03 Dec 2011
By: ainsx4 Member 29 Posts
Level 2
Accepted Solution

Installing Launcher on Device - Device Not Found

[ Edited ]
10 Replies 676 Views edited 03-12-2011

Hi all!

When I attempt to install PSSuiteLauncher on my Xperia Play, I am flagged with "error: device not found"  Has anyone experienced and found a solution for this error, if so please post.

Thanks In advance!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (676 Views)

Re: Installing Launcher on Device - Device Not Found

Hi,

I successfully installed PssLauncher and running builded project and upload to Xperia Play and Xperia Arco (SO-02C)

Here is what you need.

1. make sure your phone is in most updated version.

My S0-02C is 2.3.4 build 4.0.1C.1.9

2 copy psschecker.apk and psslauncher.apk from C:\Program Files\SCE\PSS\tools into your xperia phone.

I copied into the microsd download folder.

3. Install both psschecker.apk and psslauncher.apk. I use ES file explorer.

4. turn on debug mode for you phone.

5. connect your phone to the computer you should be able to see your android device in the PSS IDE.

6. Just build your project and Run -> debug (F5). It will upload it to your phone.

7. Everytime you run it on your phone you  will need to access internet network to check with your PSN ID and password.

If everything running well you will able to run it on your phone.

Hope this can help.

Regards,

James

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (644 Views)
Level 3

Thanks for the instructions Aliasan. How can I upgrade my Xperia Mini to 2.3.4 build 4.0.1C.1.9 if Sony haven't pushed that out yet ( or have they )?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (636 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the help, however my device will not appear in the PSS Device List. I am running Android 2.3.4, build number is 4.0.2.A.0.42 and USB Debug Mode on. Do I require the Android SDK/Eclipse installed? (I develop for droid on a mac not windows, however I can install it).  

^As far as I know, an Xperia Mini would not work as I dont believe it is on the list of Playstation Certified Devices

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (634 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I've since found out my Mini does have v2.3.4, and build number  4.0.2.A.0.42 on it too.

Pity it is not on the certified list, but I'm guessing they have a minimum resolution as part of the cert. I may have to speak to my provider to upgrade my phone.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (624 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

[ Edited ]

ainsx4 wrote:

Hi all!

When I attempt to install PSSuiteLauncher on my Xperia Play, I am flagged with "error: device not found"  Has anyone experienced and found a solution for this error, if so please post.

Thanks In advance!

Hi,

"device not found" error is usually something wrong with your android USB driver. Please make sure you have the necessary driver installed.

You can check whether you have ADB and the driver installed properly by

1. Go to Setting > Applicatoin > Development > USB debugging

2. Connect the USB

3. Turn off USB Mass Storage (somehow Xperia Play has this problem and I have to turn it off each time)

4. Open Command Prompt (Win+R, type "cmd") and do "adb devices", you should see the device listed

5. Open PssStudio and open a sample. And you should now see your phone when you click the "PlayStation Suite Simulator" drop-down box

6. Just select Run >Run in the menu. This will install the launcher app (psslauncher.apk) for you and run the sample (and prompt for PSN login)

Aliasan wrote:

2 copy psschecker.apk and psslauncher.apk from C:\Program Files\SCE\PSS\tools into your xperia phone. 

I copied into the microsd download folder.

I did this too, but later found out it's not neccessary to copy the .apk (although the SDK docs suggested us to install). The PssStudio did it for me

Aliasan wrote:

7. Everytime you run it on your phone you  will need to access internet network to check with your PSN ID and password.

Actually, I only had to sign-in for the very first time. Then every time I can just launch from PssStudio and no need to sign in again.

Aliasan wrote:

I successfully installed PssLauncher and running builded project and upload to Xperia Play and Xperia Arco (SO-02C)

Really? I only got to test it on Xperia Play (and it was great experience). I am very interested to know more about how PSS worked on non-PlayStation certified devices like Xperia Arc (or Arco?)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (568 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Ok, I just learnt that both Xperia Arc and Arco are now PlayStation Certified (in Japan only?)
http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/09/sony-ericssons-xperia-acro-and-xperia-arc-get-playstation-certi/
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (558 Views)
Level 2

Stage 4 I recieve

'adb is not recognised as an internal or external command, operatable program or batch file'
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (532 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

[ Edited ]

--- Solution 1 ---

You will need the ADB. One way to get it is by using the Android SDK Manager. The Android SDK Manager also helps you get up-to-date for the latest version.
You can reference the docs here on how to do it: http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing.html
ADB should be included with the Android SDK Platform-tools

--- Solution 2 ---

ADB is also available in PSS under C:\Program Files\SCE\PSS\tools\adb

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (516 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I know my Xperia Mini isn't on the certified list, but I had to try...

PSS Studio can see my device, and when I launch the SpriteSample I can see the PSSLauncher come up and then I see a PSN Network logo, but overlapping it is a perpetual updating circular animation. If I launch the keyboard it allows me to enter my PSN info, but as you would expect when I click GO, it throws up "An Error occured. (80081034)" dialog box.

If I go into the PSSLauncher app on my phone, I can see the SpriteSample listed there. Which brings up a question. Will PSSSuite apps only be launchable from the PSSLauncher? If so it will not catch on. Minimum number of clicks between the user and any app/game.

Just posting this here for completeness.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (489 Views)