Playstation Staff

Re: My desktop wont launch pssuite

I also tried launching and installing PSS studio with Administrative rights and to a different directory (not the default one under Program Files (x86) but the same thing happens.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29 (797 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Wow, finally got it working :smileyvery-happy:

Solution that /seemed/ to fix it for me was to uninstall pss and gtk# as usual, plus a previous installation of gtk+. Reinstalled on the root of the drive (both pss AND gtk#) and turned off uac to make sure there were no permission issues. Works like a dream now.

i'll admit it wasn't particularly scientific towards the end, so don't know if all the uac stuff is necessary.

Anyway, hope that helps someone out there.

Logan
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29 (785 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I had the same issue on a 64bit machine but it worked fine on a 32bit machine. It was resolved on the x64 system by re-installing the gtk-sharp-2.12.10.win32.msi and dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe that are found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\SCE\Pss\software installation folder. I already had these installed so i chose to repair the installations. After I restated my machine when the FX4 repair completed, it all started to work.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29 (780 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Strangely after installing and uninstalling multiple times it is now working. I uninstalled gtk before the reinstall and also installed both GTK and PSS in C:\ rather than C:\Program Files (Thank you Grumpatron)

Thank you for your posts and helping to resolve this issue for me.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29 (745 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I tried all of the solutions in here yesterday, and none of them worked for me. Uninstall, reinstall, repair, restart, C: drive, do it all while doing a handstand, nothing.

Magically, it works now. This is the process that I did, though it might or might not work for you (like the other solutions).

1.) Uninstall gtk# and pssuite

2.) Delete the folders where they were previously

3.) Remove the PSSuite enviornment variable (it has its own) and look in the 'Path' variable at the end for the gtk# one, and remove it as well. The last item should not have a semicolon following it.  Make sure to hit 'Ok' to close that window, otherwise it won't save.

4.) Re-download and re-install as you would normally. I did mine on my K: drive, so it should work in non-default locations.

5.) Open up the enviornment variables again, and in the 'Path' variable, move the gtk# one to the very beginning. Make sure it has a semicolon seperating it from the next item, and that you remove the semicolon at the end. Again, make sure to hit 'Ok' to close the window.

6.)This might be important, might not be. On the initial startup, I navigated to the pssstudio.exe file (didn't use the shortcut on the desktop) and ran it as admin. It worked.

To modify the enviornment variables (in windows 7 at least), you can go to the start menu and in the search bar, type Environment', and you'll (hopefully) see something that says "Edit the environment variables for your account". Click on that, and you should find what I told you to look for in the bottom box named "System variables".

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29 (704 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Moving the gtk# path to the start of the path environmental variable solved the problem for me. I had multiple applications that used some version of Gtk installed in my system.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29 (694 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I can confirm that moving the GTK path to the beginning of the path environment variable fixed it for me as well.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29 (578 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Solved my problem as well.

Problem lies with the path variable of Gtk needing to be the first variable in system path.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29 (542 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Thanks you to you all for your solutions :smileyhappy: We will discuss this internally.
PlayStation®Mobile Dev Team
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29 (463 Views)
0 Kudos