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 71 (454 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

U_n_y_o_n wrote:

Red ogre takes about 30 hits. If you lure him to the bath house, go inside and to the right, you can then just take potshots at him through the wall, with the forward lunge.

i'll have to give that a try. Cheers for the tip :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 71 (451 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

U_n_y_o_n escreveu:

Very nice tip, thanks :smileyhappy:

I've beaten the game on SP 4 times but only the last I killed the cyclops and the red ogre :smileytongue:

I have 404 Ryo and want to get the Imperial Regalia of Japan (The Sword Kusanagi) which costs 270 Ryo, but after I 'purchase' it and don't receive anything and when I enter the game again and leave it I have again the 404 Ryo and all the items available again with the Time Turner Old Woman.

Any tips?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 71 (444 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

VitalogyPJ wrote:

U_n_y_o_n escreveu:

Very nice tip, thanks :smileyhappy:

I've beaten the game on SP 4 times but only the last I killed the cyclops and the red ogre :smileytongue:

I have 404 Ryo and want to get the Imperial Regalia of Japan (The Sword Kusanagi) which costs 270 Ryo, but after I 'purchase' it and don't receive anything and when I enter the game again and leave it I have again the 404 Ryo and all the items available again with the Time Turner Old Woman.

Any tips?

Thanks.

Same happens to me, i got the reward the next day when i logged on, so you should get it through eventually.

So much for the maintenance to fix the rewards. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 71 (440 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

If you sign off home, then back in you should get the reward, it will pop up when you're on the navi screen after the message of the day. That sword isnt that great either, it doesnt even look like a sword, same with the mirror that looks more like a plate. im saving my ryo now and gonna wait for the sword you can actually use which someone in the other edo thread said costs 3900 ryo. U_N_Y_O_N. I just tried your bath house method on big red and ugly and it worked a treat, thanks a lot for that :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 71 (432 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Furys-embrace escreveu:

If you sign off home, then back in you should get the reward, it will pop up when you're on the navi screen after the message of the day. That sword isnt that great either, it doesnt even look like a sword, same with the mirror that looks more like a plate. im saving my ryo now and gonna wait for the sword you can actually use which someone in the other edo thread said costs 3900 ryo. U_N_Y_O_N. I just tried your bath house method on big red and ugly and it worked a treat, thanks a lot for that :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the info, then I will save mine too ^^

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 71 (427 Views)
0 Kudos