11 Dec 2012
Playstation Staff

warning MSB3026: Could not copy "obj\Debug\convertedpdb\app.exe.mdb

13 Replies 1,613 Views Created 11-12-2012

Hi

when using the simulator, if something is accidentally typed while in the middle of debugging, when I next try to Build, I get the above message which repeats a number of times until the retry count is exceed and the build fails.

this can only be fixed by exiting and restarting psm studio.

this can happen if say I'm tapping 'a' and a breakpoint is hit, so I end up with a couple of a's typed in a random file, even though I undo the accidentally added text, it still happens.

this is with MonoDevelop 2.8.8.4 from the current version of psm sdk 1.0

thanks

Steve

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (1,613 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: warning MSB3026: Could not copy "obj\Debug\convertedpdb\app.exe.mdb

HI:

I will try to test this and I will reply...

Cheers,

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (1,605 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Hi Just to let you know its got worse. I pretty much have to exit and restart PSM Studio after every run of the game.

I'm assuming this is not a common problem or someone else would have mentioned it.

is there anything I can do to help track down this issue.

btw running as administrator doesn't fix this

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (1,593 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Actually, this problem is pretty common. :smileytongue:

It's been like that for ages. My advice is to close PSM Studio, and make sure it actually is closed by looking in the Task Manager.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (1,588 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Ok confirmed that its closed and still the same issue.

Started PSM studio and loaded project, ran the game in the emulator. shut down the emulator, waited until it had vanished from task manager, added an extra line to a file and tried to run again... still failed trying to copy those 2 files..

I've now tried uninstalling and re-installing PSM studio to my C drive (previously it was on D) just in-case that was the cause, however I still have the problem.

I've got to the point where after running and making some edits I don't even try to re-run before exiting, especially as the couple of times that it appeared to work I ended up using stale code.

So now my workflow is edit,build and run, exit PSM studio, start PSM studio, edit, build and run. which does kind of slow things down.

anyone any idea why testing the build should keep these 2 files locked after psm has definitely exited?

thanks

Steve

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (1,567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

HI:

No indeed in the last update this disapear completilly, the only thing sometimes I need todo is stop wiht the red button not only exiting from the simulator. Did you check the debugger running in the task manager if so you can kill it without closing the IDE...

Cheers,

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (1,564 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Yes I checked that the debugger has completely stopped running and vanished from the task manager, but it still wont let me build the project again, also I only started properly working with psm with the latest update so don't know if it worked ok before the update.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (1,555 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

HI:

Mmmmm there is a LockFree software that tells you which program has locked your files, (of course the program can unlock them) but you can read first who it's doing that. May be its the scanner of the antivirus....

Check it just this could give you a clue. Just for knowledge can you post the PC config(windows ver etc etc..?)

Cheers,

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (1,548 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

it is locked by psmstudio.exe

and the actual error is

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Sce\Sce.Psm.Common.targets(180,3): warning MSB3026: Could not copy "obj\Debug\convertedpdb\app.exe.mdb" to "bin\Debug\Mega Blast-unsigned\Application\app.exe.mdb". Beginning retry 2 in 1000ms. The process cannot access the file 'bin\Debug\Mega Blast-unsigned\Application\app.exe.mdb' because it is being used by another process.

running windows 7 32 bit

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (1,541 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Hi Just to let you know this is still happening, and is still very anoying.

I am now using unlocker to unlock the file when it gets locked, which is pretty much after every time I try to debug to app.

and to confirm

bin\Debug\MegaBlast-unsigned\Application\app.exe.mdb for some reason remains locked by PsmStudio.exe

so giving the error

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Sce\Sce.Psm.Common.targets(3,3): Error MSB3027: Could not copy "obj\Debug\convertedpdb\app.exe.mdb" to "bin\Debug\MegaBlast-unsigned\Application\app.exe.mdb". Exceeded retry count of 10. Failed. (MSB3027)

thanks

Steve

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (1,425 Views)
0 Kudos